Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dayz standalone client+server+save guide for dummies

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
after 3 frustrating days of youtube nonsense and dead links I made a tutorial that any idiot can handle:

DAYZ STANDALONE CLIENT+SERVER+SAVE GUIDE FOR DUMMIES (who want to play with friends and not get raped constantly except by zombies)

first you should know you need at least 6gb of memory to host and play on same pc .. it will work with less but your disk drive is going to take a dump because it will be used as a ram slave..

1. download client
2. download server
3. download fix? (this is optional .. I think .. got it from DayZ SL youtube page )
4. download webserver (allows you to save progress even with server stopped) Usbwebserver V8
you can also use wamp or xamp ...
5. download servlet

6. extract Arena_Client 0.54.rar to where you want to keep your game (d:\Games\DayZSA) for example

7. go to Arena Server Files.rar and extract all into game folder BUT SKIP:
LumaEmu.ini
Steam.dll
steam_api.dll

if you later start game and get "failed to launch exe" you must have overwritten them by mistake..
go back to Arena_Client 0.54.rar and copy from there just the 3 files

8. (optional - if you want to disable all automated server restarts) edit @Start SERVER.bat and delete all and just put this in:
DayZServer54.exe -server -port=2302 -config=config\server.cfg -cfg=config\basic.cfg -profiles=dayzea.ChernarusPlus

9. edit LumaEmu.ini and write your name in all the 3! places (or use Change_nick.cmd)

10. apply 054_FIX.exe (move it to game folder first) its actually a rar sfx file so if you dont want the game to start after u apply it just use winrar to extract the files (or press ctrl+pgdn in total commander to enter the archive)

11. extract USBWebserver v8.6.zip to anywhere you like .. I put mine in Dayz\_webserver
(or install xamp,wamp)

12. extract DayzServerlet.rar to _webserver\root\DayzServlet
(or C:\wamp\www\DayzServlet or C:\xampp\htdocs\DayzServlet)

13. edit Dayz\MPMissions\dayzea.ChernarusPlus\dbSelectHost.sqf and replace whats there with
dbSelectHost "http://localhost:8080/DayzServlet/";
//dbLoadHost;

(for wamp or xamp just use )

14. !!! go to MPMissions and run pack.bat

15. edit config\server.cfg and change
hostname (this is not the ip just server title for people to see)
password (you cloud change it if you dont want other people joining.. remember it for your friends)
passwordAdmin (change this just in case)
maxPlayers (10 is enough)
reportingIP (this should be your tunngle or hamachi ip ... your friends will type in that in the remote field

16. start webserver from _webserver\usbwebserver.exe
*wait for apache and mysql to go green
(if you use wamp/xamp start those BUT if you used port 8080 make sure you tell that to apache.. edit httpd.conf)

you can now test if it works by clicking this (or this depending on what port you used)
if a 055 comes up it works

17. start server using @Start SERVER.bat
*if you have a slow comp you should also wait for the "Задание загружено." line but not mandatory

18. start game using @Start.cmd

19. connect by going to "Change Server" then "Remote" then type in localhost (friends will type in ur hamachi / tungle ip)

20. profit!

21. if you never played dayz you wont profit for long so heres some small tips:
-before you connect customize your character.. you wont be able to do so after unless you kill yourself
-if a zombie comes at you hold A (strafe left) and face it using mouse.. basically spin around it hitting it with crowbar
(press 1 to select crowbar then space to arm it then left click multiple times aiming for head to wreck it)
-if you start bleeding press tab and drag-drop your shirt on the ground (from right to left) then right click it and select "Tear into rags" then select them in inventory and "Use" to bandage yourself
-eat all the food and water you find until you get the LIGHT-green energised and hydrated statuses
-to find your friends tell them to look for a city sign then use this map
-good luck

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
JOIN SERVER '' Bad version......."

what server are you trying to join?
localhost ?
or the fake server thats listed there ?
also did you follow the steps precisely ?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i use notebook run server I join in pc by IP Notebook '' Bad version......."
But Run DayZServer54.exe On server join Game is Close Thank you for Answer

Thank you.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i use notebook run server I join in pc by IP Notebook '' Bad version......."
But Run DayZServer54.exe On server join Game is Close Thank you for Answer

Thank you.

check portforwarding on router or try to connect using lan ip.. I dont think you have to mention your reportingIP = "..."; in server.cfg but try that anyway..
ur using google translate or something I cant really understand what ur saying... did you test hosting & joining a game on same pc ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the awesome tutorial, but my gear and player location doesn't save. Im using xamp. Also how do i make it stay daytime? Thanks if you need more info i'll be on this teamspeak in the room shadow: Redacted

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recommend using SQL hive. But if you want apache, try WAMP. And check dbSelectHost in mission. Port is not required for apache. if you're sure that the problem is not dbSelectHost, check your hive system (wamp/xampp etc).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok so i fixed it by using USB Webserver and used localhost 8080.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the awesome tutorial, but my gear and player location doesn't save. Im using xamp. Also how do i make it stay daytime? Thanks if you need more info i'll be on this teamspeak in the room shadow: Redacted
start xamp then open this file using notepad or something - dbSelectHost.sqf (its located at drive:gamesfolder\Dayz\MPMissions\dayzea.ChernarusPlus\)
and check if the path in it is "http://localhost/dayzservlet/"
-if not change it to that and RUN pack.bat located in the outside folder
-if it is that copy it into firefox or chrome .. or whatever browser u use and you should get a text that just sais "055"

and you should start the webserver before the server ..

edit:eek:h right u fixed it.. u make it daytime by changing your pc time to lets say 10:00 before you start server.. 1 min after server is started you can change it back..
and.. u cant make it stay afaik.. I looked into those sqf scripts.. maybe from there you can .. maybe someone else can help with that.. I dont know about it

edit2: I think I found it (in init.sqf)

remove comments from Fixed daytime like this

//Fixed daytime
while {alive player} do {
setDate [2013, 6, 15, 23, 00];
}

hmm I tested it but fixed daytime doesnt seem to work..

BUT

if you edit Scripts\SetDateTime.sqf

and comment out the original and put your own start datetime like this

//setDate _dt_local;
setDate [2013, 6, 15, 8, 00];

it works

[don't forget to do a pack.bat after edit]

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[don't forget to do a pack.bat after edit]
lol.
it was necessary on flashpoint
for arma 2 and dayz you can put folders in missions

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it is available only on the license server exe since 0.50+
so forget

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude, persistence is not character save. See google. This is the saves of loot and tents.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
for example

mission init.sqf:
add

if (!isServer) then {
while {alive player} do {
setTerrainGrid 50.0;
sleep 10;
};
};

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
SAVE GUIDE FOR DUMMIES

16. start webserver from _webserver\usbwebserver.exe
*wait for apache and mysql to go green
(if you use wamp/xamp start those BUT if you used port 8080 make sure you tell that to apache.. edit httpd.conf)

you can now test if it works by clicking this (or this depending on what port you used)
if a 055 comes up it works

Not work for me :(

DayZ ArenA v.0.59.130861 (Based on 0.45 Source with addons) + USBWebserver v8.6 & DayzServerlet

I have tested if it works by clicking this and 055 comes up, it works

But when player connecting Red message tell save problem ! :(

Server work well !

Need Help for Hive !

Thanks in Advance.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Could someone reupload this? I'm really anxious about trying to get all of this to work.. but I can't manage to get stuff running at all and this tutorial even though it's good, the links are broken.. :/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
all file can't downloaded because "The file you are trying to download is no longer available"

Back