Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ROM DB Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v.0.4.1 released! Also I edited fist post to containt sources link as well
Hey Munky,

thx for your work and your update. :w00t:
But one question. You added in your post before ressurection to GM...is this possible with your updated Editor that I can assign each spell for each class!? If so, how does it work? Or how do I get to the list ? -> I'm probably a little blind :8:

Regards
Reaperman

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Munky,

thx for your work and your update. :w00t:
But one question. You added in your post before ressurection to GM...is this possible with your updated Editor that I can assign each spell for each class!? If so, how does it work? Or how do I get to the list ? -> I'm probably a little blind :8:

Regards
Reaperman

You can change any existing record there. Just like for example you just change Thunderstorm to Deepsea Gail and from now on every mage will not have Thunderstorm but have Deepsea gail instead. You can also add new spells to list. Just don`t forget to increase count property. Note, theres Slot property for each record. If class has something at slot X as a spell and you add your own spell Y in the same slot, new spell Y should likely override old one. To add without overrides, select slot from not-used ones.

All laernobjects have guid in form 5900XX, where XX - class number
that`s 00 for GM, 04 for mage and so on.

Giving all spells to everyone - I dunno. You may try. However there`re some limits (in terms of count)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can change any existing record there. Just like for example you just change Thunderstorm to Deepsea Gail and from now on every mage will not have Thunderstorm but have Deepsea gail instead. You can also add new spells to list. Just don`t forget to increase count property. Note, theres Slot property for each record. If class has something at slot X as a spell and you add your own spell Y in the same slot, new spell Y should likely override old one. To add without overrides, select slot from not-used ones.

All laernobjects have guid in form 5900XX, where XX - class number
that`s 00 for GM, 04 for mage and so on.

Giving all spells to everyone - I dunno. You may try. However there`re some limits (in terms of count)

Thank you very much Munky...I tried this and it really works :eek:tt::w00t:
Very nice work... ;-)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi MunkyCS
I'm waiting for the answer to the private message that I sent to you, but I've another question for you about db edition.
I'm using older editordb for edit imageobject.db, in this db there are the ways to assign models for ID, I've updated older tomb_scarab way to nine-tails(Kitsune mount) for a correct visualize on client, but when I summon Kitsune on client, I cannot see textures.
Do you know what's the problem on this? I need to edit another thing or my editor is too old to edite anything?

Thank's for your big tool
Regards,
Elssair.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi @MunkyCS
I'm waiting for the answer to the private message that I sent to you, but I've another question for you about db edition.
I'm using older editordb for edit imageobject.db, in this db there are the ways to assign models for ID, I've updated older tomb_scarab way to nine-tails(Kitsune mount) for a correct visualize on client, but when I summon Kitsune on client, I cannot see textures.
Do you know what's the problem on this? I need to edit another thing or my editor is too old to edite anything?

Thank's for your big tool
Regards,
Elssair.

Unfortunately I haven`t worked with imageobjects much(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Jo MunkyCs,
using your editor now for months (since you released the first version) but I have a idea/a queastion: could you impliment more options for the npcs? for example change the items which the npc is trading? and for the zones, do you think you could find out how to change that some dungeons can only been run only once per day? such little things would be nice.

But all in all, +rep for your work xD

greatings

Mollo (yea I worked for initiorom)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Jo MunkyCs,
using your editor now for months (since you released the first version) but I have a idea/a queastion: could you impliment more options for the npcs? for example change the items which the npc is trading? and for the zones, do you think you could find out how to change that some dungeons can only been run only once per day? such little things would be nice.

But all in all, +rep for your work xD

greatings

Mollo (yea I worked for initiorom)
I'm working on admin panel right now (account creating from gui/ mailings items/money/...) And after that I may work on sell lists too. However, I can say nothing right now about zones/locations, I haven`t tocuh them for a year or so.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v 0.4.5 RELEASED!

• Made object editor a separate window instead of a tab
  • Added runes object support
  • Added admin panel
    • Account tab: view/edit/add new accounts
    • Mailing tab: send money and/or items to anyone on your server (it takes up to several minutes to make mail message come to recipient)

To make admin panel work - specify Global.ini path in settings!!! Ensure Global.ini has correct SQL value set up

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v 0.4.5 RELEASED!

• Made object editor a separate window instead of a tab
  • Added runes object support
  • Added admin panel
    • Account tab: view/edit/add new accounts
    • Mailing tab: send money and/or items to anyone on your server (it takes up to several minutes to make mail message come to recipient)

To make admin panel work - specify Global.ini path in settings!!! Ensure Global.ini has correct SQL value set up

Hey Munky,

thx for release. But i can´t start the editor... :-/

2016-09-12 05_14_10-Runes of Magic Data Base Editor - ROM DB Editor - RaGEZONE Forums 2016-09-12 05_16_50-Program Manager - ROM DB Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Munky,

thx for release. But i can´t start the editor... :-/

View attachment 158088View attachment 158089

did you follow this one

If you want to save things, make sure you press SAVE button where it exists.
And also, don`t forget to go File->Save All when you want to fix your changes to your hard drive. To make things work, you need to save everything to C:\Runewaker\Client\data, then copy everything from there toC:\Runewaker\Resources\data.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error occurs when i start (double click) romdb_editor.exe.... :-/
Try downloading again. I've fixed some things after hour or two after release and reaploaded at the same link. If error still occur after that, pm me/

Anyway, you can fix it just providing it with proper romdb.ini with contents like:
Code:
[Path]
DataFdb_Path=C:\Runewaker\Rom client\FDB
DB_Path=C:\Runewaker\rom client\data\
GlobalIni_Path=C:\Runewaker\Configs\Global.ini
Don`t forget to actualize paths. They are likely different

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try downloading again. I've fixed some things after hour or two after release and reaploaded at the same link. If error still occur after that, pm me/

Hey Munky,

ahhhh thx for the information. I downloaded again and it works...nice work.... :w00t:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Going to release next version (0.4.6) soon. I have done a lot of UI improvements (still many features to implement/improve).
For example, Ctrl+G (Goto object by its ID). That is a dialog for inputing arbitary object id with immediate single-object search. Pressing ok will open edit-object window for selected object. Also, if you have selected some text/number in edit object window, that looks like an object id - pressing Ctrl+G will open edit window for selected object. That makes all editing/exploring processes much faster.
Another improvement - if no romdb.ini found, Settings dialog will open + settings now support some visual validation.
I will finish my work on code templates for advanced search as well as I'd like to add support for some new object-types

Back