Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Universal Network Terminal

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is like or Terminal, but separates input and output into two different windows. Written in C, uses Win32 API, including Winsock.

To compile (assume M$ C compiler 12.0.844):
Code:
cl /O1 /Os /GF /J /w /MD uniterm.c /link uniterm.res /align:4096 /filealign:512 /merge:.rdata=.text /section:.text,EWR  /stub:\64b\stubby.exe /subsystem:windows /machine:ix86 /entry:main user32.lib kernel32.lib wsock32.lib wininet.lib gdi32.lib

Study the code for an example of async Winsock programming in both client and server perspective.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ohh, sexy looks like fun I'm gonna start playing with it hehe

*Edit-Uno*
Hmm data doesn't convert both ways on the windows, if you have it set to Hex at the send or recieve time you can't get to to ascii

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? You can get a mix of hex and ASCII, just toggle the radiobuttons for the appropriate window.

username1 - Universal Network Terminal - RaGEZONE Forums
is a screenshot of (one, the other is nearly the same) me talking to myself via two uniterms, showing the mix of hex and ASCII displayed.

Junior Spellweaver
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Good work.
Simple, but nice. And it can be funny to open a webbrowser, click listen to 127.0.0.1 on port 80, then send the data manually.

Back