Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ 0.59 StrikeArena server files setup tutorial!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Update: For purposes of moving onto different projects/not knowing much about legacy DayZ I am not providing support outside of what is listed below. I am sorry in advance.

STRIKE ARENAS FILES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!
http://forum.ragezone.com/f866/releases-dayz-standalone-server-client-1140820/
Anything covered on my thread can be found here ^ DO NOT ASK
"How find client"
"How find server"
"How fix"

"Where are my launch options"

"How to use Royale2 (IM NOT OFFERING SUPPORT ON THIS SERVER)"

This is uneeded spam and makes you look simple for not being able to click a thread post.
Sections: (You can press F3 and search for these titles)
Starting your server/Getting it functional

Running on other maps
Admin menu/disabling automatic server restarts etc

Starting your hive

Starting/Playing on your server

For starters, download the 0.59 client, hive and the server of your choice
We'll be using the survival server for this tutorial (BUT IT'S THE SAME FOR ALL SERVERS UP UNTIL LAUNCH OPTIONS :) )

1. Extract your client files and server files

2. Drag your ADDONS, @dayzdevru and Mods folders from your client to your server, wait for it to transfer

3. NOW WE MAKE OUR BATCH FILE!

4. Open notepad and put the following code in there

5.Save it as a .bat file
Running on other maps:
NOTES ON YOUR STARTSERVER.BAT!!!!
DIFFERENT SERVERS HAVE DIFFERENT EXE NAMES, ALWAYS CHECK THIS!!!
DIFFERENT SERVERS USE DIFFERENT MODS!!!
(If you're using tavi for example change your .exe name in the .bat and go to the end where it says -mod=Mods\Maps\Core;Maps
Then add Taviana, making it look like
-mod=Mods\Maps\Core;Maps\Tavi

(In other words just be sure to add your mods to your server.bat)

You're set!

Admin menu/disabling automatic server restarts etc:

1. By default the server will shut off every 4 hours, to disable this we go to your root of your server folder and go into your modulesDayZ, in there search for fnc_closeServer.sqf, open it and DELETE EVERYTHING! (do this only if you do not want auto shut offs/restarts)

How to be an admin/Open the backspace menu and do all the commands
Open admins_UID.hpp and add your id to the list of admins, you can get your id by joining your server once and finding out what it is in the server (should say player connected= then their Id, usually starts with 7)

There's also something about teleportation, peep around in there and find something to do with uids, it's not too needed, we did the essentials.

Starting your hive:
To get our hive working you need a few things!
The hive (duh)
MySQL or another form of SQL (I don't offer support on other tools besides MYSQL and Xammp)
Xammp
Node.exe (this comes with the hive)

Instructions:
Go to your DayZHive59 folder and run the node setup, set it to install in your DayZHive59 folder, once it's done make sure to drag your node_modules folder from DayZHive59 into your one Node just made, if you only have one and node.exe is now in that folder (making sure it's installed there) you are good!

Now open your server.js and edit that to what you want your SQL DB to be,
Mine is

host: localhost
user: root
pass: (this is your MySQL password, if you don't have one set then leave it blank!)
database: this is what you're going to put your dayzjava_backup.sql file into, so set it to dayz.

Now open Xammp or whatever else you use, make sure it's running then open MYSQL

Create or open a mysql connection, make sure this info matches up to your server.js!

DerpADoge - DayZ 0.59 StrikeArena server files setup tutorial! - RaGEZONE Forums

Create a new schema, if you don't know how do this ^

Now, once you have your schema created, head over to your newly created one and double click it so it goes bold, like how dayzjava_backup is above!

Once you're highlighting your schema/dayzjava_backup or whatever you named yours, (once more, double click it twice! To highlight!)

Drag your dayzjava_backup.sql in and click the lighting bolt (photo instructions below)
DerpADoge - DayZ 0.59 StrikeArena server files setup tutorial! - RaGEZONE Forums

If you get a few errors just click the lighting bolt once or twice, won't harm anything (DONT DO THIS AFTER SETTING UP YOUR SERVER! ONLY ON FIRST SETUP!!)

You can close mysql but leave xammp on, you need it on for your server to save.

Now head over to your server folder, go to MpMissions then init.sqf, do this;

And you're done!! :D

Starting/Playing on your server:
This is the best part, finally playing!

