Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Marvel Heroes?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
With the game just being taken down, does anyone have files or a project started?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess many of us still have the client. Wonder which is harder to do a standalone game or a private server...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yep same here, can't wait to see if someone makes anything out of it..there are no recent good marvel game to play anyway :\

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This is the closest thing I've seen to any marvel heroes emulator. Even then I can't find it nor can I find the warframe emulator they reference in it. Granted this was from 6 years ago. So neither may exist, but it might be as close as we can get if it actually existed and still exists.

If anyone knows of a warframe emulator that might be the best lead to get on this. Which in turn may get us on track to a marvel heroes emulator. On the other hand this person may be full of it. And on another it just may not exist anymore.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is the closest thing I've seen to any marvel heroes emulator. Even then I can't find it nor can I find the warframe emulator they reference in it. Granted this was from 6 years ago. So neither may exist, but it might be as close as we can get if it actually existed and still exists.

If anyone knows of a warframe emulator that might be the best lead to get on this. Which in turn may get us on track to a marvel heroes emulator. On the other hand this person may be full of it. And on another it just may not exist anymore.

Well such a shame though. It was the latest good marvel game we had lately. and with Ultimate alliance 3 being a goddamned switch exclusive, we need this more than ever

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Something I've been discussing with someone else is that a particular Gaz employee that was not there in the end but was very valued to most, said that about a year ago the files were still available and someone could access an unpublished test center build. Who that someone is I have no idea, maybe it could even be us. The reason I say that is this

wQEH8j0 - Marvel Heroes? - RaGEZONE Forums

This is from

This is pure speculation, perhaps one of these branches have something that can help the revival of the game. I don't know exactly what is hidden behind these branches. I know you can download old depots via manifests. The problem is these branches have passwords locked on them. So without the password we can never know.

If anyone has experience in this please feel free to PM me, and we can work together on this.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unsure if this is useful at all, would anyone be able to take a look at these files and see if it'll help in the effort to bring Marvel Heroes back?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unsure if this is useful at all, would anyone be able to take a look at these files and see if it'll help in the effort to bring Marvel Heroes back?

welp that looks like the SDK for an "unknowen" version, which may or may not be for the game.
for something like that to be useful you would need the client that it was designed for, and likely the .lib files for it lol. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a private server for this yet in actuality at this point.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been tinkering around with this game, and I have made some progress.

As mentioned in this thread, you can download almost any old build of the client all the way to the May 2013 open beta from Steam via manifests. Some of them, especially older ones, have some debug features enabled, such as verbose logging.

You can launch any build by running the main executable with the -solidstate -nobitraider -nosteam arguments (older builds from before BitRaider was removed don't need the -solidstate argument). Older builds also require a SiteConfig.xml file to run which used to be requested from the CDN, but the request can be redirected by editing ClientConfig.xml file or using the -siteconfigurl=url argument.

SiteConfig.xml follows the same syntax as ClientConfig.xml and you can get all the possible fields for a given version from a memory dump. The most interesting one is AuthServerAddress, which is exactly what the name implies.

When you press the log in button, the client sends an HTTP GET request to the specified AuthServerAddress over https/port 443. I've been able to redirect this request to my local "server", but now the main question is what kind of response the client expects.

After digging around I've discovered that the game uses protobufs for communication. Having figured out that, I've been able to extract .proto schemas from the main executable using , and then use them to generate a library using the protogen tool from , similar to how Diablo 3 server emulators do it.

According to client logs, it appears the game expects an AuthTicket message in response to the initial request, however simply sending a built protobuf message in a buffer, expectedly, doesn't seem to work. It appears the game uses some kind of custom binary header for its messages, which should include information such as message size. I've been poking the executable with IDA to try to figure out what exactly it expects, but, to be honest, I'm not very good at it and haven't had much luck so far.

Any dumps / info / wisdom you might have is most appreciated.

--

Quick update: I've figured the message header. Turns out it was just two bytes (0x0 followed by protobuf size as uint8). Now I've reached the client actually attempting to connect to a so called frontend server that actually handles account data and authorization.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been able to further communicate with the client, however it has been extremely difficult and time-consuming due to a lack of packet dumps.

Some screenshots:
mh1 - Marvel Heroes? - RaGEZONE Forums

mh2 - Marvel Heroes? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back