Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A newb getting started in Server Emulation - World of Tanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So, I've decided to start the trek in learning how to emulate a online server. My goal is to start talking to the client of World of Tanks.

I've been logging packets for the game, but I haven't the slightest idea on how to begin decrypting them. I've googled and read a bunch of stuff but non of it really pertains to what I'm trying to do. I'm sure the information barrier is due to the objective being a bit clandestine.

I've been lurching Ragezone for many many years now. This website seems to be somewhat of a central place of knowledge for most English based server emulation projects.

I'm a DevOps engineer by profession, so while I do have coding knowledge - I'm not at all proficient in writing it. And, as far as I know, reverse engineering skills are not common place in the corporate/industrial IT world.

So, on to it.

My first goal is to be able to log into the game and enter the garage. That's a huge milestone in my opinion and a great portion of getting the underlying game working.

I'm looking for someone to jump on-board with me with the skills to break into this. Someone that I can shadow and learn from. I'll be able to share my knowledge of infrastructure and server management also. I have access to generous amount of compute resources and bandwidth.

Once we break into this and I get a understanding of how this all works, I'll be able to contribute more and more to the actual code development.

This is definitely a challenge, but the rewards, I believe, will be well worth it.

I greatly appreciate your consideration and any guidance you all have to offer.

Kind Regards,

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been logging packets for the game, but I haven't the slightest idea on how to begin decrypting them.

Find and reverse engineer the code in the client that is responsible for decoding them

Back