Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#] Simple SocketAsyncEventArgs library (for developers only!)

Reaction score
First of all for all the hate there's a combination on your keyboard, alt + F4 and it magically closes your browser. Cool, huh? :junglejane:

I didn't make this to get a lot of likes or reputation or cookies (although I love cookies), I just released it for C# developers here. This decreases the amount of files in your solution because this contains the whole SocketAsyncEventArgs system Wichard made (ALL credits goes to him, I just modified the system slightly so you don't need to do a million things).

How to use?

I'm not going to go fully in detail as it's really easy to setup. I added some documentation to the classes and methods to explain what everything does. If you can't use this, you shouldn't create an emulator.

I do have an example here though. As a programmer I doubt you'll have any problems understanding it.

Here's a screenshot with the code + proof it works:

8UFoF6j - [C#] Simple SocketAsyncEventArgs library (for developers only!) - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm not going to explain everything as you can find everything out with just trying it in your project and viewing the documentation (via IntelliSense). If you want I can put the source code online as well. But most of the stuff is pretty much straight forward for a programmer.

Link to release:

Link to documentation:

Any problems, requests, questions or anything? Just ask here.

Credits:
Wichard 95% - 'Making the code' / releasing it / whatever you know lol
Me 5% - Modifying the code and making a library out of it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Nice, but has this something about Habbo linked?

I love Cookies, and Scoopski Potatoes!

It's a really simple library, Why not post at "Coders Paradise" ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I have to agree, I don't see in any way this is related to habbo. But anyway, nice work :)

Reaction score

Hmm yeah I forgot about that witch, I just posted here since it could be useful for Habbo developers. I currently use it in my chat system I'm developing but I tested it quickly out with Habbo SWF and it works too. I might post at the coders paradise.

Reaction score
What's so special about this? Isn't this just your basic async socket class that anyone can make?

It's a simple library you can include in your project to reduce file amount and easy implement sockets without creating around 4/5 classes (when not stealing code online) lol besides this is SAEA not basic BeginAccept EndAccept shenanigans I wrote millions of times.

Reaction score
Though this does belong more in the coders paradise section, hardly anyone from here actually visits any other section than Habbo, so, this being here hopefully will stick out to those who are learning and help them on their journey.

Thanks for the share!

I agree, I might post this in coders paradise but I'm like extremely lazy and stuff lol thanks for your comment though.

Reaction score
Please note I just modified the socket system code, I did NOT make the SAEA system, I just made it easier, wanted to make that clear once again!
Also Droppy thanks man for moving haha I was going to make a new topic of it but yeah too lazy lol. Agree it fits in here better.

Reaction score
This library is actually very simple to use. Going to work up a basic application using this library, I'll reply back with feedback!
For people like myself learning C# still, this can be incredibly useful. Thanks for contributing!

Reaction score
My last post here was based on a mod action, so this post is related to the thread itself!

This one of the easiest-to-implement socket servers I've ever seen. I haven't checked it's performance just yet, but I trust the developer. I'll make sure to use it in next projects to see how it holds!

Reaction score
Put it up on Github or something. cba to download a zip, unzip it, browse files manually.

Cool thing is you don't have to view files haha xD Just kidding, I might make a Github later, but I'm lazy (okay lol, yeah, it literally take like less than 10 minutes of work BUT STILL >.<)

---

Here:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Love it, helps me a lot on my road to fully understanding sockets :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I see some catch em all code blocks. Consider being more specific with these exception handling.

Back