Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ 0.46 (any older vers besides 0.60/0.61) how to switch maps?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So I have a few old map files that worked for older standalone versions (Namalsk, Tavi etc) I saved them from an old cracked client I used to play on since those maps were in the files, so recently I had decided to get Namalsk into my main server because why not? However I lie at an issue that I hope someone has some experience with.

The error:
0.28: I spawn under the map, zombies are above and despite changing chords I stay under
Arena0.60 survival: I end up in a blank abyss, no commands work, I cannot move and the world is blank

Any ideas?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which of the maps do you have? The current ones I have for Standalone are Utes, Taviana, And Namalsk, Im lookin' for some more, if you have got any!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Which of the maps do you have? The current ones I have for Standalone are Utes, Taviana, And Namalsk, Im lookin' for some more, if you have got any!

I have the exact same that you do my friend, missing utes but otherwise, well.. Got a winter chernarus I believe too, any idea how to get these damn things working with arenas server files? Either get thrown out in the ocean despite setting custom chords in the editor that I placed on the map or have my game a blank slate once loading in (nothing works whatsoever etc etc)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have the exact same that you do my friend, missing utes but otherwise, well.. Got a winter chernarus I believe too, any idea how to get these damn things working with arenas server files? Either get thrown out in the ocean despite setting custom chords in the editor that I placed on the map or have my game a blank slate once loading in (nothing works whatsoever etc etc)
You will need just the snow files, there should be some plants clutter, plants trees, etc. I'll give you my map, it snows as well but it's a special setting which can only be enabled with DayZ SiB's Custom UI they have setup, or you can go through the configs and change it there. I'll give you myn as soon as it is done uploading

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You will need just the snow files, there should be some plants clutter, plants trees, etc. I'll give you my map, it snows as well but it's a special setting which can only be enabled with DayZ SiB's Custom UI they have setup, or you can go through the configs and change it there. I'll give you myn as soon as it is done uploading

I have similar, and thanks but for Namalsk, thats the case? Or

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For Namalsk, yes. Instead of the original ArmA 2 map files, they will be replaced by standalone pbos for building's grass. So either load those PBOS as a mod, or replace them in the addons folder. So.. If you were to load Namalsk -mod=@Namalsk (or whatever the mod name is) <--- That is a launch parameter, so put all the pbos into a new folder name it whatever you'd like, Add the launch parameter to the .bat file used to start DayZ ArenA's Client and add in the launch parameter I provided, Make sure all pbos from the namalsk map are inside of your mod folder.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For Namalsk, yes. Instead of the original ArmA 2 map files, they will be replaced by standalone pbos for building's grass. So either load those PBOS as a mod, or replace them in the addons folder. So.. If you were to load Namalsk -mod=@Namalsk (or whatever the mod name is) <--- That is a launch parameter, so put all the pbos into a new folder name it whatever you'd like, Add the launch parameter to the .bat file used to start DayZ ArenA's Client and add in the launch parameter I provided, Make sure all pbos from the namalsk map are inside of your mod folder.

I have just been replacing because I have a backup, If I use the server_data.pbo that comes with that mod, getting in a server is just blank, cant do anything but chat and see water, if I use my own severdata.pbo then I just get thrown out in the ocean despite setting spawn chords in the editor, rather irritating.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have just been replacing because I have a backup, If I use the server_data.pbo that comes with that mod, getting in a server is just blank, cant do anything but chat and see water, if I use my own severdata.pbo then I just get thrown out in the ocean despite setting spawn chords in the editor, rather irritating.
I don't think you are required to use server data, use your own, Load the rest of the files as a modification, put the map files into a folder(without serverdata.pbo) name it something like namalsk or whatever map you're doing @Utes taviana Put the corresponding mod files into the folders, and depending on whatever map you're playing launch it as a mod -mod taviana or The others. To launch it as a mod, add it to the launch parameters of the exe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't think you are required to use server data, use your own, Load the rest of the files as a modification, put the map files into a folder(without serverdata.pbo) name it something like @namalsk or whatever map you're doing @Utes @taviana Put the corresponding mod files into the folders, and depending on whatever map you're playing launch it as a mod -mod @taviana or The others. To launch it as a mod, add it to the launch parameters of the exe

Been doing evertyhing minus add it as @namalsk and launch it via paramaters, going to try but with Tavi, shall report back.

Tavi works almost flawlessly.. How odd

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Best way - create pseudo maps based and named chernarusplus and add as mods. also you can add original new map and change name of mission. This method is used in arma.
For example mission "DayZ_Auto.ChernarusPlus" rename to "DayZ_Auto.Namalsk" to switch map. Don't forget to change the mission name in config.cfg.

Last edited:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have have chenarus-59.wrp/data though it loads in arma 3, it crashes .28-.45 dayz, and I've been using chenarus-58.wrp.
I'm fiddling with the source trying to make v.59 work though it will likely take someone more experienced than me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have have chenarus-59.wrp/data though it loads in arma 3, it crashes .28-.45 dayz, and I've been using chenarus-58.wrp.
I'm fiddling with the source trying to make v.59 work though it will likely take someone more experienced than me.

It wasn't so difficult. Bohemia once again used a piece of code from ArmA3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Best i understand theres an object outside the map, maybe they extended the grid size, was the arma3 source leaked?

Back