Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

REPENT - got a fix and need a client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So Repent is dead? well I Might actually have a Last atemp before everything is lost forever :/

I need to get hold of the Repent_test and Repent_Beta Clients Or any Client within beta - V116
I will love you guys to upload anything for me, MegaUpload is down so that makes it hard for me... my hard drive dicided to fail on me years ago.

I've built the server again in hopes i still had my clients hanging arround... turns out I don't.
when I remade the server I found ALOT of errors with the Game server, AI server and Database... The Database was the hard part of it all...

The problems I've had being the Database when importing the data missed alot of the imformation and alot of it had been in need of altering, that's sorted now. The GameServer had Wizgate's IP information and of course is not even alive now. This IP data was in the .exe itself. The AI Server had incorrect Port information and would not talk to the gameserver.
The AI server simply isn't important right now since people seam to be Stuck on Server list and all other weird stuff.
if people are still keen for a repent project then by all means help me get the CLIENTS I NEED! :)
do not get your hopes up as this is a mission :/

I've Uploaded the Client i have here

Part - 1

Part - 2

Part -3

Thanks
medeath2

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wish I still had the client files, I saved them on my hard drive because I knew it would be useful someday. Unfortunately my 1TB hard drive stopped working and I have nothing left.

Would you be so kind uploading your current progress? Or add me on MSN: jeffrey_dude1994@hotmail.com

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey dude, Sadly the same happened to me :/ I need them 2 clients to make sure my works is fine..

I worked on this many of years ago and got as far as loading 75% into game and sadly i couldnt figure out why it would crash. It's only now i do i actually know why but i can't get back to that current state without a Client lol.
Hopefully Someone will have either of them clients and is willing to upload them for me :)
once i get hold of 1 one them 2 clients i will be uploading and keeping people up 2 date with this... we need this up and insane did say its a dead project... but i believe with enough work done to it.. we can go some where with this.

if you do know of anyone with a client that would help alot :)

Thanks dude,
Chris.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I setup all my databases and .ini files but I get an error on the LoginServer:
VersionManager.exe
"Load Version List Fail!!"

Im sure the OCBC and .ini are setup correctly but still getting this error, guess an OS issue.
I wish you could add me so you could help me:p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now running a virtual machine(XP) and getting stuck at launching the Ebenezer.

Error: "BaseItemTabel empty".

But its not empty..

Here a screenshot:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a big error that i hated.. I had to manaully eneter the tables in the correct Database. I was forunate that i didnt get a single error when starting the server. I'm Also running the server in a VM

VM - VMware workstation
MS_SQL 2005 Enterprise
Running Windows Server 2000 Standard it's the only copy i had left that was Legit. but hey it works...
1024mb ram - The Game Server uses a hell of a lot.
its running on a Virtual CPU as it didn't like my HOST CPU what was I7

What i will do Shortly is Upload my Databases as they are complete and working. :)
By the way it helps if you Install a windows OS that's in Korean... It helps cant say it the best option.

I'll get back here shortly with the uploaded files.

Medeath2.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a big error that i hated.. I had to manaully eneter the tables in the correct Database. I was forunate that i didnt get a single error when starting the server. I'm Also running the server in a VM

VM - VMware workstation
MS_SQL 2005 Enterprise
Running Windows Server 2000 Standard it's the only copy i had left that was Legit. but hey it works...
1024mb ram - The Game Server uses a hell of a lot.
its running on a Virtual CPU as it didn't like my HOST CPU what was I7

What i will do Shortly is Upload my Databases as they are complete and working. :)
By the way it helps if you Install a windows OS that's in Korean... It helps cant say it the best option.

I'll get back here shortly with the uploaded files.

Medeath2.

That would be great:):

EDIT:
Got the server running now, manually filled rows in tables.

Now need a client:p

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry dude, I haven't had the chance to get back to my laptop to open the VM for the databases, I will still upload them anyways for others to play with. I also need a client, from my understanding the client i have will work but i would like to start from scratch first.

The client i use now is Repent yes, however is contains a lot of "Legend Of Ares" data and maps. This will be a problem since the Maps need to match the server from what I have been told. The server map files are " .smd " files but i think it only contains Warp data and Monster spawn. I can be wrong in saying all of this. I will Upload the Client right now since it's on my main pc.

Do you have a Client At all?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry dude, I haven't had the chance to get back to my laptop to open the VM for the databases, I will still upload them anyways for others to play with. I also need a client, from my understanding the client i have will work but i would like to start from scratch first.

