Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Repent Database files - Windows 10 with Current MSQL Software.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello ,

I had worked on this a while back , and dropped it cuz of being the only one working on it with no help.

I have made some amount of progress atleast. Here are the database files that work flawlessly in current OS environment.

Sidenote :
Each database file has a "security"sub folder with 2 login credentials(repent and repentadmin) , you will need to delete them . Create new credentials outside of the 3 databases and map them into each of the 3 of the databases while creating them . While creating ODBC DSN , go for the 32 bit option .

1. RptAISvr and RptLogSvr work pefectly .

2. Aujard works flawlessly

3. Ebenzerch takes a while to load so am not sure if its functioning properly as it should .
Report errors :
Invalid object name 'dbo.BASE_ITEM' Statements could not be prepared.
but can go ahead and launches after that warning. The window would say "Repent server started" and "Shared Memory Create Success" so am guessing it works to some extent.

4. Login Server worked sometimes , reports "Load version list fail " now . [ could not solve ]

When login server worked , i tried launching the game client but ended up getting , "???? ??? "
as error message.

I let this stay as they were for a year now , knowing that help would be hard to acquire . but figured i would just post what little progress i made.

I chose to post these here for 2 reasons.

1. At some point i might delete the files from my PC , and the little progress i made with it might end up disappearing without being of any use to anyone who might need it in the future.

2. I remember reading posts years back by Jeffrey Derksen? , as he tried to posts on his small progress here and there ., but as people were able to successfully set up the server .
For some reason they did not want to make any release based on their work.
I am occupied with a few things , I play RF Ares now and den .
I still think with few motivated people with skills* , we can salvage the skeleton of these resources and work on a private Ares server . As it is clear that the official servers do not do justice to the game and its players .

Having said everything, the reality is that there would not be any progress due to this project requiring a lot of server-emulation coding and fixing up of client files.
-
Only way ahead is with a open development , so whatever little progress and contribution that can be made to this projects slowly accumulates to something at some point.
+
I have deleted my whole post due to various reasons that i was notified by some people.
You can still contact me personally to obtain the Database files .
-
This post can also be considered as me getting my hopes of Private Ares server done with. ( based on how it is going to be recieved by people who care )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello ,

I had worked on this a while back , and dropped it cuz of being the only one working on it with no help.

I have made some amount of progress atleast. Here are the database files that work flawlessly in current OS environment.

Sidenote :
Each database file has a "security"sub folder with 2 login credentials(repent and repentadmin) , you will need to delete them . Create new credentials outside of the 3 databases and map them into each of the 3 of the databases while creating them . While creating ODBC DSN , go for the 32 bit option .

1. RptAISvr and RptLogSvr work pefectly .

2. Aujard works flawlessly

3. Ebenzerch takes a while to load so am not sure if its functioning properly as it should .
Report errors :
Invalid object name 'dbo.BASE_ITEM' Statements could not be prepared.
but can go ahead and launches after that warning. The window would say "Repent server started" and "Shared Memory Create Success" so am guessing it works to some extent.

4. Login Server worked sometimes , reports "Load version list fail " now . [ could not solve ]

When login server worked , i tried launching the game client but ended up getting , "???? ??? "
as error message.

I let this stay as they were for a year now , knowing that help would be hard to acquire . but figured i would just post what little progress i made.

I chose to post these here for 2 reasons.

1. At some point i might delete the files from my PC , and the little progress i made with it might end up disappearing without being of any use to anyone who might need it in the future.

2. I remember reading posts years back by Jeffrey Derksen? , as he tried to posts on his small progress here and there ., but as people were able to successfully set up the server .
For some reason they did not want to make any release based on their work.
I am occupied with a few things , I play RF Ares now and den .
I still think with few motivated people with skills* , we can salvage the skeleton of these resources and work on a private Ares server . As it is clear that the official servers do not do justice to the game and its players .

Having said everything, the reality is that there would not be any progress due to this project requiring a lot of server-emulation coding and fixing up of client files.
-
Only way ahead is with a open development , so whatever little progress and contribution that can be made to this projects slowly accumulates to something at some point.
+
I have deleted my whole post due to various reasons that i was notified by some people.
You can still contact me personally to obtain the Database files .
-
This post can also be considered as me getting my hopes of Private Ares server done with. ( based on how it is going to be recieved by people who care )

Jeffrey Derksen and I were able to login with the files that were posted.

You have to set your computer to
chinese local. otherwise your char will be banned automatically.

From what I remember, Jeffrey started some work on translation ect. Files are really old.

Without any source code, Just did not pay to continue.

I do not know if he continued with the project, as I stopped with any help I was giving...
Jeffery has way more knowledge than I do with these files.

Back