Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Does this game have a future?

Reaction score
Yeah, as the title says. Do you see any long term future for swordsman? Will it develop a huge community like Perfect World, which is related?

I am asking because I personally do not like it very much. It is much too linear for me, the world feels segmented (lacking a huge free open map like various other games), and I just can't really get warm with it in general.

Opinions, please!

Cheers

Reaction score
I'd release mine for free (but not open source) just to piss off those noobs who buy tools - if I had a GUI on any of them :)

All my tools look more or less like this :

Swoosh91 - Does this game have a future? - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe i'll slap a GUI on them and post, just to kick off swordsman dev. I want this to be new PW.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
With having something like Stools i assume that the section will have a second lift off since right now i think this section went pretty death, theres way less activity like there was earlier.

The tools would make it able for everyone to experimentate with anything that can be modified inside the game and maybe by then They patched up the game version and screwed eventually up which will give the private servers a chance to stand up like there is now on the PW section.

And lets be honest, howlong it took before Task-editors got shared or leaked out for pw, as far i know the only shared taskeditor i know is the one from Stools and the 1.5.1 editor from Davidarkk.. so theres still a huge diffirence between people who will have shared and those who will have full developed tools.

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
With having something like Stools i assume that the section will have a second lift off since right now i think this section went pretty death, theres way less activity like there was earlier.

The tools would make it able for everyone to experimentate with anything that can be modified inside the game and maybe by then They patched up the game version and screwed eventually up which will give the private servers a chance to stand up like there is now on the PW section.

And lets be honest, howlong it took before Task-editors got shared or leaked out for pw, as far i know the only shared taskeditor i know is the one from Stools and the 1.5.1 editor from Davidarkk.. so theres still a huge diffirence between people who will have shared and those who will have full developed tools.

only to remember you, davidarkk sell stask editor 151 750$ , and i crack his tools, this is the only reason he release the tool. he is not a good man

Retired Developer
Reaction score
leaving this poop forum after 12 years of helping and posting great info for you now deal with all data lost

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have been working with someone and we have gotten pretty far on an elements editor. Now we need to find a way to compress the elements back to the original size.

There is hope!

Also for some Ducking reason I cant start the server anymore I get the damn time parse poop and I cant seem to fix it. Any Ideas?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
DS::TimeParser::parse: time value error((2014.11.2-1:30:0;2014.11.2-1:29:59)).
is from gdelivery

Thats what I have for now since I dont have my server up atm, I can get the full log if you absolutely need it.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
29-09-2014 i did my first post on that section and start dev SWO (a game i never touch before)
we are 07-11-2014 all i can see here on this section of forum people started dev then stopped due lack of tools ect...
some says : i have tool but will share ect... till now nothing :)
but this is how it's going when you guy want join a dev section
some have tools and will never share
some want tools and don't do things for get them on forum like make post or whatever for let others know that they are here as active members who has interest in SWO (these are called leechers)
and Some as me : try to understand how it's work and share some fix and helpfull info ect
And some has everything but they ask $$ for it

Right now many stopped due lack of Tools but when you search you find :)
actually all what i've got : i can't share them as i promise to the guys who gave them to me
but i can fix file and share fix here :) ect
like malldata ect from my client can be used by any other client due i will make it global for all people who run 127/130 version
also from the tools i have (i can change whole element) i can also after understanding it add/remove info in element ect...

well the section has future but how about people who start that section? are they alive?
Swoosh91 posted screen but still nothing here!! but i saw many troll topic from him on that forum >< lol

Edit :
Forget post something :)
REMOVED

Okay...

So you have tools but you don't share them tho you complain because some ppl that have tools and actually showed proof of the tools without GUI (where most likely not many ppl will be able to work with because they are used to a GUI) are not sharing them right away. That doesn't make sense right because you said yourself you won't share them because you ''promised'' someone that you won't share them.

Why would you name someone? Tbh i know @Swoosh91 did alot for the Perfect World section and he made the Swordsman Database for everyone to accesss... Not everything should come from him...

This section doesn't lift off yea we see that with so many sections on here.. its not just because ppl don't share tools that the section doesn't lift off, its also because swordsman is a harder game then the one's that are up now by most of the ppl that develop for PW for example...

Instead of complaining i would say:

Since you have a live server up and running.. Make a complete detailed tutorial with pictures and like a vmware.. everything fully explained.. no errors and full support on that thread and maybe someone might release their tools in the future...

Find out how to make the server run on ubuntu and most likely I will give a shot on it too... Atm the only reason why i'm not touching swordsman is due to the lack of information i have about the server side (only guide is made on CentOS... which where my knowledge is not into.)

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Instead of that reply i would say :
Read again what i wrote and Read EACH Line you skip important line i guess when you read it

I quote what you missed

This is mean i'll share fix and info : go check bola post and see what i share already about fix and info

When someone gave you file or whatever and ask you to not share them will you break that rule ? i guess no right? if you do mean you are a bastard
but if you read some above post few days ago i wrote about we miss element data and right now i got it
so what the point you come and blame my post ? where i say that @Swoosh91 posted proof sure but he said also : he gonna share but he didnt

Show off his tool for PISSED OFF PEOPLE? what the point saying that?

that the point of that post : the section was alive and suddenly people stop doing things here

At least check this section and see what i already made as tutorial
and don't think that a tutorial about something come as fast as you think without be sure that everything you doing on it already exist on forum
Bola tutorial is enought for install a server i did follow his tutorial and made my tutorial ect

So yeah you think that i'm complaning but i'm not!! i just respond to a thread about the Future of that section
At least learn how to read properly a thread next time

in case you are lazy to search (as i can see that you can't read a post) here post
Code:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f870/secure-server-iptables-1032080/
Code:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f869/iweb-swordsman-web-editor-character-1008504-post8255204/#post8255204
Code:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f869/swordsman-gm-command-1034747
Code:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f869/swordsman-v127-bola-repack-instalation-1017818-post8226913/#post8226913
so if as you said that i should make tutorial ect then check forum before write things like that

Well i think anyone who knows me knows i search the full forum on the stuff that i need :) and ps he might would make a GUI for it :D

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
:fanny: idc .

anyway lets start making a topic with issues that are already found for swordsman so people who have problems can find their solution easy that would be nice for everyone i assume.

Reaction score
Magenik, I find your rage amusing.

There's no gui on any of my stuff, and I feel no need to slap one on. This game is worse population wise than PW, which means something :)

It's unfortunate, but even if the community had tools, nobody would have been able to attract players. Hell, even official server is empty.

Reaction score
I believe this section will be successful on a few notes.
1. Releases of addons and tools, 2. Success of the Official game.
The game is still a bit new, Giving a Wulin2 type styling, When it comes to another PWE game such as ESO, The files was released once the game was dying away, So it didn't have many hits.
Right now support and tools are needed to start the project, I'll see what I can do for this section, All games need a starting point. We have the files. So let's see what we can do with them! :)
The section is only just starting out, So no worries! :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Blah. Can't resist, think I'm going to get into all this to. Blame Magenik. :)

Back