Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Working Private Server - Almost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
actually I have made it almost as far as you did in a few weeks. I can get to the server select screen but the server names do not show up. or with the US version I can get to the log in screen but when I click ok it does not go to the server select screen. This is as far as Mental got (from what I can tell of his posts) what did you do to get beyond this point and I will try and take it from there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A few years ago i setup a lineage 2 server. setting it up was actually pretty easy and straight forward very close to the setup you show for the repent server.
However the client was a much different story. it seems that since the server checks the version for update lvl it would reject all clients that werent of the correct version to match the server.
After alot of messing around this is what i found.
I had to try several versions of the client till i found the corrrect one for my patch lvl of the server. once this was done the client startup had to bypass the update sections so no updates would occur. I also made a direct link to the correct version of the client on my webserver and instructions on how to install and prevent the updater running. once this was all done it was a snap to get new users on the system, i merely gave them web links to the info.
We had about 20 players at one time and the only issue we had with it bieng a private server resulted from the fact there was NO economy with this few players. so we were constanly adjusting the edema rates (money and item drop rates). Also we setup special npcs who would sell you special items. this helped for the lack of players farming and selling.
All in all setting up the servers are easy if you have all the right files. from what i am reading here it seems you dont have the correct client for your server version. if you happen to acquire the correct one i might be inclined to try setting up the repent server as well. good luck and keep us posted.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mike,
thank you for telling us all you know how to kiddie script. I am well aware what I need to do to make the PS work. the problem is i do not have time to work on it by myself. You need the chinese client of Repent from Sunqq to run with these sever files. as many have failed in the past to do you have to get the server list to show up and actually log in. I however am modifying these files to work with the english LOA client. so knock youself out on that chinese crap if you want to.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the DXT Editor is a really good thing to have when you manage to get this server up.
All the graphic files are in that format

I made few capes and weapons with that tool and photoshop. Really great tool :p (which was the reason i got banned in the end -.- )

-Varemenos

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah i have DXT editor and many other KOL tools to use I just have no time to work on this right now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
srry i have no time atm i did win the europe awards yesterday i made the best game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Some old faces here I see. Is there any plan of action going on.. ? perhaps.. . I don't thave that much time ether (mm hmm). I'm a software tester by day and have been looking /playing with the files for some time, I know alot of very good programmers who I'm sure I could got some leverage on to help if a specific , straight forward area is needed to be attended to. Though I can also see the client is in chinese , a problem there for sure.

Nevertheless ,the offer is there if anyone needs these resources if a miracle occurs :]]

Punkdudejon@hotmail.com :]

-Sov

p.s anyone have a list of clients? I saw beta/test client was mentioned, anyone bump me towards this?it would be extremely apreciated. me_death ? cheers !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here are the files. Again.....

Updated Chinese Client v2008

Original Chinese (TEST) Client v??

Here is what i have been trying to get done. The ENGLISH VERSION OF LEGEND OF ARES is vurtually the same as the Chinese version. They really didnt change much of the server or file structure (also true of Knights Online- another Mgame creation around the same time), therefore, I believe we can get the v85 of the US client to work and then manually add the other patches. I have several versions saved for this purpose. I can get the launcher to work and to the log in screen of the US version but the stored proceedure for actually loging in much not be written correctly. So, if you have a programmer who can determine that we will be in business again. So, long story short dont even fuk with the chinese clients go straight to the US version and work out the login problem. I also have an xtrap killer if they need to sniff the client/server actions.....although I do not know if we need that now that the official version is dead.

Let me know if there is anything else u need....

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so any news.
if you can get it to work, you gonna be the hero of a lot of people here :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im also making loa sever files im at 99% but i just stoped working on them shall i delete the server files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back