Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ 0.60 how to modify your server/spawn buildings/Npc/Use Editor

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Please keep in mind, this is a basic tutorial for modifying server basics, go elsewhere for more complicated things of sorts.
(WARNING: DON'T ASK FOR MY SERVER FILES)
I WILL NOT BE HANDING THEM OUT/EXPLAINING THEM
EVERYTHING I COVER IN THE TUTORIAL IS HERE, NO NEED TO COMMENT QUESTIONS I ALREADY COVER!)

WARNING: MAKE BACKUPS! I AM NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY CRASHES YOU RUN INTO!

NOTE: POST ANY QUESTIONS IN THE HELP SECTION, THIS THREAD IS FOR GENERAL INFO PURPOSES ONLY (This tutorial only applies if you have a server setup)

(This tutorial applies to 420 gaming's copy of DayZ only, not arena for there is enough info on that/ I have no interest currently)
FEEL FREE TO REQUEST SOMETHING, I WILL TRY TO MAKE A POST IN THIS THREAD, THANK YOU! :D

Greetings everyone! I have been seeing a lot of questions here on the forum, today I will make a tutorial to answer and guide you through the following things:
-Where can I find these files?

-How do I change where I spawn?

-How do I change what I spawn with?

-How do I add mods to my server?

-How do I spawn vehicles?

-Basic use of editor to change spawn points, spawn AI and custom buildings

To do: How to make a simple mod:How to make a custom crafting recipe:Custom textures:
Custom sounds/scripts
Helicrashes ;)

-Where do I get server files and or client files?

Server files can be found here: (Courtesy of onkeltoctoc)

Client files can be found here: (Courtesy of onkeltoctoc)

-How do I change my spawn point?
1. Go to your server files
2. Go to MpMissions/dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus/scripts/functions/dbLoadPlayer.sqf
3.Open it (duh)
4. Look for the following code (assuming you have benwoods latest save system running)

Code:
"clientNew" addPublicVariableEventHandler{    _array = _this select 1;        _id = _array select 2;        diag_log format ["CLIENT %1 request to spawn %2",_id,_this];        _uid = getClientUID _id;        _savedChar = _uid call fnc_dbFindInProfile;        if (_savedChar select 0) exitWith {diag_log format ["CLIENT %1 spawn request rejected as already alive character",_id]};            _charType = _array select 0;        _charInv = _array select 1;

5. Below that find
Code:
_pos = findCachedSpawnPoint [DZ_spawnpointsfile,[30.0,70.0,25.0,70.0,0.5,2.0]]; (your numbers may be different, so search for _pos = findCachedSpawnPoint [DZ_spawnpointsfile,

6.Add the following line below it
Code:
_pos = [3620.7053, 8472.4277, 3.0517578e-005];

Save and close it and you should spawn in Vybor! (read below on how to change location)

-How do I change what items I spawn with:
1. Go to your server files
2. Go to MpMissions/dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus/scripts/functions/dbLoadPlayer.sqf

3. Look for this line of code
Code:
{null = _agent createInInventory _x} forEach [_myTop,_myBottom,_myShoe];

4. By default you should only have rags and a roadflare, however we are going to change that!

5. Go to

6. Type up the item you want (in this tutorial we will use the hunting backpack)

7. When you find your item it should look similar to this
DerpADoge - DayZ 0.60 how to modify your server/spawn buildings/Npc/Use Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

8. Copy the text below the name, in this case it's baghunting

9. Go back to your DbLoadplayer.sqf

10. below
Code:
{null = _agent createInInventory _x} forEach [_myTop,_myBottom,_myShoe];
add the following code

Code:
_v = _agent createInInventory "baghunting";
(If you want a different item, replace baghunting with the item of your choice.

It should look something like this now:

DerpADoge - DayZ 0.60 how to modify your server/spawn buildings/Npc/Use Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

There you go! Add all the items you can to your hearts content!

-How do I add mods to my server?:

This one is rather simple! First things first you need to get ahold of an unsigned exe!
(Thank you 420gaming!)

1. Go to the url: http://forum.ragezone.com/f866/dayz-standalone-0-60-133913-a-1123065/

2. Download both the client and server .exe's

3. Put the server exe in your server folder

4. Put the client exe in your client folder (yes, replace DayZ.exe with the new unsigned DayZ.exe )

5. (OPTIONAL): Change your new launcher .bat (Do that or rename the server.exe to whatever the current one you have is)

Code:
Look for "start DayZServerP_x64.exe Or DayZ_server.exe" inside of your bat file and replace start DayZWhateveryoursis.exe with start DayZServerP_x64.exe and save it! This will make it so the server runs the unsigned exe!

