Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to turn on the gas zone?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to try to implement clan protection through the gas zone, but I can not turn it on.I tried to turn on the gas zone through init, but the game does not see these scripts.
If I can implement the clan protection through the gas zone, I will definitely post a way here, thank you in advance.
P.S.
I do not write in English well, sorry ^_^

init
//Infected Zone
startGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startGas.sqf";
stopGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\stopGas.sqf";
startBlood = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startBlood.sqf";
startPoison = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startPoison.sqf";

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I want to try to implement clan protection through the gas zone, but I can not turn it on.I tried to turn on the gas zone through init, but the game does not see these scripts.
If I can implement the clan protection through the gas zone, I will definitely post a way here, thank you in advance.
P.S.
I do not write in English well, sorry ^_^

init
//Infected Zone
startGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startGas.sqf";
stopGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\stopGas.sqf";
startBlood = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startBlood.sqf";
startPoison = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startPoison.sqf";

You're not starting your scripts with exec vm? Good script by the way. Been looking for it for ages, are the other scripts calling eachother in the code?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My English is not enough to understand the full meaning of your sarcasm :mellow:Can you show how to turn on the gaszones and where are the coordinates of the length and width of the zone?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My English is not enough to understand the full meaning of your sarcasm :mellow:Can you show how to turn on the gaszones and where are the coordinates of the length and width of the zone?

Did not mean any sarcasm. But I don't have the script therefore cannot tell how it's activated. Your init.sqf looks fine, if the files are all where they're being called to.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did not mean any sarcasm. But I don't have the script therefore cannot tell how it's activated. Your init.sqf looks fine, if the files are all where they're being called to.

I now can not even understand through what init it is necessary to include a script.Before that, I wrote a script that returned loot to military "jail" and connected it through the init, in the folder dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus, I tried to call gaszone through it, but it did not work.
Then tried to call through, which is in the scripts folder, but nothing happened either

Init - dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus
Init1 - scripst.

I also need to find out where the lengths and widths of the gaszone are written

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I now can not even understand through what init it is necessary to include a script.Before that, I wrote a script that returned loot to military "jail" and connected it through the init, in the folder dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus, I tried to call gaszone through it, but it did not work.
Then tried to call through, which is in the scripts folder, but nothing happened either

Init - dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus
Init1 - scripst.

I also need to find out where the lengths and widths of the gaszone are written

Your config does look a bit weird but otherwise normal (never heard of people calling scripts in standalone via the functions calling init file. Otherwise your scripts should be perfectly fine. Did you try moving

//Infected ZonestartGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startGas.sqf"; stopGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\stopGas.sqf"; startBlood = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startBlood.sqf";startPoison = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startPoison.sqf";call startGas;call stopGas;call startBlood;call startPoison;

Into your other init.sqf? And did you try removing the

call startGas;call stopGas;call startBlood;call startPoison;

Lines? Im not the best with code. But I generally don't see new scripts called there :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your config does look a bit weird but otherwise normal (never heard of people calling scripts in standalone via the functions calling init file. Otherwise your scripts should be perfectly fine. Did you try moving

//Infected ZonestartGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startGas.sqf"; stopGas = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\stopGas.sqf"; startBlood = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startBlood.sqf";startPoison = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\gaszone\scripts\functions\startPoison.sqf";call startGas;call stopGas;call startBlood;call startPoison;

Into your other init.sqf? And did you try removing the

call startGas;call stopGas;call startBlood;call startPoison;

Lines? Im not the best with code. But I generally don't see new scripts called there :)

well, I understood that I was doing something wrong.
It might be easier for you to simply step-by-step show how to turn on the zone?

And I still have not found where the sizes of zons are written :(
Thanks for answer in any way.

Just because of poor knowledge of English, I do not understand well, what you advise me is

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well, I understood that I was doing something wrong.
It might be easier for you to simply step-by-step show how to turn on the zone?

And I still have not found where the sizes of zons are written :(
Thanks for answer in any way.

Just because of poor knowledge of English, I do not understand well, what you advise me is

Your calling it fine. I cannot help you unless I know how the other scripts work. It's an error in your script itself.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There is no error. I have this scripts too. I solved problem with loading this scripts. But i don't know how to use\activate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is no error. I have this scripts too. I solved problem with loading this scripts. But i don't know how to use\activate.
maybe need cteate position in game map with activate trigers to activate and deactivate this gas zones?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, i think like you too. But how? I don't know. Can you help us?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, i think like you too. But how? I don't know. Can you help us?

try check for each players distanse to selected point and if player in low distance next activate gaszone script

Back