Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] modular construction system

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm here to talk about construction possibilities in dayZ Standalone.
I have an idea on how to make it, and it involves also rscDialogs commands.

The main thing to be focused on is the sustainability by the server:
keep in mind that these constructions must be saved into databse to be reloaded on server crash/restart.

Anody has ever thought on this module for DayZ Standalone?
I think it's possible to be done, even if difficult.
Tell me your ideas about it.
I don't need comments like "How can I save objects?", or "How to use this command instead of this one?".
I would like to talk with already experienced C++ and ArmA scripting language devs with which there is no need to make full explanation on how a command work instead of another one.
Obviously I'm referring to a system like this one:

This is ArmA3 iBuild Modular system by NerdMod Project (very talented devs btw)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
DayZ SA Engine is a big piece of poop , it even has disabled trigger system , only one normal version of dayz is pre alpha 0.15 , but to make it playable for people it will need many work , you need many exe modifications for making this (sry for bad english)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
DayZ SA Engine is a big piece of poop , it even has disabled trigger system , only one normal version of dayz is pre alpha 0.15 , but to make it playable for people it will need many work , you need many exe modifications for making this (sry for bad english)

Ok you mean edit the source code to make it more fluid right?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Modular building in DayZ SA is not easy as the requested basis as not been yet integrated in the development branch.
In my opinion it could be easier to use base building systems (easyly shift from wasteland or arma 2 released).

Modular building in Epoch Arma 3 (for example) is very complex and can't be adapted to dayz as the basis is very different from one game to another...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Modular building (construction) is now released
screenshots:

so players can extract resources for construction, and then they can build their bases (with saves).
in general, it reminds arma 2 epoch

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Modular building (construction) is now released on strikearena
screenshots:

so players can extract resources for construction, and then they can build their bases (with saves).also it includes tent and car saves, helicopters with fixed rotor and sound sync etc:8:
in general, it reminds arma 2 epoch

How long have they had this?!

Assuming the source hasn't been released?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 mounth.
no, We do not publish our developments. I just shows that if you want, you can do anything.

LinkerSplit - [Discussion] modular construction system - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
after the test: no problems when using 1500+ saved modular items on server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 mounth.
no, We do not publish our developments. I just shows that if you want, you can do anything.

LinkerSplit - [Discussion] modular construction system - RaGEZONE Forums

Such a shame we have talented people like this but they are not willing to free share their work with the Community. They would really get real respect if it was shared, Hopefully they will reconsider and contribute to the Global DayZ Modding Community. Better Late than Never....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Certainly don't want, because many projects steal their development, issue as their own and earn money on it. Who is pleased with such treatment with the result of their work?..
But such people are always open to cooperation.

Sorry for my English.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes that's a shame also. Talented people like you don't get the credit that you deserve for your work because of these thieves/script kiddies that want to steal to make money off work such as yours, I understand completely. If you make your work known for months so everyone knows for fact that its your works I'm sure the community will back you, for sure I know I will.
The DayZ devs are Ducking about so much with superficial crap in the game that the talked additions to the game seem like another 4yrs away, still no snow, helicopters, bikes etc.. Compared to the versions here on ragezone where the community actively tests and gives feedback on published works on a free basis its come quite far for an old source code edition, In any case its good progression for the modding aspect of the game. Good luck with your advancements.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Similar people and projects - the main problem of the dayz development (probably, not official, I'm not interested in 0.60 exes, i like classical DayZ with mods like modular constructions, trade system etc).When one person does something new, a tenth is waiting to steal it. As a result, there's nowhere to test new features.For example, I have 5 people on my server, although at least 3 projects use stolen files and earn money. :thumbdown:
Periodically demand to give them all new features, but no one offers to cooperate. In the end, progress is very slow.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have your basebuilding and baseparts. Easy to
deobfuskate :D:

Back