Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking to Develop Private Server for FreeStyle Street Basketball 1

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The North American version of this game closed down a few years ago (I believe in 2014, there is still a Taiwanese server up I believe) and I was a huge fan of it. I am engineering student with programming experience, but I have minimal database experience(took an introductory database course). This is the only MMO I have ever played and I do not have any experience in private servers whatsoever. I'm looking to try and see if I can open a private server for this game and I would appreciate any help or guidance that anyone here can offer.

I've done some Googling about opening a private server for a game but nothing has come of it. I've also looked into what already exists in terms of progress for private servers for FreeStyle, but there is not much for me to work with.

I know the game still has other servers up, but the user interface is in another language.

---

What would be the first steps to go about doing this?
Would it be best to try and develop the private server using the North American game files or the game in another language?

Back