Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Release TSTool to extract TS .e files (KR + TW)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so, this is the tool i modified to be able to decrypt and extract all .e files.
in case you did not know, the .e files contain all information about the game events, trigger, quests, quest items, quest mobs info, etc...
here is the tool:

How to use:
1. put the tool into your DBO game folder root (same place as dbo.exe)
2. run the tool :)
3. you will get an error, click "Ignore", its fine
4. go to "Project" -> "Export TS Files (E)" (the last one)
5. now you will get a new window with two buttons active, " Build KR " and "Build TW", each one will extract the files for the specific client.
6. you will get 4 messages, just click "OK" to all of them
7. now, the extraction should be done! you will find these 4 new folders in your game root:
"00_evt_e"
"00_objtrigger_e"
"00_pctrigger_e"
"00_quest_e"

inside of them are the extracted files of each TS .e file.

NOTE:
the tool worked for one of the TW clients i have, but it did not work inside the DBOG files, to work around this, take the ts folder in the DBOG root and put it in another TW client root,
then run the tool in the other TW root and do "Build TW"

Special thanks to @SanGawku for providing the TW decryption key :)

quick tip: how to get mob data for a quest from the files
quest data is in "00_quest_e" folder, files are named according to the quest id (tid),

for example, the second human quest (kill 3 squirrels) has tid = 2, so we open this file: "2.t" look for "CDboTSActSToCEvt",
here you will find data related to the quest event, inside it, you will find "idx0 = 4911100;", this is the tblidx of the mob for this quest :), and below it is "cnt0 = 3;", the kill count required for the mob.

i really hope the tool will work with everyone,
i will try to solve any problem encountered by someone using the tool, so please feel free to post your problems here.

please correct any wrong information i might have given.

UPDATE:
the tool can now encrypt (re-zip) the files extracted by the same tool.

to use it, go to "Project" -> choose "Trigger Encryption KR" or "Trigger Encryption TW"
when it finishes, you will find one of these two files:
ts_KR or ts_TW
(well you can get both, but only the correct one will work for your client)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Release TSTool to extract TS .e files

Wow! You are great! I don't know C++, so it helps a lot. I will certainly try it when I back to home! I just can't wait, so I leave a message first :D

I am developing a server based on TW version. Here is my progress:

Hopefully your tool works on TW client too.

Btw, would you mind tell us your progress of your development?

Sorry for my poor English

Update:
It works for KR client, but it seems that it does not work for TW client.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Release TSTool to extract TS .e files

Wow! You are great! I don't know C++, so it helps a lot. I will certainly try it when I back to home! I just can't wait, so I leave a message first :D

I am developing a server based on TW version. Here is my progress:

Hopefully your tool works on TW client too.

Btw, would you mind tell us your progress of your development?

Sorry for my poor English

Update:
It works for KR client, but it seems that it does not work for TW client.

thank you, and im glad it worked for you.

about the TW client, im sorry i forgot to mention this, but this tool was made for the KR beta client.

and about my progress, well i can log in game server, skills are working just basically (not tested enough), spawns are working, quests and quest rewards are working (but quests are like 20% complete), and character fighting (but still a little sluggish and buggy).

mobs still cant move or fight.

regarding the TW client, it seems that the decryption key is different :(:... so i cant decrypt it, sorry.
but if someone can send me the TW decryption key, i can copy and paste it in the code and make it work :3

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Release TSTool to extract TS .e files (KR 0.50.9)

Wow! It's awesome that SanGawku discloses the key. Thank you so much. Hoping that weertoop would provide and share the revised TS Tool (TW version).

Moreover, I would like to ask how to encrypt the files. I know I am too greedy XD

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Release TSTool to extract TS .e files (KR 0.50.9)

You do the opposite of this tool.
You can see how to do it if you look at the client source and look at the TS tool.
It gives you the code to repack the e files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is great. I have tried and it works perfectly for TW client. Thank you so much.
I found that there is "Trigger Encryption" in the menu. But I don't know how it works...
It will be wonderful if you can also make the encrypter too. But it is already really great now, I can start programming about quest :D

Update:
I found that it is not a must to put the tool into the DBO folder. I put the tool in a new folder, copy the "ts" folder to the new folder, and copy fmodex.dll to the new folder. It works for KR, TW, and DBOG. It is interesting that the tool requires "fmodex.dll" to open... :?:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@tilamao
Its part of the libraries consumed when building the tools. @weertoop
Yeah could you possibly add the "encrypt to e" function to it. or at least describe how it works.
Thanks.

sorry i was working on the server and forgot about this :p
sure, i will do it later on and post the new tool.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
weertoop and SanGawku, I love you :eek:tt::eek:tt:
The tool seems to work perfectly :D:

Back