Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Showcase of a new mmorpg in development
481xwNr - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

Information:
FluOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money in order to receive swords or armor pieces. The balance between drops from monsters and the prices on items in the game are balanced. Next to this we aim to have alot of content for players to explore, so you will not get bored after a while. We will do this by having three diffrent classes you can choose from (Archer, Warrior, Magician). Each class will have their own skills to be used in PvP / PvM. Skills can be learned after certain requirements are met. e.g quests, levels, experience. In FluOnline you are able to cut trees, fish and cook your own food to be used in pvp or pvm, or to be sold to other players to earn a decent amount of gold. You can also party up with 6 of your friends to share experience and loots, and by that way help each other leveling up. PvP is being done in one place in the game, The wilderness. In this place players can attack each other and gain rewards for each kill they make.

Features:

• Quests
  • Party system
  • Guilds
  • Guild Wars
  • Balanced drop rates
  • Upgrading weapons and armor
  • PvP & PvM
  • 3 classes
  • Skills

Well there is a big list of features only to become bigger.

About the development

This game is being developed and funded by only one person (myself)
I do all of this in my spare time and i really work hard to get this game completed.
however, as i'm the only person working on the game it will take a lot of time and money to get to a point where i can say.. we can go live.

For those interested in following this project can subscribe to my youtube channel and keep an eye open on this thread. i will post updates in both.

But please do not expect to hear from me every week as im busy enough. and i only feel like sharing updates that really affect the game. so posting about bug fixes wont happen.

At everything i create, i test the new feature completely to make sure that there are no bugs.

Media:

nRmLxTB - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

UeCkVZR - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

7Jo0ksx - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

bCdhOEr - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

BrubTxn - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Cool ! very nice game for a single person developer. Good luck with the project keep it up !

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Looks nice, now do it for android and under 60 mb, like i did..
Then i can guarantee you success.

for deskop... terrain with character and healthbar.. must take 30 minutes to any decent unity3d developer :)

Looks cool.

what server engine you use and whats player cap?

I will suggest you to publish from first playable version as fast as possible and continue build

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A little (constructive) critics.

1) Showcase of what? ? And such maps taken from Assetstore (but i am pretty sure you are leech them instead of really buy it on unity asset store).
2) Maps & Enviroment... Again asset packs.

Try to showoff a real things, not only enviroment that you assemble from leaked AssetPacks. I can do the same for hmm 15 min?

Tips: Showoff how skills works, some gameplay demo, etc. Dont use photon, unet and other shenanigans for MMORPG. They are working terrible.
Try to avoid "showing" such pics, them demonstrate only AssetPacks (that maded NOT by you). Another tip: "FluOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money blahblahblahblaaah." That is common and generic description.

"MuOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"PanguOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"Black Desert is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"Tera Online is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"Aion is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
Oh.... exploitable!

Instead of that "generic" descriptions try to start from project lore. Why it's called Flu? What is Flu? For Example, MuOnline - Mu - it's a legendary continent (like Atlantis and etc.) and King charmed by witch resu old evil demon Kundun blahblahblah. Try to make a storyline, try to describe world itself, not a over9000 lines about how it will be (better than Aion,blahblahblah, without donate, full hardcore-roguelike UltimatePvP etc.) - that meaning nothing because it's too much generic and does not describe the game itself.

Cheers. Goodluck with your project.

Reactions: Dec
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A little (constructive) critics.

1) Showcase of what? ? And such maps taken from Assetstore (but i am pretty sure you are leech them instead of really buy it on unity asset store).
2) Maps & Enviroment... Again asset packs.

Try to showoff a real things, not only enviroment that you assemble from leaked AssetPacks. I can do the same for hmm 15 min?

Tips: Showoff how skills works, some gameplay demo, etc. Dont use photon, unet and other shenanigans for MMORPG. They are working terrible.
Try to avoid "showing" such pics, them demonstrate only AssetPacks (that maded NOT by you). Another tip: "FluOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money blahblahblahblaaah." That is common and generic description.

"MuOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"PanguOnline is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"Black Desert is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"Tera Online is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
"Aion is a mmorpg game who aims for a fair gameplay experience. without having to spend real money."
Oh.... exploitable!

Instead of that "generic" descriptions try to start from project lore. Why it's called Flu? What is Flu? For Example, MuOnline - Mu - it's a legendary continent (like Atlantis and etc.) and King charmed by witch resu old evil demon Kundun blahblahblah. Try to make a storyline, try to describe world itself, not a over9000 lines about how it will be (better than Aion,blahblahblah, without donate, full hardcore-roguelike UltimatePvP etc.) - that meaning nothing because it's too much generic and does not describe the game itself.

Cheers. Goodluck with your project.

Hello,

Just a little answer here..

Yes i BUY assets from the assetstore to save me time and money on developing this game. If i hire a 3d modeler instead of buying assets causes me to not even get close to what i made now.

You say that i steal assets from the assetstore and just copy and paste the demo scenes together right? Alright then please show me a picture of my environment inside the assetstore. I bet you wont find it as this environment has been made by me. Every object, height and terrain has been placed by my own hands. Assets are public meaning anyone can use them in their game and it would be a waste to just use 'demo' scenes and not make something unique out of something public.

So you are way off with this.

Anyway you can make this in 15 minutes right? please make a video of 15 minutes long making the exact same environment i made.
I bet you wont even get close to what i have. especially not in 15 minutes.

You do not even know what networking system i use you have no idea.. So i guess you cant judge about that.
I got my own server via visual studio if you really wanted to know.

So thank you for the critics, but you're way off.

Oh yeh and this: 'Try to avoid "showing" such pics, them demonstrate only AssetPacks (that maded NOT by you). '

Please show me the pictures of these assetpacks. Bet they dont even come close to what i made.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyway you can make this in 15 minutes right? please make a video of 15 minutes long making the exact same environment i made.
I bet you wont even get close to what i have. especially not in 15 minutes.

Not long time ago. Everything maded by me. For 20 min contest :D (Included graphics)

4 hours contest
Vfk7jSU - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

Ohh, i know, that games it's not a something like you do. Well, here it is.
BuzKMgx - [MMorpg Development] Flu Online - a massive online mmorpg game - RaGEZONE Forums

The last one was maded from Cabal Online, latest 21Ep 3D Models (fully worked with all animations and etc. reversed by me and imported to Unity3D). Literally "non-clean" example, because i spent for be fair few hours for full reverse engineering CabalOnline custom models format, make a parser and write them to FBX/Unity3D. But terrains and enviroment - really simple. 15-20min no more.
There is many ways to do that. Like Gaia Toolset. + You also may use a "rogue-like" style for filling map (see cref="Empyrion Galactic Survival and Arc: Survival Evolved games on Steam"). If you manually design them... yeah, it will take alot of time...BUT Sorry, but on your screens currently project looks a bit "generic". Very similar Town "templates" and Enviroment i've seen on Demo projects, that demonstrates procedural map generation for Unity3D (Gaia Toolkit + Perlin Noise + "Room" Ceiling for objects placement). That's why.
Just first impressions.

About other things, i just suggest you not to use embedded networking (if you use a normal server - that is great!). But mainly, imho, you should focus on game lore, gameplay and other important systems. Try to make a something, that can make your game a really unique. And main question is - Why it Flu Online? What meaning of this? (MuOnline - Mu - Continent of Legends, like Atlantis and etc. blahblahblah).

Game development - not only develop a some kind of features & just meshes on scene does actions. Game - it's mainly your own world. And i suggest you to put some of your time to create a some kind of gamedesign documents maybe concept arts or information about your world. Better try to describe a world itself, than create a bit generic descriptions.

Best regards.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back