Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to get client/server packets from a game

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so i am trying make a server emulator i have learnt about packet sniffers,cracking tools and some about socket programming but i still didn't get how do you receive packets sent from client or server
the game i am trying to make it's server emulator is shutted down. :closedeyes:

example packet from a game (not the one i am trying to reverse engineering) :
turcoman - How to get client/server packets from a game - RaGEZONE Forums
#bimp

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
isn't someone going to answer? looks like i gotta find another forum

Reaction score
isn't someone going to answer? looks like i gotta find another forum

Nobody owes you anything. Many people (those who can) are spending time with their family and friends during this time of year and few are going to line up to assist you with that attitude.

Please try to be patient and polite.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nobody owes you anything. Many people (those who can) are spending time with their family and friends during this time of year and few are going to line up to assist you with that attitude.Please try to be patient and polite.
you talking like i don't and i am not acting aggressive after your post i am sure no one will answer thanks for that

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@turcoman The answer to your question is simple: you can't reverse engineer files you don't have and you can't sniff packets you can't send. You say the game servers are already down so you can't sniff those packets and you won't get past the login screen of the client without knowing what kind of packets the server sends back to the client in response to its login query. So unless you have server files or someone else has a running server that you can sniff packets from, you are out of luck. (atleast at your skill level: beginner)

Now if your question was in regards to socket programming and client/server networking itself, then you are in the wrong section. This section deals only with reversing already existing software. General programming questions should be posted in the main section of Coder's Paradise.

Back