Steps to join:
Make sure Xammp is on and running
Go to your hive folder and run the run.bat
Go to your server folder and run your runserver.bat (or whatever you named it)
Wait until the server says mission read
Now go to your client and create some .bat files to auto connect to your servers (wont work otherwise, no server browser)
Here's my startclient.bat!

(If using namalsk or other map mod make sure to adjust your mods parameters to this just like the server!)

You should now be autoconnected, press backspace or press / and type /hint to see commands, have fun!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it is just me stupid but I really can't seem to get the same poop in the MySQL Workbench like you... I dont know what to do with XAMMP and what do you mean to "Create or open a mysql connection, make sure this info matches up to your server.js!" If you are willing to help I am glad.. If not I understand I am an idiot haha. :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how parameters need to start game and connect to server from client game to server and how parameters server to Royal2?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how parameters need to start game and connect to server from client game to server and how parameters server to Royal2?

You can't connect without them, there's no play or change server buttons and royale is the same as survival.

I think it is just me stupid but I really can't seem to get the same poop in the MySQL Workbench like you... I dont know what to do with XAMMP and what do you mean to "Create or open a mysql connection, make sure this info matches up to your server.js!" If you are willing to help I am glad.. If not I understand I am an idiot haha. :D

Is your XAMMP running and do you have

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can't connect without them, there's no play or change server buttons and royale is the same as survival.

No, I cant get mySQL service running because of some error, I found out it is most likely because of some port problems. I dont really know where to fix those so.. yeah duck that I am out haha

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, I cant get mySQL service running because of some error, I found out it is most likely because of some port problems. I dont really know where to fix those so.. yeah duck that I am out haha

Ah, sorry to hear, id help you out if I could work better with MySQL and XAMMP but that's unfortunately something I don't know very well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
don't understand you. How parameters start server for Royal2? I try start him with survival parameters, but i have blue screen when i try connect to him

use navicat ;)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
don't understand you. How parameters start server for Royal2? I try start him with survival parameters, but i have blue screen when i try connect to him

use navicat ;)

Id love to help but I can't offer support on Royal2. Im not interested nor working on this server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Id love to help but I can't offer support on Royal2. Im not interested nor working on this server.
duck, and i know what this server is not strikearena project. Need some info from Mike about work this server or server rpt from worker ROYAL2 server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
duck, and i know what this server is not strikearena project. Need some info from Mike about work this server or server rpt from worker ROYAL2 server.

Im not even sure mike knows, it seems interesting but im sorry man, it's not my interest as I have never been a fan of Royale haha, try the launch options I listed for survival perhaps? That might just work unless Royale2 is based off a different map etc, I haven't downloaded the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then the ensuing question is likely to Mike: Why release server release, if you don't even know how to run it? Not to mention the fact that the composition strikearena, which stated that the server belongs, it is not ever. Well, just really funny, a bunch of nepoymi what is laid out in the form of a bag of trash and left.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Then the ensuing question is likely to Mike: Why release server release, if you don't even know how to run it? Not to mention the fact that the composition strikearena, which stated that the server belongs, it is not ever. Well, just really funny, a bunch of nepoymi what is laid out in the form of a bag of trash and left.

Who knows, I don't mind weather the poster knows how to set this up/provides instructions due to the fact that id rather have files to learn and figure out myself rather than no one sharing/posting/leaking anything at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who knows, I don't mind weather the poster knows how to set this up/provides instructions due to the fact that id rather have files to learn and figure out myself rather than no one sharing/posting/leaking anything at all.

I agree with DerpADoge :thumbup:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

You never said to start MySQL, though you could argue it was implied, but you definitely never said start apache, nor implied it. I feel like theres a lot of gaps in this guide.

I can't find out if I got my hive running properly because I can't get the server to start. When I start my server (The survival server, I started with it so I'd have parity with what you were doing/wouldn't have to change my bat files at all), I get "No entry '.CfgAddons'." then "/CfgVehicles/Car/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewGunner/: Cannot find base class ViewGunner' " then the server program closes.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
He was referring to MySQL Workbench in that comment. Hence "Open" not "start", and the fact that the very next step involves doing stuff in MySQL Workbench.

Even then, if he meant to start MySQL module within XAMPP, the wording is confusing, and Apache wasn't mentioned a single time at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error : No entry '.CfgTitles'. (In Server.exe)

HELP Me DerpADoge!!

Back