Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Throwing objects

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A some peoples exe's you can throw items ingame, some you can't, and with the stock source compiled I cannot throw objects.
I can't find any tutorial for this, I see all the references to throwing objects in the source, but was wondering if someone could tell me how to fix this bug.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
old engine hasn't new throw system. the only correct way is the script. then this will work just fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I remember arma2, but I also see many have added throwing into the engine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
engine - this way cant support throwing two-handed items like weapons, melee etc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can throw 2 handed items with custom executable, rifles/ 2 hand melee

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay. Besides this, script allows you to customize both the strength and the vector individually by class of objects by their weight and add effects such as damage to fragile objects after throwing
970 - Throwing objects - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have such a script? It's been a pain having to use someone else's .exe it has awesome throwing physics, but the usual kickbacks/bugs/quirks you can't touch without the ability to compile.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it is necessary to make in exe a script command, giving impulse to object. this works on server side, so it requires "addPublicVariableEventHandler"-based script.
this is individual for each assembly.

Since it uses a vector, you can make t based on the setVelocity and called setImpulse.
c++ code:
item->ItemDropPhysicaly(dir, force);

Back