6. Find some mods (look around, just make sure it's for .60, will be using snakes custom buildings mod, you may get it here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f866/dayz-sa-custom-buildings-mushrooms-1127751/

7. Download the file after Download: (we don't need all the other included files)

8. Go straight to the Addons folder of the mod file you downloaded (where the .pbo files are)

9.Drag the .pbo 's from the mod you downloaded and drop them into the Addons folder of both your client and server folder

EXAMPLE:
Code:
 Drag test.pbo from your mod folder, put it into both your server and clients Addons folder

How do I spawn a vehicle that will always spawn in the set place I want it?
Spawning a vehicle is something all survivors need!

1. Go into your server files/MpMissions/dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus/init.sqf (ignore my use of / instead of \ :p)

2. Find dboffline; in your init

3. Add [] execVM "MakeACar.sqf"; below it

4. Save and exit out of your init.sqf

5. create an sqf file (you can seriously do this just by going in notepad, click save as, have all files selected and put .sqf at the end of the file so it will look like test.sqf )

6. Name your sqf file MakeACar.sqf

7.Open it!

8. Add the following code below:

Code:
_NextCar = createVehicle ["OffroadHatchback",[3607.8066, 8508.2373, 1.6179478], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];sleep 1;_NextCar setDir 67;_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackWheel";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackWheel";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackWheel";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackWheel";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackWheel";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackDoors_Driver";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackDoors_CoDriver";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackHood";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HatchbackTrunk";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "CarRadiator";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "CarBattery";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "SparkPlug";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HeadlightH7";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "TireRepairKit";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "Tool_LugWrench";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "HeadlightH7";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "tentmedium_packed";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "USMC_Jacket_Woodland";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "usmc_pants_woodland";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "Ammo_308Win";_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "Ammo_308Win";

Save and exit out of your new SQF file

9. If you have my vybor spawn, you will have a vehicle spawning on the bridge!

10. (EXTRA FEATURE: ADD/REMOVE ITEMS FROM THE CAR ON SPAWN)

11. Open your MakeACar.sqf and find

Code:
_nextPart = _NextCar createInInventory "EXAMPLENAME";

Add/remove items the same way you would change your Dbloadplayer, replace examplename with your class name and profit!

WARNING: REMOVING THE PARTS OF THE CAR WILL MAKE THE CAR NOT RUN SINCE THEY ARE NEEDED, SO ONLY REMOVE ITEMS THAT ARENT CAR PARTS!!

WARNING: GOING OVER THE LIMIT THAT THE CAR CAN CARRY WILL CAUSE THE ITEMS TO SPAWN ON THE GROUND NEXT TO THE CAR (this can cause lag and issues)

12. Save and run your server! (You should have a car spawned if you use my vybor spawn, however if not. Wait until later I will explain how to change that)

13. After running your server/closing it you want to make sure to go back to your init.sqf and change

Code:
[] execVM "SpawnACar.sqf";
TO 
//[] execVM "SpawnACar.Sqf";

If not a car spawns in that exact same spot every server restart, do only at your own risk!

EDITOR TUTORIAL (change your spawns, spawn NPC survivor, spawn buildings)
1. Download the editor from here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f866/dayz-editor-version-1052253/ (no it doesn't matter that it's .45, it's only for the editor)
2. Put the editor folder somewhere and get your clients addons folder, drag it into the editor but DO NOT REPLACE ANYTHING

3. Launch the editor, I prefer dx9.exe because dx11.exe crashes for me.

4. Ignore all the errors, go to the EDITOR tab and make sure to click Chernarus
(doesn't matter weather you do 2D editor or 3D editor, both are the same)

5. You will be loaded onto a 2D map, find where you want to be on the map and double click, place a survivor from the survivors0 tab or survivors tab, click ok and then click edit in 3D

6.If you don't wish to add buildings and just want a new spawn, save as a user mission and get the chords from mydocuments/DayZ/missions/yourmissionfilename, mission.sqf and replace my chords from above with the ones that you have gotten!

7. Next we will place some buildings! Press F5 and go to vehicles, look for the Buildings and the Buildings 2 tabs, try to find one you like and place it!

