Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Open compressed files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello RageZone !

I would open files of one of my favorite MMO : Divina. So I tried to open them (.og_, .tg_, .ni_, ...) but that didn't work. I found a script in Perl code on a japanese forum to open .og_ files and convert them in .ogg files. The script works perfectly and I could listen (beautiful) Divina musics.
I tried to use this script to open .tg_ files, .ni_ files..., but it didn't work.

So I posted in a thread to ask if there are a way to open others files and how the .og_ to .ogg converter script works.
I understood, thanks to PaulXOXO, how this script works (use the uncompress function), but now, I can't open .tga and other...
I know i have to use dll but I didn't know how to =x

I give you the thread and a quote : http://forum.ragezone.com/f861/request-divina-mmorpg-impossible-files-1125930/?posted=1#post8755170

Thanks for the binaries.

The .tga (not .tg_) loading code is in NiMain11VC71.dll.
The whole .tga (not .tg_) file reading is in the function Ni____TGA_Reader::ReadFile.

For info, in NiMain11VC71.dll
there are also the functions :
Ni____BMP____Reader::ReadFile
Ni____DDS____Reader::ReadFile
Ni____NIF____ImageReader::ReadFile
Ni____SGI____Reader::ReadFile
Ni____TGA____Reader::ReadFile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But before reading the .tga,
the game uses a decompression
(ReadPlaycooGraphicBody -> CFilePacker::ReadBody -> Decompress)

In DataManager.dll
there is also for example this function : "CFilePacker::WriteTG_".

You need to look at the functions of DataManager.dll.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The TG_ header is not compressed,
the TG_ content is simply decompressed with the "Decompress" function (so without LzIDEA).

Uncompressed TGAs are 32 bits/pixel without RLE.

Yatsumi - [Help] Open compressed files - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Back