Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

That's kinda messed up. rh-bin removed from my gdrive due to DMCA

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, this is kinda funny if you ask me.
Any way i can find out who was behind all this?

TiIJKYj - That's kinda messed up. rh-bin removed from my gdrive due to DMCA - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wtf? Does your rh-bin converter actually break any rules though?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The thing is that's made by me ^^

What's there to break? I don't use any copyrighted content there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's bcz you shared the link to public people it happend to me when i gave away a client on google drive they are asking for copyright on everything like names bin names etc everything that contains RH Rohan images and so on.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That's fucked up. It's an editing tool, completely made by me.

If i'm to release the speedhack/cammode hack for iRohan, what would they do?

Reaction score
They'd try to shut that down too. How would you like it if you made a game and invested millions into it, and some internet dudes came along and started writing hacks and private servers to let players enjoy your hard work without paying for it. You'd be mad about it, and you'd do everything you can to make it stop.

Your stuff or not, it's designed to break their terms of service

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
They will spend more money updating the game guard if you release that or probbly just rename remove the commands from the rohanclient.exe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Reqveim

Were the files on your Google drive shared? If not, PlayWith had no business snooping around in it - regardless if they felt justified or not. Cloud contents are expected to be private with nobody but you and your designates accessing them. That is Google's TOS.

What you see there is a DMCA takedown order. In that takedown order the people making the complaint suspect, without proof, that what you posted violates their copyrights. They can do that. You can appeal that order with a DMCA Putback order (DMCA act section 512 (g) 2 and 3. (see scroll to section 'g' )

(g) Replacement of Removed or Disabled Material and Limitation on Other Liability.—

(1) No liability for taking down generally. — Subject to paragraph (2), a service provider shall not be liable to any person for any claim based on the service provider's good faith disabling of access to, or removal of, material or activity claimed to be infringing or based on facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing.

(2) Exception. — Paragraph (1) shall not apply with respect to material residing at the direction of a subscriber of the service provider on a system or network controlled or operated by or for the service provider that is removed, or to which access is disabled by the service provider, pursuant to a notice provided under subsection (c)(1)(C), unless the service provider —

(A) takes reasonable steps promptly to notify the subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material;

(B) upon receipt of a counter notification described in paragraph (3), promptly provides the person who provided the notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) with a copy of the counter notification, and informs that person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days; and

(C) replaces the removed material and ceases disabling access to it not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless its designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the service provider's system or network.

(3) Contents of counter notification. — To be effective under this subsection, a counter notification must be a written communication provided to the service provider's designated agent that includes substantially the following:
(A) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.

(B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.

(C) A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

(D) The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.

Here is some facts about your tool:

1. It reads binary files.
2. It translates binary files into new tab-separated-value (TSV) files.
3. It reads tab-separated-value (TSV) files.
4. It writes newly-created binary files.

Period. Nothing more. It :

(A) Does not modify code belonging to any other entity. It creates binary or TSV Files. Nothing more.
(B) You have no control of and are not responsible for what the user of that tool does with those new binary files (be sure to have a disclaimer ready!).

The facts here is that this code does not contain any code whatsoever belonging to YNK/Playwith. Nor does it modify existing code that belongs to YBNK/PlayWith. It is a tool and nothing more that belongs to you and you can prove you own all copyrights to that code.

In short you, as the owner of the removed material have the legal right to appeal this and insist on the file's replacement. You have full legal rights to distribute your code and YNK/PlayWith has no rights whatsoever in connection with your intellectual property.

One word of advice. Include a disclaimer of responsibility and liability when people use that tool. Cover your butt.

@GhostSnyper - Neither Reqveim or the end user has to certify agreement to Playwith's terms of service to distribute or run this tool ;)

If the recipient of the output from this tool to modifies their client, then proceeds to play on PlayWith's servers with it, then THEY are the ones violating PlayWith's TOS. Not Reqveim or the person that created the files.

The PlayWith's TOS does not extend outside of their own online resources.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet my savings account that he had to download the official client at some point in order to make the tool. If he at ANY point opens the software for testing and sees an EULA(or similar), or has to accept the company's ToS to write/test the tool, he violates the law. I've had to deal with this poop and it's really annoying how it happens

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Lol that's just it. You have to agree to the TOS when you create an account on their servers. You do not need an account to download the client. You do not need an account to extract its files or install it. When you RUN the client you see the copyright and license info and have to agree to it. BUT if you don't run the client or create an account, you are not bound by PlayWith's ToS.

Remember the burden of proof is on the accuser - not the accused. And once the putback orderr has been executed, Playwith can't issue another takedown without concrete proof.

Reaction score
I guess you're right, but in the end, I'd rather just do what I've been doing... Find some offshore file host that doesn't bother with DCMA, or I just drop box it, since they really can't delete whats' on your computer, just disallow it to be shared (Until you change something)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes indeed.

While Req is fully within his rights to have Google put it back, why go thru all this garbage?
I doubt Req is independently wealthy to pay layers in the inevitable legal battles that would eventually arise if Mr Lee wants to get pissy & pursue it.

Best solution - Do all your files sharing offshore on places like (one of the best, but not cheap)
Next Best - Selectively share only to people you know & trust using ftp (turn server on only for the time you are sharing) - this is what I do.
Waste of time - Google Drive, Mega and just about every other 'cloud' service out there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi is there a ways you can share your RH-bin. ive been searching for days now and all the link are dead..

Back