Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Me again lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A bit of a breakthrough I guess on my end, I have made server files compatible with the latest and last PWE Client, Broken Silence which has a completed Temple of Renas and Cave of Nightmares 100%.

Absolutely everything is working pretty much, however I'm a little confused as to my progress. I can get in game, spawn fully working, animated and scripted battles of a fully working Cyndea and Dark Veilnus.

HOWEVER, and this is where my knowledge fails me, my ingame is empty, there are no NPC's around at all for me to get quests or progress in any way, shape or form. I've done all the server sided and client sided stuff obviously, but now my question is, do I need to add everything to the DB now?

It was to my understanding that all I really needed to do was to get the client and the server to speak to each other and voila, but nope.

Video demonstrating my problem (it cuts out at the end due to heavy snow bringing down powerlines)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lack of information in DB's for NPC spawns, info, etc = empty game as you see.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thought so, guess I got some things to learn then! I don't even know where to begin, but i'll give it a shot, I've come this far I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to release my client and server files soon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thought so, guess I got some things to learn then! I don't even know where to begin, but i'll give it a shot, I've come this far I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to release my client and server files soon.

I am currently re-working the DB's to fully functional mssql db's so those stuff you experience and a ton more gets fixed.
But in the end of the video, the 2 bosses won't attack you. I think it's because you haven't added the second db (there was a second postgresql db released in on of the threads giving weapon, costumes, seems like boss fixes etc)
This was my video from late 2016, with RaiderZ Europe

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am currently re-working the DB's to fully functional mssql db's so those stuff you experience and a ton more gets fixed.
But in the end of the video, the 2 bosses won't attack you. I think it's because you haven't added the second db (there was a second postgresql db released in on of the threads giving weapon, costumes, seems like boss fixes etc)

Yeah sorry about that, it actually cut out, the bosses do attack, and all their animations are perfect etc. Looks like you've come a long way! My bosses attack me, but I cannot damage them unless I use AOE abilities.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those files need alot of work and knowledge how to do it. Also if im right you cant change those files since there is no packer for this files so basicly you need a packer and alot of work and you may be able to make and server even greater than na eu wrz.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you think everything is stored on the database, when the bunch of XML files provided in the server files directory?
Spreading irresponsible and baseless solution just confuse people and helpless at all.

If you have database system installed on your PC, you can quickly query what kind of tables present. Why don't you do that?

Yeah sorry about that, it actually cut out, the bosses do attack, and all their animations are perfect etc. Looks like you've come a long way! My bosses attack me, but I cannot damage them unless I use AOE abilities.

You'll find all answers in the Develop/XMLs directory.

talent.xml and buff.xml: is defines how skills and buffs should work. Referred by both PC and NPC.
WildRaiderZ developers (accidentally?) distributed server-side variant of both files together with their client.
So you can put its file in your server files to get working 40-cap skills.

talent_pos_info.xml: is to define how much NPC position needs to be altered per 0.1 seconds. NPC animation data does exist in the client, but not in the server. So this definition file must be present only in the server.
(You'll need to generate this file by client's animation data. But since I don't have perfect solution or tool to do this, I can't help you.)

0******.colt.xml: ****** is a NPC ID. This file defines NPC AI. For example, when an enemy AAA is under HP XX%, he should use a skill YYY, in ZZ% rate.

***.field.xml: is to define which NPC should be placed on where. Please note that this file is different from what you could find inside client (some informations are omitted that does not need for client).

Like recent other MMORPGs, PC/NPC actions, hits, damages and much other are all handled by the server. So you'll need to remake all NPC AIs and field object if you want to complete the Cowen Marsh.

Most of the files can be directly copied by Bolas server, but only the Cowen Marsh will not work (as Bolas is 35 cap files).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you think everything is stored on the database, when the bunch of XML files provided in the server files directory?
Spreading irresponsible and baseless solution just confuse people and helpless at all.

If you have database system installed on your PC, you can quickly query what kind of tables present. Why don't you do that?

You'll find all answers in the Develop/XMLs directory.

talent.xml and buff.xml: is defines how skills and buffs should work. Referred by both PC and NPC.
WildRaiderZ developers (accidentally?) distributed server-side variant of both files together with their client.
So you can put its file in your server files to get working 40-cap skills.

talent_pos_info.xml: is to define how much NPC position needs to be altered per 0.1 seconds. NPC animation data does exist in the client, but not in the server. So this definition file must be present only in the server.
(You'll need to generate this file by client's animation data. But since I don't have perfect solution or tool to do this, I can't help you.)

0******.colt.xml: ****** is a NPC ID. This file defines NPC AI. For example, when an enemy AAA is under HP XX%, he should use a skill YYY, in ZZ% rate.

