Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Software for encrypting

Reaction score
Hello there.
Currently I am working on a mmorpg game.
All files in the client can be viewer and edited. Everything is server-side but the items,models and so on is in the client. So I need to protect them

I tryed some softwares but when they encrypt the files the exe program cant work with them anymore.

So guys, Do you have any idea what I can do ?
What software to choose ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
protect what ?
if protect a Bin file (*.exe, *.dll, *.dat) you can use Themida, protector, winlicense ...
if protect a Text file like (*.txt, *.cfg, *.xyzabc ...) you need to find out that the bin files calling which dll, write that dll force the bin files hook ur dll with decrypt ... encrypted text file configuration.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
write your own encryption/decryption code
and atleast compile your .lua files to .luc, there isn't any software wich decompiles it 100% as far as I know

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The files are .ini
.xml
.lua

That's clear.
if you have the game source code will be a lot of easy.
without game source , you could google learn this trick:
Code:
if protect a Text file like (*.txt, *.cfg, *.xyzabc ...) you need to find out that the bin files calling which dll, write that dll force the bin files hook ur dll with decrypt ... encrypted text file configuration.

Back