8. To place some ai survivors (be aware, they don't move and just idle but look cool to add some enviroment!)

9. Spawn another survivor like you spawned the first one in, Press F2 and go to the items you would like, add them and it should add to the most recently created survivor you had made! Make sure to place them where you want them to spawn!

SAVING:
1. Once you are finished, you want to go to the right hand corner and save your work as a user mission, then you may close out of the editor.

2. Head over to your mission, located in documents\DayZ\missions\YOURMISSIONNAME.ChernarusPlus

3.You will have a file named mission.sqf inside, open that up.

4. The next step is very important! Not doing so will cause your server to hang on please wait!

5. Go to the very top of your mission.sqf

6. Remove the following block of code, keeping this will cause your mission not to load.
(Yes, yours will be a different survivorpartsBLAH and diferent chords, remove that first block below activate addons) make sure to save it with this block of code removed.

7. head over to your server files, MpMissions/dayz_Auto.ChernarusPlus\mission.sqf
(If you do not have one just drag in yours from your documents, if you do replace)

8. Start your server and enjoy!

Enjoy and please rate the thread if it helps!

Goodies:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
u can give crack fixid sslost ? before me use DayZServerP_x64.exe whit smartsteam me want use patch DayZServer.exe want to crack . thank

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
u can give crack fixid sslost ? before me use DayZServerP_x64.exe whit smartsteam me want use patch DayZServer.exe want to crack . thank

Don't exactly have it, it's not in the 0.60 thread?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Don't exactly have it, it's not in the 0.60 thread?

me still session lost me crack lumu not work u can give server files buildings work to me plz want test it

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Will you help me?

I can try to upload my server files, but my internet is too slow right now due to it being used a lot by others in my household to upload a big file so it will have to be without the addons folder.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can try to upload my server files, but my internet is too slow right now due to it being used a lot by others in my household to upload a big file so it will have to be without the addons folder.

Folder\scripts:
Folders:
Custom
DataBase
Entities
​These are what the folders answer for? Describe each folder please.

These are files BENWOOD Save System
DataBase
game.c

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Folder\scripts:
Folders:
Custom
DataBase
Entities
​These are what the folders answer for? Describe each folder please.

These are files BENWOOD Save System
DataBase
game.c
Mhm, this is my server setup and what I have on it, a lot of those don't do little to anything at the moment, they were suppose to work but most are core functions whilist others do little to nothing.
1.Custom is a folder that came along with the server files I was given, the code in there appears to be nothing but a cleanup script, so nothing special.
2.Database is another sync script that writes to the database
3.Parts of a script that is on the broken side. (To a mod I am not allowed to share, so the script does nothing at all without the mod, even then appearing broken.)

Nothing out of the blue sadly, any real scripts are in mp missions :p

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

thank mate

u can give files

[] execVM "Helicarsh.sqf";[] execVM "ok.sqf";[] execVM "car.sqf";

to me or not me want to test it and u can use dmonitor in 0.60 ? thank all to help mate :love:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
thank mate

u can give files

[] execVM "Helicarsh.sqf";[] execVM "ok.sqf";[] execVM "car.sqf";

to me or not me want to test it and u can use dmonitor in 0.60 ? thank all to help mate :love:

Yeah, I have you on facebook so I will talk to you there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi. How do I change my spawn with the running game?

Hi. How do I change my spawn with the running game? Do I need a program for this?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Hi. How do I change my spawn with the running game?

Hi. How do I change my spawn with the running game? Do I need a program for this?
Maybe if you reread my instructions you will find out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok. Tks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Maybe if you reread my instructions you will find out.

Sorry, but i dont know a benwoods! Is this some program?
"4. Look for the following code (assuming you have benwoods latest save system running)"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Sorry, but i dont know a benwoods! Is this some program?
"4. Look for the following code (assuming you have benwoods latest save system running)"

This is a script that usually comes with your server files already installed, this is what makes your game save, you can get the addon
here if you do not already have it http://forum.ragezone.com/f866/dayz-server-0-60-save-1120581/

Cheers!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is a script that usually comes with your server files already installed, this is what makes your game save, you can get the addon
here if you do not already have it http://forum.ragezone.com/f866/dayz-server-0-60-save-1120581/

Cheers!

OK. Very tanks!!

Cheers!

OK. Very tks!!

Back