Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REVIEW] Scrshot.com

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear visitors,

I really got tired of tinypic and all the other image-hosts, they were slow and the captcha's were really annoying me
So then I decided to make my own image hosting with a lot of features and extra's

○ Features:
• Upload your Clipboard with Ctrl+v
• View your recent uploads
• No image limit.
• Edit your images with a simple HTML5 editor
• Delete your images
• Use a wonderful API
• Chrome extension where you can Re-host images

○ API (i made an API, so here's a small explanation, use the upload URL scrshot.com/api.php?url= put the image link from a site, example:
scrshot.com/api.php?url=http://community.mybb.com/images/smilies/my.gif
Press enter, now your image is uploaded. You can choose witch output you have. Raw, Json or XML full example:
scrshot.com/api.php?url=http://forum.ragezone.com/images/styles/AnimatedArena/style/logo_blue.png&raw
scrshot.com/api.php?url=http://forum.ragezone.com/images/styles/AnimatedArena/style/logo_blue.png&json
scrshot.com/api.php?url=http://forum.ragezone.com/images/styles/AnimatedArena/style/logo_blue.png&xml

○ Soon
• Android APP
• i OS app (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
• Blackberry APP

○ Support/Contact (If you found a bug please contact me on:)
• Mail: support@scrshot.com
• Or send a PM

○ Help us!
If you want to help us, please use this in your signature:
Code:
Code:
[­url=http://scrshot.com][img­]http://scrshot.com/bnr/adv.php[/img­][­/url]
Have fun with using my website, and share if you can!

Sneek peak of the Application (soon):
Scrshot - [REVIEW] Scrshot.com - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How dafuq did you make this? I say good job.

Only thing I see wrong so far is the image is a little bit cut off here, but thats not an issue xD

Scrshot - [REVIEW] Scrshot.com - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you !
I'll fix the buttons ;)
And i made this with Jquery & php & js

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
It's working..

Please take care of all browsers. It's not (on Chrome). Just the click upload.
The idea is not bad, I was freaking out because of all the stupid image hosters, but there really exist some nice hosters with minimal layout and direct links. Nowadays, Dropbox is my own hoster in association with Dropbox Screen Grabber, however.

Still wishing good luck with your project.

EDIT: You should provide BB-Code.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I like what I hear and your reasoning, however if it's good enough to get popular, how do you intend to avoid...
* slowness
* captchas
* image limits?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is a anti spam for the image uploads, but i dont do slowness or captcha's
just upload and have fun :p

Please take care of all browsers. It's not (on Chrome). Just the click upload.
The idea is not bad, I was freaking out because of all the stupid image hosters, but there really exist some nice hosters with minimal layout and direct links. Nowadays, Dropbox is my own hoster in association with Dropbox Screen Grabber, however.

Still wishing good luck with your project.

EDIT: You should provide BB-Code.
Forgot that, ill add it +
the upload works on every browser only IE ..

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's working..

Didn't work when I tried

there is a anti spam for the image uploads, but i dont do slowness or captcha's
just upload and have fun :p

Forgot that, ill add it +
the upload works on every browser only IE ..

Didn't when I tried on chrome, once again.

even easier.

Oh not to mention, the logo is copyrighted by Valve.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using Windows 8.1 and...

On Chrome drag n drop and paste is not working. On IE drag n drop and paste is not working. On Firefox drag n drop is not working.

Your responsive design could use some work. When re-sizing the responsive changes on the album especially are really strange. Take a look at the album and just slowly re-size the width of your browser from smallest to largest and back again and you'll see what I mean.

The API is not working, or doesn't do anything. Not that it's very useful being only able to "upload" an image via a remote url.

On image editing. The transparency slider and brush weight selections are not very intuitive to their use right away. When I click mark then go to draw, it draws a rectangle. When I release the mouse and draw again it draws a line. When using Cut, which should be crop imo, if you drag the box outside of the image you get undefined results... sometimes it deletes the whole image, sometimes you get a part.

