Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

nProtect Game"Guard"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, I'm very new to Reverse Engineering, and I have no clue on how to bypass GameGaurd. I'm in need of help. Thing is, the client itself doesn't scan for hacks or anything, yet GameGaurd triggers while calling serveral functions, I want it gone completely.

You can get the client here (it's not packed) : removed)

I hope someone could help me out. I really need this done and I have no idea, and to be honest, I'm a noob in assembly. If you need to know the errors I'm getting, it says that the gamegaurd setup file is missing, and after bypassing that, it says it failed to start, and after bypassing that, I get a blank message, and I can't find a way around that.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's not that easy, you can't just bypass the loading of GameGuard, it should have some kind of online auth for make sure the anticheat is running.

If you want to bypass GG you either need to write an emulator for this auth (vary from game to game), or somehow make GG unable to "take control" of your machine ;)

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It depends on the implementation of the anti-cheat. If you fully want to remove it from the game (for a private server for example) then you've to find the initialization and remove it. I've done this for XignCode & Hackshield and both seem to be fully removed. I'm not a pro at reverse engineering but knowing the basics of assembly (ASM) will help you a lot.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Upload the current game guard revision you are trying to bypass. I doubt it's game guard checking if functions are being called, I think there just might be a return address check inside the functions themselves. You won't be able to edit these because game guard performs a hash check on the .text section preventing users from altering any instructions. Likewise, the game guard client performs an authentication with the server to make sure the client is running. This authentication from when I last messed around with game guard, is done every 10 minutes. Game guard libraries do export the initialisation function which games call usually in their entry point. If you load the libs yourself, you can search the symbol names for the initialisation function. You can prevent game guard from starting by either hooking the game guard initialisation function or suspending your game process before it calls game guard. You can then edit the instruction out to prevent the launch. Still you'll have 10 minutes to test your function calls.

Back