Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official DayZ Server files for 0.63 released!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
TRY THES. I THINK IS OUR FRIEND 123NEW FINISHID SERVER ITS NICE WORK HERE

Thanks any idea of what these changes are? Is there just a line i can put in my files to add these functions? Thanks.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Central economy is a system which per server controls the amount of items in game. Old spawn system was hard to configure, and even harder to control and with survival gameplay being core to DayZ we had to move away from it sooner or later.

Item settings can be changed in real time through our frontend or directly in database. Each item class is tagged as crafted/not crafted, and carries nominal/minimal/maximum amount.

Nominal value directly controls the amount of items the server is aiming to deliver at initial startup, after that the system is controlled by cleanup + realtime respawn. When an item class reaches (nominal - minimal) it will start restocking. Maximum amount of item class on a server is (nominal + maximum). There is also a setting that dictates maximum amount of items on a server as a total.

In current iteration each server oscillates between 19k-25k items with total maximum set to 45k. Respawn tick happens every 5 seconds as does cleanup. Each class has nominal/minimal/maximum values defined. When a items class gets to a minimal value (usualy about 50%) it start respawning based on priorities.

That can constitute the base of the system with a lot more to talk about in detail which is not neccessary atm.

Each item in persistence binary also carries a lifetime value, Aka the time in seconds it can stay on the ground before expiring. Tents and backpacks/cases have the value greatly increased while other items diminish in matter of hours. Thus the loot caches should only happen with tents/cases/backpacks. While the system cleanes these items, it quickly starts restocking the original spawn points (memory points on buildings). Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the archive is either in unknown format or damaged DAYZPVP.rar

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys need to keep uploading entire binaries, just provide code snippets of your changes. It's getting ridiculous having many copies of the same servers uploaded when you can just provide a small snippet of the actual important change you intend to share.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all im trying to find out is how the hell to edit the weight system and on screen ui hud for health ectra but not 1 let on haha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I go about showing the player count every few minutes ingame? And also how do I make items despawn in 1min from dropped items and dead players?
any help will be gratefull

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How do I go about showing the player count every few minutes ingame? And also how do I make items despawn in 1min from dropped items and dead players?
any help will be gratefull

what do you need exactly????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone got 2 servers running on the same machine yet? I have 2 running but i notice on the restarts one will hang in the tasklist using the #shutdown function through bec scheduler and needs to be manually ended to let the restarter script run correctly, im thinking a cmd forced task kill of sorts may fix it but there is another problem, while running two servers one will show the right version number and shows in the communiy tab and the other will just have 63.0 in the when entering ip manually with port in community tab,Both shows right version number in the lan tab, im currently working with the instance id in the serverDZ.cfg but im not sure this is the right function im looking for. Any ideas are much welcomed.

EDIT.. ***Sorted out the version number issue, I just needed to add more steam query ports on the router and now working well...***

Hello there! How to run two servers on the same machine? My first server port is set to (2302-2307, 27016) and can be found in the game list. How does the second server set up the port to find the server in the game?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I got this fixed im running multiple servers on different ports and opened ports on router for the game ports and query all is running good now so far, had to add a bat file with kill task for servers as the #shutdown command doesnt fully close off the servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I got this fixed im running multiple servers on different ports and opened ports on router for the game ports and query all is running good now so far, had to add a bat file with kill task for servers as the #shutdown command doesnt fully close off the servers.

Can you tell me how to properly set up multiple server ports on one machine?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Each server has its own folder etc.. set different ports for each server in each of the server.cfg and forward on your router

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Each server has its own folder etc.. set different ports for each server in each of the server.cfg and forward on your router

How to set it up correctly, please help me, thank you! My computer can only open one server, server.cfg does not set the port, my friend can also find the server through the game list. When I open the second server, the game list can't find the server, the search IP can't find the server, and DART can't connect to the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My BEC works so far without problems only the whitelist is not activated or loaded. All paths are correct as far as the Scheduler.xml is loaded and works. Does anyone have an idea why this might be? Or is there a whitelist script with which I could load the list?

Sorry for Google translation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you guys had as issue that ur dedicated server didnt appear in the community server list ? and if you had can you tell me pls how did you fixed this ..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all!
Does anyone know yet, how to increase the amount of zobies?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you guys had as issue that ur dedicated server didnt appear in the community server list ? and if you had can you tell me pls how did you fixed this ..

add this: reportingIP = "YourServerIP"; in your server config

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do I make items despawn from dropped items and dead players? so when players die they despawn quick and the items the drop when they die

Back