The client i use now is Repent yes, however is contains a lot of "Legend Of Ares" data and maps. This will be a problem since the Maps need to match the server from what I have been told. The server map files are " .smd " files but i think it only contains Warp data and Monster spawn. I can be wrong in saying all of this. I will Upload the Client right now since it's on my main pc.

Do you have a Client At all?

I have the USA Legend of Ares client, I managed to get to the login screen, created an user in table, but nothing happens.

I also edited the ares.exe executable and disabled XTrap so I could run WPE pro, it sends the packet but nothing happens.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ares will not work. the Packets sent from the server gets rejected by the Client.

My copy of repent WILL work. we need Insane's Help or anyone else with this.
My copy of the repent client Works fine, it's on the right port to connect to the server.
Game Server - 10000
Login Server - 15000

Client is connecting fine to it.. What is happening is the Game Server is rejected the Client cause of the incorrect Version, I'm unable to get the Version from the client to add it in the game server .ini file. I have matched the Patch Version up in regedit fine.
just making sure you understand, the GameServer wants 308138 Client version and the client i am using i cant find that.. It's masked with SunREPENT :/

I am still uploading the client... Don't worry its uploading as i type this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ares will not work. the Packets sent from the server gets rejected by the Client.

My copy of repent WILL work. we need Insane's Help or anyone else with this.
My copy of the repent client Works fine, it's on the right port to connect to the server.
Game Server - 10000
Login Server - 15000

Client is connecting fine to it.. What is happening is the Game Server is rejected the Client cause of the incorrect Version, I'm unable to get the Version from the client to add it in the game server .ini file. I have matched the Patch Version up in regedit fine.
just making sure you understand, the GameServer wants 308138 Client version and the client i am using i cant find that.. It's masked with SunREPENT :/

I am still uploading the client... Don't worry its uploading as i type this.
Waiting ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Client was uploaded last night, i edited my starter Post ;) have a look up top!

Thanks.
Thank you! btw how did you get hold of this client? I've been looking for clients all day. All the links are dead(Chinese and korean aswell). Only found a few patches.

EDIT:
Just got the client, the first we see when you start Repent is the server selection screen?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got hold of the client about a year ago before Megaupload was shut down, Sadly i didnt get anymore then that i wish i had now.

Yes the way Repent worked was pick a Server First Then login, after that you made your character/pick your character. In the Very early days of it starting was Login first then Server but it changed when they added a "Game Start" function to there website and its how it launched.
After that they were nearing the close of Repent to rebuild it to Legend of ares so they Just made the Launcher do the "Game Start" cause of that you then had to login After the Server selection. It's a weird system but it does work. You will Notice the Game Starts but you can't pick a server cause the List does show up... This is caused by the Client Rejecting the Packets from the Server. I Watched the Server recieve server the packets needed to send the Server List Packets. It sent the packets with the server List and the IP's for the Servers but the Client doesn't like it... Why i have no idea at this point. This is something we will need help in if you can't work it out.

I was able to Use the "Game Start" function from LOA KR using a account i have there, I also entered my account information into my Data base so it matched. I click Game Start the it would open Repent for me ( I replaced the LOA files with repent so this would be easier ) it was fine the Client Took it but Dropped the connection when it found the Password wrong... i was at a wtf point then, How ever the Client wants straight passwords like "flvpsxm"... the GameStart button sends the Password Hashed, Cause of that the client Just saw it as a wrong password. From There is wasn't an option sadly.

Just keep trying all the ideas i can come up with really.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's this? Looks like an old login screen showing Etana :w00t:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey bro,I'm wondering how do things go at the moment?Any Progress so far?

Edit:good luck,hopefully you will get it running soon d:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's this? Looks like an old login screen showing Etana :w00t:

That's not repent, the Client I uploaded has abit of Legend Of Ares in it. having said that, The maps in Repent online are as is, from what i can see in the Database and Client there is no Etana. After making a Character you start in your own land "Scared land" being (from loa days) Empire or Ally land. trading happened in "Hollna" or further Equal maps. It's a strange game from what people expect. The Game Play is almost the same but you will never see the game being the same in Maps and further more Style.

Give you an idea.
>Max level 100
>EXP gain a lot lower from LOA (also means to get to level 2 you needed 6000exp instead of 2300)
>Items were based on the game itself. LOA only went further then Crystal to Expand game play. To have Crystal items you were Strong, to have 17-19MP/AGI/CON crystal you were OP Or well equip :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
heey i was wonderding can u upload the files for Repent again please with ODBC en the DB files i can try with you to get this working maybe i started long time ago bcuse i quited noone was paying atention on this anymore so i quited when it was a little hard to get this working xD

and all the links are death now

Back