Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Project CMS] SoftN CMS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry, my English is bad.

SoftN CMS

SoftN CMS is a content management system with can create dynamic and interactive websites with a friendly and intuitive interface that adapts to any type of resolution. Developed in PHP programming language and MySQL as database manager.

Versión 0.3 Alpha. This project is still under development.

More info:

Recursos utilizados
  • JQuery:
  • Bootstrap:
  • TinyMCE:
  • XAMPP:
Functionalities
Administration Panel
  • Post content or articles.
  • Post pages.
  • Create categories.
  • Create labels.
  • Manage Comments.
  • Create users.
  • Login.
  • User register.
  • General settings.
  • List of information articles, pages, categories, users, etc.
Theme or web template
  • List of published articles.
Screenshot
Administration Panel
marulo - [Project CMS] SoftN CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

List of published
marulo - [Project CMS] SoftN CMS - RaGEZONE Forums

License (MIT )

GitHub

Steaming:

What is livecoding?
Livecoding is a website Streaming focused on programming and design, currently when I work on the project I make transmissions through this platform.

If you are interested I invite you to register and make their own Streaming. Besides to invite you to follow me :D

FAQ
- Why are you doing this project there many CMS?
- Simply because I want to improve my knowledge of web development and practice what I learn.

- How long have you been working on this project?
- Versión 0.3: 2 months.

- This project started from 0?
- Yes.

- How many years of experience in web development have?
- 1 year.

- What language is the project?
- All posts and comments on the application are in Spanish. Later I pretend that you can change the language of the messages displayed in the application.

- Where I can see the project online?
- Temporarily hosting the application in (username and password "admin" ).

- Are you looking for help or members for this project?
- As already indicated the project is MIT licensed, everyone is free to use. But if they want to work directly with me you can contact me by Skype: nmarulo or Twitter or the GitHub itself.

PS: Any another question can make right here, or at GitHub (if related to the code or problems with the application).
PS2: If you're still learning about development but are interested in participating in this project you can equally contact me :D.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oddly, the whole menu on the left looks exactly as Wordpress. How is your CMS different from it?

The appearance of administration panel is a simple and familiar design, very common, I focus on the functionalities of the application.

I have not the goal of reinventing what already exists, this project is to improve my knowledge.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So you're basically copy and pasting?

I was referring to use libraries and try to follow the standards of programming, I wrote each of the files that have the project

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well done mate, looks good. I'm also looking to create something similar for my server although I still have a lot to learn. We all gotta start somewhere though, right? :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well done mate, looks good. I'm also looking to create something similar for my server although I still have a lot to learn. We all gotta start somewhere though, right? :D

Of course.

With this project I'm learning a lot.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I've seen that you've been implementing the MVC concept, nice work on that one!

However you're misunderstanding some parts of the concept, and you've got some code that is repeated which will make it harder for you to maintain the code. My motto is write simple but powerful code.

Here is a suggestion:
You could move the database logic to a core component which would be the base model. It's normal for the models to interact with the database. You could make a query builder to make your life a lot easier. Currently you've got a DBController which breaks the principle of MVC however I guess this is just a learning mistake.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've seen that you've been implementing the MVC concept, nice work on that one!

However you're misunderstanding some parts of the concept, and you've got some code that is repeated which will make it harder for you to maintain the code. My motto is write simple but powerful code.

Here is a suggestion:
You could move the database logic to a core component which would be the base model. It's normal for the models to interact with the database. You could make a query builder to make your life a lot easier. Currently you've got a DBController which breaks the principle of MVC however I guess this is just a learning mistake.

Hello, you're right, it is very likely that this misinterpreting some concepts.

With regard to "DB Controller" I wanted to make the possibility to change the type of database.

Sorry, I did not understand the suggestion.How I can implement it?

Back