Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RATE] My Website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello there everyone, please rate my website!

You can visit my website at:

Reaction score
Several things caught my eye:

Why does it have two different layouts? Your portfolio website is completely different from the "main" website and there's no link back to the "main" website. Unify them. Perhaps even design your own? It's quite an obvious, plain template right now.

You only load two pages using ajax. Why not the Blog and Contact pages as well?

Why not use jQuery? Those DynamicDrive files were last updated in like 2005.

I think it's nice that you present your customers with progress bars indicating how far your knowledge of a certain programming or scripting language has developed, but if they are determined by you yourself they are subjective, thus not very trustworthy judges of skill. You could also ask yourself: do you ever finish learning?

Now, how do I say this without coming off too harsh... You're 13 years old, obviously you still have a lot to learn. This will no doubt come with experience over the years. If you are really serious about getting customers via your portfolio website you should perhaps take a look at other portfolio websites. Your portfolio website right now gives off a quite informal, unprofessional, over-eager vibe. Besides the fact that you provide your services for free I don't really think people will be too inclined to hire your services just yet.

Reaction score
Not sure if your old thread got deleted or you requested for it, but it's pretty much the same site, nothing changed besides the new portfolio page, which was meant to be a full website as it is, and used as "one-page portfolio". How can you have HTML5 skills at like 99% then next to it you say "even though I am not good ad designing, I do it". So how is anyone going to hire you with that?

You never start right away with a portfolio, when you've done nothing yet. I opened my portfolio for the public when I was sure I have something to put in it. If you don't have clients, you can start doing things for yourself. Start learning, designing, and whatever comes out of it, look at it, watch it for a long time, then look at others site or design, and see the difference, correct your mistakes, try to improove. Once you make something eligible you can then update your portfolio, and your clients might have something to look at, and say "oh this guy does a good job, i will hire him".

Always view other's source code, since you are so interested in HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 (although html5, and css3 is not the right place to start designing), see how they did it, how is it aranged, if you are unsure of some elements, and what they do, look it up, learn about it.

Obviously that Portfolio page is a rip too, or maybe a freebie, but you didn't even care to change most of it, so at least people would believe it's yours or that you are professional.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your old thread got deleted or you requested for it, but it's pretty much the same site, nothing changed besides the new portfolio page, which was meant to be a full website as it is, and used as "one-page portfolio". How can you have HTML5 skills at like 99% then next to it you say "even though I am not good ad designing, I do it". So how is anyone going to hire you with that?

You never start right away with a portfolio, when you've done nothing yet. I opened my portfolio for the public when I was sure I have something to put in it. If you don't have clients, you can start doing things for yourself. Start learning, designing, and whatever comes out of it, look at it, watch it for a long time, then look at others site or design, and see the difference, correct your mistakes, try to improove. Once you make something eligible you can then update your portfolio, and your clients might have something to look at, and say "oh this guy does a good job, i will hire him".

Always view other's source code, since you are so interested in HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 (although html5, and css3 is not the right place to start designing), see how they did it, how is it aranged, if you are unsure of some elements, and what they do, look it up, learn about it.

Obviously that Portfolio page is a rip too, or maybe a freebie, but you didn't even care to change most of it, so at least people would believe it's yours or that you are professional.

I agree on this.
also, like I said before.
The skills are way inaccurate.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm looking at the portfolio template and like others said above it is an obvious template, I am sure I saw this on ThemeForest?

Services section of the website - Is a bit vague and would not make me want to hire you, for example - "My HTML5 skills are good" and then you go onto say "My CSS3 services are good aswell!" That would not just jump out at me that you are capable of doing the work I would want done.

Also, the mobile ready part of the services section does not make sense. That part is meant for if you can code responsive designs (which mean, the exact same template is used but fits perfectly on any device of any screen size)

Change the template to make it more "yours" change the colours, images, pretty much everything about it. And the services section - you need to make people want to buy your services so sell it!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The portfolio page menu buttons didn't work on my tablet, but it maybe my browser fault, ill try on another browser...

Edit

didn't work either on firefox beta or crome....

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Play nicely children or I will just close the thread :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@jur13n obviously I am not gonna pay for a bootstrap theme which is supposed to be free.. :)

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
jur13n obviously I am not gonna pay for a bootstrap theme which is supposed to be free.. :)

1. That's complete shenanigans.
2. It's BASED on bootstrap.

If a theme is BASED on bootstrap, there are a LOT of things added to it, if you want to make it sell-able.
You really don't have much knowledge do you?

Oh btw;
In the first case it's already worse that you ripped it.
But what makes it even more worse, is that you couldn't fix it.
It's bugged out and nothing javascript/Jquery like is working.

Good job on embarrassing yourself...
ChewBecca please close it.. It's not really worth evaluating if there is nothing to evaluate.

Bierlust
Reaction score
Ripped Portfolio with lots of bad used blank space.
Terrible terrible writing.
The homepage is the only thing that looks like being made by you, and I still have my doubts.

@jur13n obviously I am not gonna pay for a bootstrap theme which is supposed to be free.. :)
Obviously no one ever will be able to take your name seriously, if as a *ahem* "web developer", not only do you disrespect other fellow designer and web developers work by making a terrible job at ripping it, you also claim that their hard work, which you quite literally stole, is worth nothing because the platform for which it was developed is open source. Is this how is going down?
I totally get that you are 13 and that, this kind of things are still unimportant to you because you clearly haven't had the need to work to put food in your mouth or your family's. I don't think you'll get into trouble, at the very end, you are a minor and I'm sure the only reason you'd rip HTML templates is for pure learning purposes, but when you do it, at least show a little respect for the man/woman who actually did the job with intentions of profiting from it, instead of blatantly saying that you could give less fucks about that.

Is that how you expect you "customers" to see you?
Is really that the attitude you should be showing fellow ragezoners, web developers and potential teachers?
Would you not be mad if someone stole your design, that you clearly copyrighted and put out for sale, and not got a penny back for it?

1/10, made me reply.
Disgusting, +1 on jur13n's request for the thread to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back