***.field.xml: is to define which NPC should be placed on where. Please note that this file is different from what you could find inside client (some informations are omitted that does not need for client).

Like recent other MMORPGs, PC/NPC actions, hits, damages and much other are all handled by the server. So you'll need to remake all NPC AIs and field object if you want to complete the Cowen Marsh.

Most of the files can be directly copied by Bolas server, but only the Cowen Marsh will not work (as Bolas is 35 cap files).

Firstly
I do not think everything isn't stored in the databases or if I restore old db's directly would fix all issues or bugs in-game,
and secondly I do not think I confuse people by giving my opinions in what the error might be.
Secondly
I am not spreading;
''irresponsible and baseless solution just confuse people and helpless at all''
I am only giving my thoughts on what's the issue,
and I doubt it'd cause any harm by simply either replying saying it doesn't work or it's not that case.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Aschefurst Gotta love to be the bad guy but education is always important. DB is not doing poop in mmo's or in this case raiderz since all it is used for is storing data and not to handle game actions. If you think about it, how clever would it to program files who rather check every stupid inpit given by the client with the data in the DB, handling it afterwards and then sending a response to the client back. Completely ridiculous isnt it, whats more likely is that the server files compare the info given in their files once at construction and perhabs once on deconstruction, extraordinary interactions left out. You claimed with your post the other way around, complete mess in performance, unacceptable. Storing data in memory is more efficient than proceduring a routine at every input. He most likely made some crap at the server files. If the DB had failure, he wouldnt have been able to spawn the npc of desire. It wouldnt been able to be spawned if the DB had a major entry error. Your posts are weak, think before you post atleast. Highly appreciated if you read your post once again carefully and think about it, some basic client/server management knowledge wouldnt hurt either. Greetings from the cuck who made late 2015 files work by barely touching the DB ;) Not a hard task, highly recommend working with alpha files if you realy want to either get poop done or learn sth. @rzmpyske made a more valueable post. Yours is simply weak. SkySoulBlade If you want to have a fully working packer as well and assuming you use the NA/JP/KR/EU unpacker ive released, you should be able to catch the decryption key of my unpacker in IDA/Olly, trace down the actuall "decompressing" (I think I jjust used z3resx for it since it was doing perfectly fine already and the packing hasnt been any different back then)
. The key should be 202 bytes long. I no longer have my source of it unfortunately, nor will i get the key for anybody again. After you got my key, either use the rz-packer released here on this forum and change the key in the source with mine or adapt the functions, whatever you please.
Lots of love.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well unlike WildRaiderZ I'm more than happy to share my server files and client if people are actually going to attempt to work with each other and get it working.

I've done majority of the heavy lifting and would love to see RaiderZ pick up again. I'm giving you guys a chance to work on the latest of the latest client from PWE NA, you can login, you can spawn, you can do whatever you want! All it needs is attention I am able to give however it will take only me a very long time, I simply don't have the free time to do this on my own.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well unlike WildRaiderZ I'm more than happy to share my server files and client if people are actually going to attempt to work with each other and get it working.

I've done majority of the heavy lifting and would love to see RaiderZ pick up again. I'm giving you guys a chance to work on the latest of the latest client from PWE NA, you can login, you can spawn, you can do whatever you want! All it needs is attention I am able to give however it will take only me a very long time, I simply don't have the free time to do this on my own.

Well imagine you're offering ppl to play on your server while making income, would you share your files and therefor risk that your player base will shrink and your income decreases? Probably not, right. Also you're closer to wildrz files than you think, they're the exact same files as bola. The only changes made are the client swap from EU to NA and the changes related to the server files. Those changes have been applied by using a decompiler. wildrz doesn't have the source either. The brunes cap limit can be raised from 5 by patching the appserver. The brunes request sent by the client can be implemented by patching the exe.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wildrz doesn't have the source either.
I doubt it. Wild is applying the changes that does not seem to be possible without source code.
At least they can rebuild whole Raiderz.exe, which requires to be produced from source and compiler.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Granted, they want to make money. I don't, that is the problem with this section, everyone is in it for themselves and want money etc.

Me? I just want RaiderZ back and if we could get together, make a packer for my client(unfortunately it can only be unpacked) fix up the database and scripts etc to actually make the game spawn(I have an idea as to why it's not spawning anything). It's not got that far to go, really.

I know the RaiderZ section is full of unappreciative beggers and annoying people, but I do believe there are people out there who want to work on the files and client I have.

I'm still working on it here and there, also working on translating the XML's. I know it will be tough without the source.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, that was actually really simple, now I have NPC's spawned. Raises more questions though.

Back