Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Sep 2020 Join Date
    floridaLocation
    160Posts

Re: Database+lua for x64 6.5.2 - UP v1.5

Database+lua for x64 6.5.2 - UP v1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageoski View Post
    Testet your new release and looks good so far (as far as i can tell, never played the 7.x maps except Tasuq on officials). So thx mate!

And great work with the patrol of the mobs in instances. i tried them myself for iceblade hardmode and was wondering how they did it, because with objectedit its a pain in the ass to work with for that stuff ^^

Definately the best we can get until now. As for Boss scripts i hope someone will be generous enough to share them in the future. :D (Honestly i'm not sure what to do with them, since i do believe i never will do a hardmode on my server the regular way ^^)

I guess you only can find out what the bosses do, if you play the instances for yourself, which isnt easy if you will do hardmode things.
    For bosses iam working on a work around as i work on "Vale of Rites- 03246.lua" look at that lua its the most simple one there is for the bosses should be able to convert it to support the other boss in other instance... Cross fingers on that one, and most of the lua code for boss in Vale of rites We have all ready .....

Mageoski
    Lightquencher - 03244.lua 3 boss fight
    Nex of Tasuq
    - 03245.lua
    Kreyen
    - 03246.lua
    Marissha - 03247.lua
    Mazzren
    - 03248.lua
    Last edited by Janebug; 09-01-21 at 12:14 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    260Posts

@xSpeedx I just pushed a client update and I removed plussing past 20 now I will be adding it back and I do plan on releasing the SQL databases as well for the content, however I know that I fixed the issue with the magic casting so the animations are playing again

according to one of my players this is what he's noticed has been working and isn't working, I'm really happy that we were able to do this thank you guys

- - - Updated - - -
    @Janebug there are some functions and the game that you can hook to dump this data faster and easier like movement data and mod locations, here's a snippet of code the help

this is the function I recommend looking at
    Net_Move_PG_Move_LtoC_AddToPartition

I'm adding some code that I did to the github for you to take a look at its out-of-date and needs to be updated
    https://github.com/g91/RomHook

however it will give you an idea of how I achieved this this same thing it doesn't help with the lua you still have to write those by hand however I'm going to release a Lua generator that I made as well later

- - - Updated - - -

https://github.com/g91/RomHook/blob/main/msvc/Hooks.cpp
    most of the information that you are going to need is inside of this yes I know the hook has been used for many games it's my favorite base I use it with every game I have

- - - Updated - - -
    @Janebug and also no need to worry I do not have a bandwidth cat I own all of my servers and I even have my own line coming directly in from level 3 everything I host myself and I get my own dmca's and I can determine if I think they're real or not I don't have to act on dmca is that there's not a lawyer attached and as I learned a lot of people like to send fake dmca so I'm protected so I love sharing files

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    284Posts

there are some functions and the game that you can hook to dump this data faster and easier like movement data and mod locations, here's a snippet of code the help
    This is a precise example of what I meant by working together for progress instead of competing with one another for fame. You benefit from that by gaining information that will optimize work on your end further. If people did that properly in science, we'd have cured aids in the 70s and cancer in the 90s. One idea I had after upgrading to a fancy new CPU was look into compressing the soon-to-be 7.4 release in an installer to the size of a regular 4.7GB DVD once there's a portable version. Perhaps even I can manage to frankenstitch portable 4.0.2 and this one together.

MemberRank
    Sep 2020 Join Date
    floridaLocation
    160Posts

@theDomo

Hmmm you think i could play with this Program "I'm going to release a Lua generator that I made" it might help a lot more on some of the Npc ....

Thanks Janebug

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    260Posts

I figure it might be funnier if I just give you guys pieces to figure out and then they release more as you figure it out like giving you directions and code to use but you have to utilize it. I thought it would be fun and more of a challenge to try to make a game out of it if you guys are okay with that :)

so get this updated and get it functioning for pulling NPC locations and movement data then I will give you the next part. and then once you guys get that working I will give you guys the lua stuff I have just so you know I am breaking it intentionally but it's not hard to fix I thought maybe I can use this opportunity to spread some knowledge you know what they say you give a man a fish he eats for a day you teach a man how to fish and he drives the ocean clean :)

MemberRank
    Sep 2020 Join Date
    floridaLocation
    160Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theDomo View Post
    I figure it might be funnier if I just give you guys pieces to figure out and then they release more as you figure it out like giving you directions and code to use but you have to utilize it. I thought it would be fun and more of a challenge to try to make a game out of it if you guys are okay with that :)

so get this updated and get it functioning for pulling NPC locations and movement data then I will give you the next part. and then once you guys get that working I will give you guys the lua stuff I have just so you know I am breaking it intentionally but it's not hard to fix I thought maybe I can use this opportunity to spread some knowledge you know what they say you give a man a fish he eats for a day you teach a man how to fish and he drives the ocean clean :)
    @theDomo
    that's is totally up too you, I still have not understood what to do with your last hint "Net_Move_PG_Move_LtoC_AddToPartition", looked at it but its above me ... So Sounds ok i hope i can swim with the sharks then .,.... Ill be releasing again soon i have Ice blade Plateaux3 and Sun Temple x3 to finish ... but for now Tomb of souls 97% With Lua(boss luas not done) , Vale of Rites 97% with Lua (cant get it to see the lua code for Bosses) and New Pantheon 97% with Lua, done as well ... after theses everything should be exactly like USA servers.... ill start on the other maps after ...
    Last edited by Janebug; 14-01-21 at 05:16 AM.

MemberRank
    Sep 2020 Join Date
    floridaLocation
    160Posts

@theDomo

i found issues with 1 item so far

hope this helps

Jane

New release tomorrow ... Moderator please close this post ...

Moderator: @Janebug Use the report button on the OP next time. You aren't guaranteed to have a moderator look at every post you make. I'm just special ;3
    Last edited by PyroSamurai; 20-01-21 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added note

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement