Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ 420Gaming v 0.62 Server Files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Tell me please, how to setup HeliCrash, and loot setting, zombie spawn?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I can .. my answer is me. I set the config some bad so i deleted the server files and extract the new server files and edit the config (BattlEye to false) and upload to the server files SmartSteamEmu and make new starter parameters which load SmartSteamEmu. a few minutes after starting the server I had 16 people on the server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what the '_jews' usergroup does? Its referenced quite a bit inside 420Mods.pbo, like...

Line 33827: _jews = ["Cal","[BOFA]MrChow","Modernkilla82","DaOne","Wolf","Jordanwee"];

Just one of the instances

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to change newbie gear and change messages of death,player join etc.?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get character saves working? When I look in the logs it tells me my character was saved but its not.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My char saves is working, i think you need to have -profiles=instance or -name=instance set not sure but its along them lines to save db

What I need to know is how to change the server messages etc when joining in game and the motd while in game as mine still say defaults after i have changed them.

Has anyone figured out what the '_jews' usergroup does? Its referenced quite a bit inside 420Mods.pbo, like...

Line 33827: _jews = ["Cal","[BOFA]MrChow","Modernkilla82","DaOne","Wolf","Jordanwee"];

Just one of the instances

From what I can tell they had their own category with admin priv's and name when joining/leaving the server.

Another line which is interesting is niggerfired; i know it has some to do with firing in safezone but its also used in other areas as well.

Did mikejones and daone get banned? perhaps they can chime in and help the community with setting server to our own settings.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What I need to know is how to change the server messages etc when joining in game and the motd while in game as mine still say defaults after i have changed them.
To change the motd and server name you have to edit serverdz.cfg in instance.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To change the motd and server name you have to edit serverdz.cfg in instance.

Yes I did this and it doesnt show up still shows the default... starting think that this is set somewhere else or something. also when you load into the game, the messages I want to change also.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I did this and it doesnt show up still shows the default... starting think that this is set somewhere else or something. also when you load into the game, the messages I want to change also.

Try changing the serverdz.cfg in the configs folder and see if that works.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did that also with no success. Its reading from the 420Mods.pbo. unpacking and editing and repacking causes player not to load etc.. the whole server with mods is locked in with the 420Mods.pbo,.. server kinda useless unless people want to promote the defunct 420gaming which I think was the intended purpose of this file.

If anyone can get the server to run using the edited 420Mods.pbo or unpacked version in mpmissions etc with everything working including server edited messages when loading in and motd messages as well with all vip and admin scripts that would be a real generous gesture, or Daone or Tre etc.. could just give us the private bisign key to unpack and repack using our own settings. This is where the server is very limited IMO its just an advertising tool in my eyes if I cant fully edit all of the servers settings to my own.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did that also with no success. Its reading from the 420Mods.pbo. unpacking and editing and repacking causes player not to load etc.. the whole server with mods is locked in with the 420Mods.pbo,.. server kinda useless unless people want to promote the defunct 420gaming which I think was the intended purpose of this file.

If anyone can get the server to run using the edited 420Mods.pbo or unpacked version in mpmissions etc with everything working including server edited messages when loading in and motd messages as well with all vip and admin scripts that would be a real generous gesture, or Daone or Tre etc.. could just give us the private bisign key to unpack and repack using our own settings. This is where the server is very limited IMO its just an advertising tool in my eyes if I cant fully edit all of the servers settings to my own.
Mine works perfectly fine, my motd and server name is changed by extracting 420Mods.pbo to mpmissions/dayz_auto.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did try that also but i couldnt get it working/ unsure how to edit all the lines of code that referenced dz\420Mods\ if they needed to be changed to the new dir or left or even which line to edit exactly so I gave up/ didnt have enough time. So have you got all the scripts working as if it was in the addons original 420Mods.pbo?, Id like to know how you have it set if so as thats ultimately the goal im after.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did try that also but i couldnt get it working/ unsure how to edit all the lines of code that referenced dz\420Mods\ if they needed to be changed to the new dir or left or even which line to edit exactly so I gave up/ didnt have enough time. So have you got all the scripts working as if it was in the addons original 420Mods.pbo?, Id like to know how you have it set if so as thats ultimately the goal im after.

Here is my working mpmissions folder :
You don't have to change anything, try it and see if it works.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks will check it out and post back with result.

No difference, files still being read by the 420Mods.pbo in addons, if I delete from addons player wont load same as before. kind of annoying really.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No difference, files still being read by the 420Mods.pbo in addons, if I delete from addons player wont load same as before. kind of annoying really.
I’d say start clean with a new server, it took me a few tries to get everything right too. First set your smartsteamemu files up, second extract 420Mods.pbo to mpmissions/DayZ_auto, third start the server with smartsteamemu and everything should work.

Would it be considered a reupload if I uploaded my working server files on this thread?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong the server runs as it is, its just editing the server messages, motd and the messages that show when your loading into the game (map top down view) is what I want to edit. I just dont want 420gaming branding all over the server when others join the server or while are in game, especially when they dont own anything and some scripting is just what it is, a mod, and modded files including arma and other games are shared day in day out in modding communities for free.

I will do a clean start and try from there, but i have a feeling that its done so if the 420Mods.pbo is edited it wont run as it did before editing.

Alunogen, have you edited the scripts and taken out or changed the 420gaming messages when you load into the game? The mpmissions seems to all be default from a normal extraction of the files from the archive, if you can change the messages and they show in game then I know its just my install perhaps.

The file to change the messages when loading into game is in PVE_scripts\scripts\functions\dbLoadPlayer.sqf at line 385, that is the messages I want to change. Also for me my edited MOTD messages dont display but the default 420gaming ones do from configs even though they have been edited.

This behavior is truly questionable and if anyone else can change these then I will feel better knowing its just the install or the system that is at fault.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Didn't read properly, nvm my bad bud

I do not need to keep 420Mods.pbo extracted, and use the PBO manager to recompile the pbo whenever I'm done editing it. Not sure if this is a difference between cracked and legit clients though, as I'm uncracked. After recompiling the pbo file everything works fine.

My workflow is:

Extract PBO to a temporary workdir outside of the server directory
Edit the desired SQF
Recompile 420Mods folder back into .PBO file
Place new updated PBO file back into addons folder + boot

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I haven't edited the messages that show up while you're spawning but I have edited the motd and Server name. I haven't changed 420Mods.pbo at all, all I did was extract it to the mpmissions folder. I'll look further into it later today because its very unusual that yours is only using the generic 420 stuff.

Back