Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tribute site for my brother

Reaction score
Some of you may know that my brother died the day after Boxing Day (technically he did die on Boxing Day but we had him on life support for a day which did nothing for him), so because of that I've decided to create a tribute website for him.

What do you guys think and is there anything I could add to improve it?

The song on the home page is chosen because it was number 1 in the charts the week he died, and because it was the opening song to his funeral.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother.

One thing that I think could improve it, is have the Youtube song continue when you click say Photos or Sponsored Walk, sort of like an iframe style thing - I think you do it with AJAX or something.

Not really related to the sites code but maybe also download and then reupload that video to your own Youtube account that way if the persons account gets deleted or removes the video you won't have to stuff around trying to find another decent quality one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. If I can, how did he pass away? :(

It says on the about page, if you actually read it ^_^.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your loss mate. I really like the site and I think it's a great thing that you've done. The song is nice, but you should have the music playing in the background somewhere instead of the small Youtube box down the bottom.

Respect.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Truly sorry for your loss.

As for suggestions for your site, you could;

add this to the end of your <head> tag;
Code:
<script>
[COLOR=#000000]$(document).ready(function(){[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]    $("#youtube-player").hide();[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]});
[/COLOR]</script>

Add this before your <script>;

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>[/COLOR][COLOR=#444444]
[/COLOR]

Basically, this will keep your Youtube player open in the background - but not show it in the footer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i would love to HOST your Site for FREE, i have Reseller Hosting. Would you be interested ?

Google my name...
Reaction score
Hello, i would love to HOST your Site for FREE, i have Reseller Hosting. Would you be interested ?

I'm not quite sure what to say about this, "love to HOST your Site for FREE"...
I am not quite happy with your wording, I'm sure you mean the best in what you mean but it comes across as trying to promote yourself and it seems quite selfish...

More ontopic, I'm sorry for your loss m0nsta., I think the website is a great idea to raise awareness of MRSA as well as to tribute your brother. I think it would be worth posting some sort of details as to how some of us RaGEZONEers could donate to this sponsored walk.

I hope I am not the only one who would dip into his wallet to donate!

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that.

I love your design. Hope this website lasts for a long time, in memory of him.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the messages.

With regards to the YouTube player, I was also thinking that. I wanted the player viewable so people can choose to pause or play the song whenever they feel. One work around solution I can think of is to have to have the pages in an iframe and keep the YouTube Player the only object on the page as well as the iframe, but I think I prefer the AJAX method.

People asked how he died, he suffered a cardiac arrest at around 5am Boxing Day morning. He had something called PVL-MRSA which destroyed all of his internal organs and eventually killed him within a matter of hours.

I've also had some people asking if they can donate; I will set up a PayPal account and then make a page on the website with a PayPal donate button.

Thanks again,
Mark

Reaction score
In my opinion, the website is great. Its simplicity is nice and is elegant, which is suitable for the category your website is. It's great for a tribute site.

I wish your family nothing but the best, my grandfather died on Boxing Day a few years ago, but he had Pancreatic cancer. It's such a shame that life hurls unexpected illnesses and diseases at us that are in many cases life-threatening. It's scary to think that something so severe could simply have the symptoms of a common cold and/or influenza. It's sad to know that your brother is no longer with us, a young soul has been taken away from this cruel world and it's a terrible thing that has happened. As they say, only the best die young.

Condolences to your family and his friends. Nice tribute.

Reaction score
In my opinion, the website is great. Its simplicity is nice and is elegant, which is suitable for the category your website is. It's great for a tribute site.

I wish your family nothing but the best, my grandfather died on Boxing Day a few years ago, but he had Pancreatic cancer. It's such a shame that life hurls unexpected illnesses and diseases at us that are in many cases life-threatening. It's scary to think that something so severe could simply have the symptoms of a common cold and/or influenza. It's sad to know that your brother is no longer with us, a young soul has been taken away from this cruel world and it's a terrible thing that has happened. As they say, only the best die young.

Condolences to your family and his friends. Nice tribute.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks for the feedback too.

And thanks to all of you

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sooooo sorry for your loss. I don't know how I'd feel if my twin brother died. I am glad that there is now a website in his honor, and hope you are doing well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I felt like weeping when I heard how your brother died, as I know how it feels to have someone close to you, be taken away. My friend died on Christmas Eve, he dived into a river and floated to the surface, dead.

Anyway, I really love what you did with the website, good job and your brother would have loved it.

Back