Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reverse Engineering game server

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know much about reverse engineer. So I want to ask if I have a gameserver bin file(the file to run game server, ex: GameServer.exe). But it is missing configuration files (xml, ini files).
Could reverse engineering be debugging the bin file and rewrite the config files?

Thanks

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Stating the obvious here, yes, if the program doesn't fetch the information you want live from somewhere else, it's contained either in the executable or in some other local file that the executable is able to read.

I don't believe this is exactly what you wanted to hear though. What do you want to do?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Stating the obvious here, yes, if the program doesn't fetch the information you want live from somewhere else, it's contained either in the executable or in some other local file that the executable is able to read.

I don't believe this is exactly what you wanted to hear though. What do you want to do?
Thank you for your reply. I have a server files and it's missing config files, so I just want to ask the people here who have experienced in Reverse Engineering to get that answer. So I think it's possible. And I'm considering to hire a freelancer to do that.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
And how did you know that its missing config files? you should just tell us what server files you want to fix/edit/hijack/inject etc etc...

also, are there any error messages?
It missed .ini files, the files define the way to communicate between other services(port, ip, server settings etc). Just look on files and test it on VM(linux), I do not have skill on reverse engineering.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what game? or what files? is it possible to share them in http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/ ?

Generally speaking... most files will show error messages, you can accomplish a lot with reading error messages and acting on it. some messages will show exactly what is missing and where..

you can always learn on your own... learn basic assembly, learn how to dump programs, use ollydbg to read from dump, learn how to unpack etc etc...

Back