Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Skype Eddon!

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Annoyed about opening a browser every time some one shares a youtube link or some picture?
Fear no more!

Picture not final version
MisterKid - Skype Eddon! - RaGEZONE Forums

This skype plugin reads Youtube/picture urls from send/recieved messages and ask you to load it.
Not only will it load images/youtube movies it can also act as chat bot listening to your commands!

So get this bad butt today!

===================================
Like my salesman act ? :D:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have only one thing to say to this, great work as everyone can take a page out of your book as think of what could make lives easier and produce it. Frankly I love this it makes chatting to others and watching videos easier, as today I was chatting to a friend and then she sent me a link and to open it was soooo simple. Masterkid, continue your work and you will be a recognised by all. Overall just keep going and well done.

Pkamara/CoolDocterWho

Reaction score
So instead of opening this in a new browser window, where you could bookmark the page, save it to your favorites on youtube, upvote, etc, it opens in a more useless window wrapping the video embed code with no other options?

Yeah, what a wonderful plugin.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So instead of opening this in a new browser window, where you could bookmark the page, save it to your favorites on youtube, upvote, etc, it opens in a more useless window wrapping the video embed code with no other options?

Yeah, what a wonderful plugin.
Then this plugin is nothing for you :p but it is handy for some people like me.
If you have feedback than I rather have that said the nice way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just don't see the point. You were annoyed by videos opening in a new window, so you made a plugin that opens the video in a new window that has less functionality.

This doesn't resolve your original reason for creating the plugin. A scenario;

Bob: Hey, George! Check out this video!
Bob:
George: OK, one sec.
Bob: You'll like it haha
George: Wow that was cool! This reminds me of another video, let me find it...

George now has to close the window your plugin caused to open, then open a web browser, navigate to youtube and then search for the video he is looking for. Your plugin creates more work for most users and doesn't solve the issue you intended to solve.

The solution to this would be to open the video directly in the Skype conversation, or through a window that is "glued" to Skype in some way, with options to open the video in a web browser. The video would then automatically minimize back in to skype, essentially disappearing. This way you view the video with no annoying popups and the window management is handled for you. See below for an example,

Your idea is good but the execution is flawed and doesn't address the original issue.

Original Problem:
Videos, when clicked, open in a new window and interrupts the Skype conversation.

Your Solution: Videos, when clicked, open in a new window and still interrupts the Skype conversation. Users are now unable to see related videos and are limited to the YouTube functionality shown in the YouTube video wrapper. If users want to see related videos or search for other videos, they now have to click on the video title, thus opening a third window and causing further screen clutter.

You've made the problem worse with your plugin, not better. I'm not being rude, I'm just addressing the facts and trying to understand why you thought this was a solution to the original problem.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah yes the point made by RON is very very correct as it is another window except of using internet explorer or any another browser. So you haven't solved it if you make a program that actually plays or shows pictures and videos

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just don't see the point. You were annoyed by videos opening in a new window, so you made a plugin that opens the video in a new window that has less functionality.

This doesn't resolve your original reason for creating the plugin. A scenario;

Bob: Hey, George! Check out this video!
Bob:
George: OK, one sec.
Bob: You'll like it haha
George: Wow that was cool! This reminds me of another video, let me find it...

George now has to close the window your plugin caused to open, then open a web browser, navigate to youtube and then search for the video he is looking for. Your plugin creates more work for most users and doesn't solve the issue you intended to solve.

The solution to this would be to open the video directly in the Skype conversation, or through a window that is "glued" to Skype in some way, with options to open the video in a web browser. The video would then automatically minimize back in to skype, essentially disappearing. This way you view the video with no annoying popups and the window management is handled for you. See below for an example,

Your idea is good but the execution is flawed and doesn't address the original issue.

Original Problem:
Videos, when clicked, open in a new window and interrupts the Skype conversation.

Your Solution: Videos, when clicked, open in a new window and still interrupts the Skype conversation. Users are now unable to see related videos and are limited to the YouTube functionality shown in the YouTube video wrapper. If users want to see related videos or search for other videos, they now have to click on the video title, thus opening a third window and causing further screen clutter.

You've made the problem worse with your plugin, not better. I'm not being rude, I'm just addressing the facts and trying to understand why you thought this was a solution to the original problem.

I will see what I can do :p

Back