How to get client/server packets from a game

MemberRank
    Dec 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

! How to get client/server packets from a game

How to get client/server packets from a game
    so i am trying make a server emulator i have learnt about packet sniffers,cracking tools and some about socket programming but i still didn't get how do you receive packets sent from client or server
    the game i am trying to make it's server emulator is shutted down.

example packet from a game (not the one i am trying to reverse engineering) : #bimp
    Last edited by turcoman; 26-12-20 at 06:09 PM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

Re: How to get client/server packets from a game

isn't someone going to answer? looks like i gotta find another forum

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,280Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turcoman View Post
    isn't someone going to answer? looks like i gotta find another forum
    Nobody owes you anything. Many people (those who can) are spending time with their family and friends during this time of year and few are going to line up to assist you with that attitude.

Please try to be patient and polite.
    IXXI

MemberRank
    Dec 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate View Post
    Nobody owes you anything. Many people (those who can) are spending time with their family and friends during this time of year and few are going to line up to assist you with that attitude.Please try to be patient and polite.
    you talking like i don't and i am not acting aggressive after your post i am sure no one will answer thanks for that

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    654Posts

@turcoman The answer to your question is simple: you can't reverse engineer files you don't have and you can't sniff packets you can't send. You say the game servers are already down so you can't sniff those packets and you won't get past the login screen of the client without knowing what kind of packets the server sends back to the client in response to its login query. So unless you have server files or someone else has a running server that you can sniff packets from, you are out of luck. (atleast at your skill level: beginner)

Now if your question was in regards to socket programming and client/server networking itself, then you are in the wrong section. This section deals only with reversing already existing software. General programming questions should be posted in the main section of Coder's Paradise.
    Happy Hacking!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."-Dr. Seuss

I don't want admiration. I want you to follow my example.
    The best way to bring moderator attention to a post is to use the report button (⚠️).

Like my releases or want to thank me? -> give me rep. (✶ at bottom left)
    For other displays of affection -> use the like button.
    Moderator of Trickster Online & f168
    RZ Dev

MemberRank
    Dec 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

Thank you so much for that decent answer :)

Advertisement