Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release][C#] Zelda fan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a Zelda fan game that I started and decided to leave for anyone who wants to continue with it. It's actually really good but I have no intention of continuing this project at all.

Has the following features:
Movement
Maps
Collision Detection ( I didn't implement stopping them from moving )
The start of a HUD.
Map Changing
Multi-layer Maps.
Includes map tile sheets, the basic Link sprite sheet, a handful of other graphic sheets, and 3 basic maps.

Uses "Tiled" as the map editing software. Can be found here:

To export properly you need to save the map as an XML file with no base64. This is set in Edit -> Preferences

Source coding:

inumedia - [Release][C#] Zelda fan game. - RaGEZONE Forums

Thought this picture would be worth mentioning:

Precompiled build:

Benchmark testing:
Code:
196ms + 5/30ms avg loading time
High of 244ms, low of 127ms, 6 samples
file size: 732.4kb
One tile image, 4 layers, 250 x 250 dimensions

Last edited:
butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It looks really good, too bad I have such little knowledge about this yet. I would have liked to see this being developed.

Was it supposed to be offline or more like MMORPG?

It looks really cool =]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Was originally intended to be online but I never got to that point so I removed what junk I put in there involving the networking. There's still some remnants like how Map.cs has a list of players instead of only referencing the player at Program.Instance.CurrentPlayer.

Reaction score
This is a Zelda fan game that I started and decided to leave for anyone who wants to continue with it. It's actually really good but I have no intention of continuing this project at all.

Has the following features:
Movement
Maps
Collision Detection ( I didn't implement stopping them from moving )
The start of a HUD.
Map Changing
Multi-layer Maps.
Includes map tile sheets, the basic Link sprite sheet, a handful of other graphic sheets, and 3 basic maps.

Uses "Tiled" as the map editing software. Can be found here:

To export properly you need to save the map as an XML file with no base64. This is set in Edit -> Preferences

Source coding:

Precompiled build:

wow, nice job! it looks great. i think you should work on your own game. you have potential!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
这是太棒了我真的很喜欢它。

~I don't have the best english but I really like the game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
*bump*

Update:
This will be continued to be developed mostly for the experience. This will be closed source.

Add me on MSN if you want to join the team. We're mostly in need of map editors + makers right nao. Along with people who can dig up sprite sheets for new maps instead of just reusing the ones I included with this over and over.

Map Editors will be just like any other users but the maps they make can be included in standard releases. If you make a map and you'd like to submit it, please PM me, send me an email, or let me know on MSN. If you want to email it to me, send it to inumedia at inumedia.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back