Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Decryption]Need suggestions for decrypting LUA files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been playing this new android game lately, and have tried accessing it's data files for data mining purposes. But all of it's main data files (all LUA's) seem to be encrypted.

Whenever the game boots up, it shows the message "Loading resource configuration files..", so it seems obvious that they are all being decrypted and loaded into memory, or at least I suppose probably so.

I'm in dire need of the info in these files though, so any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can and will provide further information upon request, as well.

Thanks,

Roachy

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
You could add some info about the android application that your trying to get data from or maybe show an example of the lua file than maybe people could help you out.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You can compile lua files so people can't read the source directly when they open the files.
They could have done that to prevent people from cracking/cheating. is a stackoverflow article.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could add some info about the android application that your trying to get data from or maybe show an example of the lua file than maybe people could help you out.
The game in question:

As for further information, there is only one LUA file that isn't encrypted, which is in the LUA root directory. So I do wonder if it has something to do with the decryption process. It's attached below, and is called: launcher.lua

View attachment launcher.zip

Also, I found where the files seem to be unpacked and read from as well. The only difference between them and the unpacked files from the APK itself, is that they have their MD5 hash included in the file name. I've included one of the encrypted files below. Also, all encrypted files contain a "KLER" header.

View attachment rune.zip

And just to be as specific as possible, normally it would be called "rune.lua", but with the MD5 hash included, would be "rune#5624c3688becc2254472e70b554273a2.lua".

You can compile lua files so people can't read the source directly when they open the files.
They could have done that to prevent people from cracking/cheating. is a stackoverflow article.
Thank you.

Although hmm, I didn't really take away much from that article, as it seemed to focus more on compiling all the LUA files into a single one, vs. encrypting them. Even though I'm sure doing such would have the same effect. Although if you feel I missed the point of the article, then please do elaborate some. I admit that even I miss things sometimes, and am the type to freely admit it when I do.

But either way, I'm sure you are correct as to why they are encrypted. This was actually the first game I'd ran into where the data files actually WERE. I was almost as glad about this, as I was frustrated by it, haha!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back