After saving an image you edited it brings you to a page with an html link, direct link, and share icons... I'd suggest adding in more links like on imgur, but also this information should be available after uploading an image. Even viewing the album, you're not given this much information.

Also my saved image that I edited is not reflected on the thumbnail in my album making it look like the changes were not saved. However after viewing the image, you can see the edits were saved, so regenerating the thumbnail would be helpful.

Page load time is a little slow, But I'm sure when you put this out you'll use a cdn and improve the speed, hopefully.

All in all, I feel that the site needs a lot of polish before it's ready for the world to use.

Reaction score
th7xW2S - [REVIEW] Scrshot.com - RaGEZONE Forums

You wouldn't need an app for each mobile device if you successfully made it responsive. I haven't downloaded the program myself, but you should really improve on your website or hire someone who can do it for you.

Also you're going to get sued if you continue to use the Aperture Science logo as your own.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He didn't steal this logo even though it's the same, he created it using this tutorial.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for all comments,
first of all i removed the drag and drop from the thread.. Because its bugging ill take a look at it..
Second mobile's are not supported soon they does.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:blink: I would never have thought that there would be a need for a tutorial on how to draw a circle, put a hexagon in the center and draw lines extending in one direction from the sides of that hexagon. A five minute long tutorial at that, for something that can just be explained in a single sentence.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
th7xW2S - [REVIEW] Scrshot.com - RaGEZONE Forums

You wouldn't need an app for each mobile device if you successfully made it responsive. I haven't downloaded the program myself, but you should really improve on your website or hire someone who can do it for you.

Also you're going to get sued if you continue to use the Aperture Science logo as your own.
Hey, mobiles are not supported soon they does and im making now the android app ..
And i dint steal or copy the logo i made it with a Tutorial.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and...

On Chrome drag n drop and paste is not working. On IE drag n drop and paste is not working. On Firefox drag n drop is not working.

Your responsive design could use some work. When re-sizing the responsive changes on the album especially are really strange. Take a look at the album and just slowly re-size the width of your browser from smallest to largest and back again and you'll see what I mean.

The API is not working, or doesn't do anything. Not that it's very useful being only able to "upload" an image via a remote url.

On image editing. The transparency slider and brush weight selections are not very intuitive to their use right away. When I click mark then go to draw, it draws a rectangle. When I release the mouse and draw again it draws a line. When using Cut, which should be crop imo, if you drag the box outside of the image you get undefined results... sometimes it deletes the whole image, sometimes you get a part.

After saving an image you edited it brings you to a page with an html link, direct link, and share icons... I'd suggest adding in more links like on imgur, but also this information should be available after uploading an image. Even viewing the album, you're not given this much information.

Also my saved image that I edited is not reflected on the thumbnail in my album making it look like the changes were not saved. However after viewing the image, you can see the edits were saved, so regenerating the thumbnail would be helpful.

Page load time is a little slow, But I'm sure when you put this out you'll use a cdn and improve the speed, hopefully.

All in all, I feel that the site needs a lot of polish before it's ready for the world to use.
Indeed page load is slow, i did get a donation and im setting up the server now.
The API is working i saw in the database that you created a key..
Just read the api documentation
The responsive design sucks indeed, but like a said there is work on the mobile page.

Kind Regards

Didn't work when I tried

Didn't when I tried on chrome, once again.

even easier.

Oh not to mention, the logo is copyrighted by Valve.
Dude no, the logo is mine i created it with a Tutorial fifth time:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey, mobiles are not supported soon they does and im making now the android app ..
And i dint steal or copy the logo i made it with a Tutorial.

Indeed page load is slow, i did get a donation and im setting up the server now.
The API is working i saw in the database that you created a key..
Just read the api documentation
The responsive design sucks indeed, but like a said there is work on the mobile page.

Kind Regards

Dude no, the logo is mine i created it with a Tutorial fifth time:

Sigh, creating something from scratch doesn't make it yours.
If samsung creates a phone with a corner radius the same as apple.
They get sued their butt off, even if they used a tutorial to measure the best radius.

sigh..

Back