Clone wars adventures emulation

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Clone wars adventures emulation

Hey all! I was just curious if it was possible to emulate clone wars adventures with just its game client and reverse engineering its network protocols within the client's exe file to write a functional game server. The only packet logs I have are of free realms that was made by the same company(SOE/Daybreak), came out the same year, and ran off the same game engine.I understand that im probably going to be told to do this on my own but if anyone is interested in giving it a shot and/or give me advice you are more than welcome to just reply to this thread or dm me!Thank You!
    Last edited by mattmets; 24-02-18 at 06:08 PM.

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    41Posts

Re: Clone wars adventures emulation

It can be possible to emulate the client without any knowledge of the packets, it just means it'll take longer to do so. Upload the client or at least the binary files post it here and I'll have a look.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Sent you a dm

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,420Posts

Why sent a DM? Post here so everyone can look at it. It might increase your chances.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Not sure if admins would be ok with that though

SupervisorRank
    May 2006 Join Date
    AZ, USALocation
    3,552Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattmets View Post
    Not sure if admins would be ok with that though
    The whole idea of this forum is to develop and share information on games we like playing.

If you're implying that we wouldn't be okay with you demanding money for help, you'd be correct however :)

Sharing is caring
    I don't even know what I'm doing anymore

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Sorry I dont feel like getting a DMCA notice so I took all of this stuff down...
    Last edited by mattmets; 04-03-18 at 05:40 AM.

MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    38Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattmets View Post
    Hey all! I was just curious if it was possible to emulate clone wars adventures with just its game client and reverse engineering its network protocols within the client's exe file to write a functional game server. The only packet logs I have are of free realms that was made by the same company(SOE/Daybreak), came out the same year, and ran off the same game engine.I understand that im probably going to be told to do this on my own but if anyone is interested in giving it a shot and/or give me advice you are more than welcome to just reply to this thread or dm me!Thank You!
    Pretty much possible , we reverse all packets from just the client (other game). so good RE can do anything lol :)

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,420Posts

Lol you care about DMCA? Well, maybe thats because the country you live in... Me personally dont give a shout

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Oh cool! What game was it? I am guessing it was a huge pain since you wouldnt know the sequencing of packets because of no packet logs lol!

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

<just incase vistor message didn't work>hey man just wanted to let you know I got freddy on our dev server... was just curious how everything was going since I'm back at school atm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EDITz View Post
    It can be possible to emulate the client without any knowledge of the packets, it just means it'll take longer to do so. Upload the client or at least the binary files post it here and I'll have a look.
    message being quoted

Advertisement