Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Warning Scammers Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The Administration please does not delete this post, or move to another topic :(
Wrote to me on the forum account, Vey Screenshot attached Безымянный - Warning Scammers Warning - RaGEZONE Forums
He invited me to Skype, Detox !fraudster! And he began to speak about the assembly Dayz!
He said that there is an updated Dayz for $ 25 ....
Then I spread the correspondence of Skype and its data > adsdadsa - Warning Scammers Warning - RaGEZONE Forums dddddddddd - Warning Scammers Warning - RaGEZONE Forums
He earned $ 14 with me, and blocked Skype, and Vey accomplice does not respond to forum
1111111 - Warning Scammers Warning - RaGEZONE Forums
The money will not be returned to PayPal!!!
View attachment Scammer.txt

Good news, I explained the situation and they PayPal money back. I hope Dexos block in the system!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
sad to say the guy you talking about was not online anymore check "Vey" he don't have some post better to learn yourself and not deal not legit user

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good news, I explained the situation and they PayPal money back. I hope Dexos block in the system!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
haha i trick by him too but i not send him money @.@ he said he had new save system and 0.61 server file and when i want him give pic he gave me 0.59 server file lol .he ask me 50usd for that @.@

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
haha i trick by him too but i not send him money @.@ he said he had new save system and 0.61 server file and when i want him give pic he gave me 0.59 server file lol .he ask me 50usd for that @.@

It seems to be just one scammer, fucker tried to charge me 60$ for an unsigned .exe for .60 before it came out.. Ban this Ducking trash
Destuss - Warning Scammers Warning - RaGEZONE Forums

Destuss - Warning Scammers Warning - RaGEZONE Forums

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Good news, @Vey was banned a few days ago. Deetox has nothing to do with this. You messed-up by adding him on Skype even if the site clearly states in the rules to NOT buy server files from anyone, it's your own fault. This includes Skype. I hope you learned a lesson.

Edit: This was also announced here.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Same guy who sent me an message on Skype saying that he's selling the whole Arcturus source whilst Arcturus is open-sourced.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sad that people are trying to monetize creativity, please no one fall for this guy and his scams.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Totally agreeing with you here. This guy is ruining it for the people who want to be took seriously.
Even then, you should never monetize something like this, all it is doing is causing them to be selfish and hiding knowledge so other modders can't expand and work, it holds the whole community of modders back and prevents amazing releases from being created.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Try asking for a paypal payment reversal, if paypal detects any unusual activity on the scammer's account, then there is a high probability that you might get your money back. If the scammer has already moved the money somewhere else, there's also a high probability that the scammer's paypal balance will become negative, and that his account is seized.

OR, if you have used a credit card for the payment, OR if you have a credit card linked to your paypal account - just call your CC issuer/bank and tell them that it was an unauthorized transaction - that works almost always, even with legitimate transactions. (Sad but true)

And honestly, don't purchase files, there are so many good releases here.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The person should be banned from PayPal as well as on RageZONE.

I wish there was a way to fix this other than not to buy things from buyers that are not known in RageZONE.

Even a well-known-person could do this and the person who did it in this case could come back easily and do this over.

So we have to figure out a fix.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I wish there was a way to fix this other than not to buy things from buyers that are not known in RageZONE.

Even a well-known-person could do this and the person who did it in this case could come back easily and do this over.

I belive banning the sales of server files is a good idea, these should be free for everyone, we are a community that helps eachother build off of another, making people pay to build for our community and enjoy? That's not right to me. But on the other side, many people want money for their work. So it's a hard topic.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I belive banning the sales of server files is a good idea, these should be free for everyone, we are a community that helps eachother build off of another, making people pay to build for our community and enjoy? That's not right to me. But on the other side, many people want money for their work. So it's a hard topic.

The last time I've checked, RaGEZONE doesn't allow any kind of sales at all, with the exception of the MU Online section, and the Merchant Zone - where trades/sales are properly moderated.

These scammers are different though, since they lure the users into private messages and/or directly into skype.

Scammers get banned here on RaGEZONE as soon as they are detected, or when the staff team has a strong suspicion.

RaGEZONE has already warned about these type of scammers, as @CodeDragon indicated on his post.

As for Paypal, it's not that hard to shutdown an account, just send Paypal all the information you have regarding an account, and is most cases, the accounts are closed and refunds/reversals happen :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes Definitely Keep ALL Updated Server Files and Clients + any Mods, Save Systems etc.. FREE... Keeping them for yourselves and charging money for gear load outs on your server is not being a part of the DayZ Modding Community at all, Its selfish, Same as telling everyone you have a server and not releasing the server files, If your not free sharing we don't want to know about it. Always Be Aware of the Scam Artists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back