Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

edf or .rdf Decryper

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
Anyone have a working decrypter for the .edf or .rdf files?
I really need it!

Greetings

Last edited:
Dbo Dev
Reaction score
Re: Decryper request

That one is not working

Also it doesnt really decrypt it.. A working decrypter creates an .xml file out of the .edf file

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

It is working if you download the libraries that come with it, i'll search for the link and post it with credits (i didn't compile that)

Dbo Dev
Reaction score

its not correctly working.. I already tryed. It decrypt but the result is useless..

read from edf file function I found:

Code:
			strFullFileName += ".edf";
			pszCryptPassword = "KEY_FOR_GAME_DATA_TABLE";

if ( false == pCall->Call(strFullFileName.c_str(), &serializer, pszCryptPassword) )
			{
				return false;
			}

int nDataSize = 0;
			serializer >> nDataSize;

CNtlFileSerializer dataSerializer;
			serializer.Out(dataSerializer, nDataSize);

Ntl_CleanUpHeapString(pchFileName);

if (false == pTextAllTable->LoadFromBinary( dataSerializer ) )
			{
				return false;
			}

The dbo files are like this:

xml = not encrypted <----- xml
.rdf file = encrypted xml file <------- binary
.edf file = encrypted .rdf file <------- secured binary

anyone have .rdf decrypter?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

its not correctly working.. I already tryed. It decrypt but the result is useless..

read from edf file function I found:

Code:
            strFullFileName += ".edf";
            pszCryptPassword = "KEY_FOR_GAME_DATA_TABLE";

if ( false == pCall->Call(strFullFileName.c_str(), &serializer, pszCryptPassword) )
            {
                return false;
            }

int nDataSize = 0;
            serializer >> nDataSize;

CNtlFileSerializer dataSerializer;
            serializer.Out(dataSerializer, nDataSize);

Ntl_CleanUpHeapString(pchFileName);

if (false == pTextAllTable->LoadFromBinary( dataSerializer ) )
            {
                return false;
            }

The dbo files are like this:

xml = not encrypted <----- xml
.rdf file = encrypted xml file <------- binary
.edf file = encrypted .rdf file <------- secured binary

anyone have .rdf decrypter?

The program linked to previously does exactly what you're asking for.

.rdf = raw data file
.edf = encrypted data file

The data in the RDF files is not stored as XML. They're simple binary dumps of all the objects of a certain class. If you follow from the snippet you posted a little deeper, you should find where these classes are defined. From there you can learn how to read the files and, if you really want, convert them into XML.

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
.rdf is NOT a raw data.. .rdf is an encrypted xml file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems there's a tool (MiHaeng4) that converts .xml files into .rdf files, which I'm guessing is where this idea is coming from.

There's only 3 files I'm aware of that have an .rdf file extension: characterproperty.rdf, itemproperty.rdf, and objectproperty.rdf (all in the prop0.pak file). When you say ".rdf", I'm not sure if you're referring to one of these 3 files, or decrypted .edf files. Technically there's no difference between the two, but if you open up some of the 3 .rdf files I've listed you should find some human readable text, which sorta goes against the idea that they're encrypted.

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
Well..
xml file -> normal file which the DBO devs edited.
.rdf file -> encrypted xml file
.edf file -> encrypted .rdf file

If someone manage to create an .rdf decrypter which have readable .xml output then we can spawn monsters.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Again, .rdf files are not .xml files, and they're not encrypted. You read them as binary data. They may or may not start off with some generic file header stuff (can't remember), and after that it's just a binary dump of a bunch of objects.

The class definition for these objects (which will tell you exactly how to read from the file) is located in the "DboShared\NtlGameTable\" folder. The file you'd be looking for for Monster data is probably MobTable.h. You look in there and you find this:

Code:
	DWORD			dwMobGroup;		
	WORD			wMob_Kind;
	DWORD			dwDrop_Zenny;
	float			fDrop_Zenny_Rate;
	WORD			wExp;
	BYTE			byGrade;
	BYTE			byMob_Type;
	TBLIDX			drop_Item_Tblidx;

bool			bSize;
	WORD			wTMQPoint;

TBLIDX			dropQuestTblidx;
	TBLIDX			dropTypeTblidx;
	TBLIDX			dropEachTblidx;

BYTE			byDropTypeRateControl;
	BYTE			byDropEachRateControl;

BYTE			byDropNItemRateControl;
	BYTE			byDropSItemRateControl;
	BYTE			byDropEItemRateControl;
	BYTE			byDropLItemRateControl;

bool			bShow_Name;

BYTE			byProperty;
	BYTE			byHtbBlockRate;

WORD			wSightAngle;

Once you find out where the objects start in the .rdf file, you just start reading data as it's defined above. First up is a DWORD. A DWORD is 4 bytes, so you read 4 bytes from the .rdf file and there you have the MobGroup for that monster, and you just keep going from there for all of the variables. Keep in mind that .rdf files use little endian encoding, so if you try to read a few of these by hand to verify, the variables will appear to be backwards.

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
Yea dude and how you create those .rdf files? right, with a xml file with all the data. And if you convert something to something else, then you must be able to convert it back to the source.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, RDF and XML are both file formats, and if you know how to read them, then you can convert between the two. You can also convert any number of other formats to XML, but that doesn't mean they're all "encrypted XML". .

Before you can even think about converting RDF to XML, you must first know how to read RDF files, and that's what I explained in my last post.

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
Yes, RDF and XML are both file formats, and if you know how to read them, then you can convert between the two. You can also convert any number of other formats to XML, but that doesn't mean they're all "encrypted XML". .

Before you can even think about converting RDF to XML, you must first know how to read RDF files, and that's what I explained in my last post.

ah ok thats exactly what I mean

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand how to do it, but someone has already done that?

Back