Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reversing Pioneer Smart Sync app

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently bought a pioneer multimedia receiver and tried their app. It is indeed a complete interface for your radio, it lets you control the entire thing over the smartphone. But I find some annoying things when changing the music from the app for example. When I search for a folder, go inside and select any file, when I come back to the music selection, it shows the root directory, not the last folder it was in... This is kinda annoying for me so I thought...

Why won't I try to see what the packets sent over bluetooth looks like and I then try to make my own app just for selecting music, with my own custom configs, etc...?

Then I tried switching my mobile phone to log bluetooth packets, from the developer menu. I just tried everything, it just won't work. I even edited the bt_stack.conf to force the bt log option to true but it just wont work. Forgot to mention, neither my desktop/notebook has bluetooth connections :(: sad but true..

So, into further research I tried decompiling the apk itself to see if I can catch anything, but no success so far. I'm not very used to decompiling APK's so the progress might be slow :lol:

If anyone is willing to help me, even if by trying to log the bluetooth packets and sending to me (if you own such pioneer device) would help or even trying to decompile the APK and pointing me into the right direction.

Official download links:

---- Edit ----

Packet opcodes -> jp.pioneer.carsync.infrastructure.crp.IncomingPacketIdType
Packet builder class -> jp.pioneer.carsync.infrastructure.crp.OutgoingPacketBuilder
CarDeviceConnection (maybe the class that handles connection with the car?) -> jp.pioneer.carsync.infrastructure.crp.CarDeviceConnection

Really hard for me to figure out what is happening without some actual log of sent/received packets. If anyone knows another solution to sniff bluetooth packets with only the smartphone would be nice.

Last edited:
Back