Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Taking Requests for Tutorials

Reaction score
1. you can't use npc to go there
2. I'll probably wait :p:

I have the 2nd server client the cap 110 hero server release, about the zrohan mall it was actually release really long time, but i guess only few or me and my old good friendmade it work.
Was upper added to the files later by pserver devs? if so you have to add the portal for it... I'll make a tut when i get back into town tonight

Reaction score
Was upper added to the files later by pserver devs? if so you have to add the portal for it... I'll make a tut when i get back into town tonight

Well i don't have idea about that, but what i know is they made a script that players can manually go there using .php script that allows you to port in upper by just putting the character name and hitting teleport and the only requirements is you need to logout ingame. it is usually added in item mall together with the instant job change.

Reaction score
Well i don't have idea about that, but what i know is they made a script that players can manually go there using .php script that allows you to port in upper by just putting the character name and hitting teleport and the only requirements is you need to logout ingame. it is usually added in item mall together with the instant job change.
zzz... Instant job change >_>

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most of the s2 content was shoehorned in. The required world files are all there and the portal string to Upper/Lower Gratt works when you enter it in-game (it has the required bin entries) but the NPC is missing the porting function and editing the bins to create a manual portal stone doesn't work for some reason. Mapserver/client missing something I assume?

But this is the main problem with a lot of the s2 content. Most of it's there but a lot of it isn't working as it should. Not enough people who know what they're doing in the scene for a long time now :thumbdown:

Reaction score
Most of the s2 content was shoehorned in. The required world files are all there and the portal string to Upper/Lower Gratt works when you enter it in-game (it has the required bin entries) but the NPC is missing the porting function and editing the bins to create a manual portal stone doesn't work for some reason. Mapserver/client missing something I assume?

But this is the main problem with a lot of the s2 content. Most of it's there but a lot of it isn't working as it should. Not enough people who know what they're doing in the scene for a long time now :thumbdown:
Are the files out newer then zrohan s2?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly couldn't tell you as I never looked into zRohan's s2 files although I did work with Charles and Jeremy briefly at Underground. Was that based on zRohan's s2? All I had myself server-wise at the time was an s1 Chinese release but if it wasn't for Reqviem managing to get those working we wouldn't have had anything at all after Underground closed. I'm not sure where the current s2 files came from that Ion et al seem to be using. They just seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
zRohan S2 files are out thanks to strike.

Also, if it wasn't for me Underground would've still be just a forum and nothing more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything he touches seems to turn to dust...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Jimmy I know you told me you'll stab me for talking to you about rohan ( I harass him 24/7 about stuff ) but I'm looking for a tutorial or tutorials on some of the actual meanings on xls rows.
Let me explain this a tad better with a screenshot
HuninHune - Taking Requests for Tutorials - RaGEZONE Forums

RATEETC[0] and so forth, do they co exist with the row saying DROPETC[0] accordingly ?
Also the formula for the 5's is 10,000 = 1% - 1,000,000 = 100% ??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah the rate and drop columns correspond to each other.

DROPETC[0] is the ID# of an "etc" type item that can drop from that mob and RATEETC[0] is the chance for it to drop from 1-1000000 with the % chance being like you said.

You're working all of this out yourself already ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to say I've done it all on my own but I get pointed in the right direction when things get too hairy.
Some of my apprehension isn't just working with the bins its also working with excel and not knowing how to use it efficiently. I always think I'm going to mess something up beyond repair lol.

Kind of like I did with that xlsbin the other day xD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
II always think I'm going to mess something up beyond repair lol.

Kind of like I did with that xlsbin the other day xD

That is why we always backup before we touch ;) Some of the tools I do always backs up the original before saving bin images to disk.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea I do that with bins too, would be suicidal if I didnt.
Some stupid side by side error on xlsbin caused me to try to fix it only to duck it up more lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
.bin to .xls is ok, but .xls to .bin is very bad it can ruin your bin files :(
anyone here has a tut for editing stat on weapin and armors? other ways:eek:tt:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has to do with the floats most of the time or you not saving the xls properly, so it cant convert to bin.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The xls is just so it will open up in excel quicker. They are actually text (tab delimited) format with xls extension instead of txt. To convert back to bin the file must be just that, a text (tab delimited) file with an xls extension and NOT an actual xls format file.

This goes way back to me on Xor xD. DeadlyData asked me what the quickest way to edit the files would be and I said excel due to the spreadsheet nature of the bins. The best compatibility is in a text tab delimited format and for speed and ease of editing the xls extension is added.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The xls is just so it will open up in excel quicker. They are actually text (tab delimited) format with xls extension instead of txt. To convert back to bin the file must be just that, a text (tab delimited) file with an xls extension and NOT an actual xls format file.

This goes way back to me on Xor xD. DeadlyData asked me what the quickest way to edit the files would be and I said excel due to the spreadsheet nature of the bins. The best compatibility is in a text tab delimited format and for speed and ease of editing the xls extension is added.

GOT IT!! :thumbup1: now i know when i save it after i edit the xls it will save as (tab delimited).

Back