Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Clone wars adventures emulation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all! I was just curious if it was possible to emulate clone wars adventures with just its game client and reverse engineering its network protocols within the client's exe file to write a functional game server. The only packet logs I have are of free realms that was made by the same company(SOE/Daybreak), came out the same year, and ran off the same game engine.I understand that im probably going to be told to do this on my own but if anyone is interested in giving it a shot and/or give me advice you are more than welcome to just reply to this thread or dm me!Thank You!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It can be possible to emulate the client without any knowledge of the packets, it just means it'll take longer to do so. Upload the client or at least the binary files post it here and I'll have a look.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure if admins would be ok with that though

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all! I was just curious if it was possible to emulate clone wars adventures with just its game client and reverse engineering its network protocols within the client's exe file to write a functional game server. The only packet logs I have are of free realms that was made by the same company(SOE/Daybreak), came out the same year, and ran off the same game engine.I understand that im probably going to be told to do this on my own but if anyone is interested in giving it a shot and/or give me advice you are more than welcome to just reply to this thread or dm me!Thank You!
Pretty much possible , we reverse all packets from just the client (other game). so good RE can do anything lol :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh cool! What game was it? I am guessing it was a huge pain since you wouldnt know the sequencing of packets because of no packet logs lol!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
<just incase vistor message didn't work>hey man just wanted to let you know I got freddy on our dev server... was just curious how everything was going since I'm back at school atm

It can be possible to emulate the client without any knowledge of the packets, it just means it'll take longer to do so. Upload the client or at least the binary files post it here and I'll have a look.

message being quoted

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm this game looks interesting from a quick Google. Anyway to get those client files? Or is there a progress underway to make something from this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Guys! There is one more packet I need to reverse to get the game functional! I was wondering if anyone could help me to finnish it... just need help on one packet read function and I am set! If anyone is interested please reply to this thread!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
He has shared the files with those who have asked or shown an interest in the project, in the previous posts he merely shared his reluctance to post them publicly.

Staff member
Reaction score
Give them to me and I'll post it publicly.. if he is afraid of DMCA lol.. I couldn't care less
But I might have interest in this project. Send me a PM and we can discuss it. Unless the emulator is coded in Java... lmao j/k

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you ever end up getting this to work? Also I'd be interested in getting a hold of the client files if you can send them over.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah pretty close just need to completely reverse one more packet before it totally works. Do you have reverse engineering experience specifically with IDA?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah sent some resources over to you feel free to add me on discord: mattmets#5419

Back