Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PHP] NBS - A simple Gmod server CMS

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
NBS: An exceptionally simple & configurable Garry's Mod server CMS

Description
I'm new to PHP and didn't want to release something poop so I haven't released anything, I made this really quite basic Gmod server website of which I intended to use for myself, I believe its quite clean and easy to edit it contains comments so that people completely unfamiliar with PHP will be able to use it.

Features:
  • Easily configurable
  • Simple and easy to build upon CMS
  • Modified Bootstrap theme

Screenshots

Download

Thanks ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont get how this is even a cms? its a php file with obviously a few defined variables in config.php?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont get how this is even a cms? its a php file with obviously a few defined variables in config.php?

"A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing, modifying, organizing, deleting, and maintaining content from a central interface." The definition of an CMS.

The interface in this would be a central config file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But if you create a html file lol.. you can edit the html file directly... is that a cms too....

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
You can't consider this a CMS, its not because you have a config file, that it automaticly is a CMS System. The CMS System usually sets up the config file automaticly by making you fill in a certain page where you will give in your detail, and that will update the variables for you.

This is basicly just a PHP file with some variables in which gets included in all the other .php files, thats included in most of the things on php that work with a config file.

However, good job.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But if you create a html file lol.. you can edit the html file directly... is that a cms too....
No, because not all pages will be influenced by a change. (but your right none the less)

You can't consider this a CMS, its not because you have a config file, that it automaticly is a CMS System. The CMS System usually sets up the config file automaticly by making you fill in a certain page where you will give in your detail, and that will update the variables for you.

This is basicly just a PHP file with some variables in which gets included in all the other .php files, thats included in most of the things on php that work with a config file.

However, good job.
I was never really sure to begin with but thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Ben
Back