Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL] [C#] [WPF] Simple Program

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
As the title says, it's a "SIMPLE" Program. I'm new to C# and I am learning C# since a few days now.

I made a C# App which does the following:

Asking for User Input for: num1, num2, num3. num4

And then, it gets calculated in the following equation:

Num1 + Num2 - Num3 * Num4

And it's output!

I know this application is simple, it includes my source code as well, I know this is not even worth saying source code since it's small but still, lol!

Download Link:

Please suggest if I could improve my code or use a better practise! Also, please suggest me some basic project so I can improve my skills in C#!

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
jur13n no idea hw to do that. I am making a physics calculator.

Stop making useless calculatores,
Get real and create something that's atleast usefull.

If you don't know how to do it, FIGURE IT OUT FFS, THAT IS WHAT CODING IS ABOUT.
Stop the Ducking "no idea how to do that" crap you try yo pull of every Ducking time.

It ain't worth helping you if you come up with that poop.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@jur13n ok sorry, I'll do my best! :)

Edit: I decided to stop working on C#, its too difficult for me. :[ I'll continue PHP for a few months, and start with C if I find a good compiler for that.. :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@jur13n I know, I decided not to give up! I AM GONNA WORK ON IT NOW! I will work DAY AND NIGHT till I find a solution to the problem you've passed to me, I GOT THIS BRO! Plus I dont understand what features it should have in the agenda application.. :( still, first I will practise to store and retrieve data from an XML file in C#! Suggesting a good tutorial would be good, after-all you are the only person who is helpful to me in this forum.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
So i got to say..
This thread is really really weird.
Some weird butt convo is going on here.

Weirdo1: I made this!
Weirdo2:No idiot make this you should make this!
Weirdo1: I will! No wait i will stop.
Weirdo2:Its so easy!
Weirdo1:I will do what ever you told me! Should i bend over now or later ?

IGalaxy, come on dude grow some..
I am pretty sure you just started and are still learning,
It is fine to just follow your own route to learn it, no need to rush it and do stuff people tell you do do.

jur13n, Your title says "Intelligent DoucheBag", now i ain't so sure about the first one, but the second one i agree with.
He is just showing something, like this sub-section is made for, no need to go on a rage..

OnTopic:
What you just made in indeed quite basic,
Try to make it a bit more advance, like giving the user the option to add/subtract, and all that.
Other then that, try to give variables more proper naming, so people know what it contains, having it being called Num1 etc, won't tell me much at all, other then it being a number, while it being a integer does the same.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So i got to say..
This thread is really really weird.
Some weird butt convo is going on here.

Weirdo1: I made this!
Weirdo2:No idiot make this you should make this!
Weirdo1: I will! No wait i will stop.
Weirdo2:Its so easy!
Weirdo1:I will do what ever you told me! Should i bend over now or later ?

IGalaxy, come on dude grow some..
I am pretty sure you just started and are still learning,
It is fine to just follow your own route to learn it, no need to rush it and do stuff people tell you do do.

jur13n, Your title says "Intelligent DoucheBag", now i ain't so sure about the first one, but the second one i agree with.
He is just showing something, like this sub-section is made for, no need to go on a rage..

OnTopic:
What you just made in indeed quite basic,
Try to make it a bit more advance, like giving the user the option to add/subtract, and all that.
Other then that, try to give variables more proper naming, so people know what it contains, having it being called Num1 etc, won't tell me much at all, other then it being a number, while it being a integer does the same.

The relation between the conversations of us has grown due other threads,
Your reference to this is fault because you obviously don't know the other conversations we had.

I think you really have to think about my title again, because you don't know me at all.
A intelligent person can still behave like a total idiot, as example; Einstein.
Oh wait, did I just hit you on the nail?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@ThuGie your suggestion was really good! I will implement it right away! jur13n I cannot implement your idea, give me basic idea's first, I'm not even thorough with basic syntax yet.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Hey,

I indeed did not know about any other convo's you had before this, nor should i know,
This is a whole different thread.

And just because you can act like a idiot, does not mean you should.
If you still recommend him to make a calendar, why not point him in the right direction ?
Give him some simply steps he could make a guide perhaps ?

a calendar could save to different formats it could be sql, xml, plaintext and a ton more, perhaps for sql he simply never learned it, for xml some people never even heard of it.
plaintext not the best but a solution for a beginner, give him a simply way on how to best store it in a nice easy to read and parse format.

Well as its 2am, i am off to bed, goodnight.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@jur13n I'm still new, a tutorial would be great. :) I only know loops, if conditions and basic syntax.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@-DefauIT it's not that hard if you know PHP. I at last finished coding my own Calculator, will be releasing soon!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Get out of the habit of writing code in the UI's code behind. Look up MVVM when working with WPF.
It'll save you a lot of headache in the future.

Thanks! I will when I get to my laptop.

Back