Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Clients 5.0.0.2535-full, 6.0.7.2693 download links + instructions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The last 3 pages of Server 6.0.7. install guide is just people (including me) asking for download links. Here they are, plus some helpful insight on configuring the game for your favorite private server.

There is 2 ways to do this. The easy way, or the hard way. The easy way, is by installing the first client 5.x, then taking the installed client 6.x and overwriting the 5.x installation. The hard way is to install, patch by patch, up to 6.x. Here is your details:

***** INSTALLATION *****

Step 1.

Step 2. Install to the default directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic)

Step 3. Do not install magic hub!

Step 4. Do not run the game. Do not update. Proceed to step 5.

-- Hard Way --

Step 5.
between version 5.0.0.2535 to 6.0.7.2693.

Step 6. Install each patch, until you have finished with a game version 6.0.7.2693

Step 7. See step 8.

-- Easy Way --

Step 5. (password: community)

Step 6. Extract the archive using , to the directory ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic ). Overwrite all files when asked.

Step 7. If you are connecting to my server, see step 10. If you are connecting elsewhere, See step 8.

***** CONFIGURATION *****

Step 8. Edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic\RuneDev.ini"

Step 9. Find [Server], underneath that you will see IP=rom.blablabla.com put your server IP there. Save.

Step 10. Open a file browser, Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic. Right click on client.exe, and create a shortcut.

Step 11. Right click your newly created "Client - Shortcut", and go to properties.

Step 12. Click the shortcut tab. Where it says Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic", replace existing line with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Runes of Magic" NoCheckVersion after the quotes. Like below. This stops the client from updating when you start it, in Step 13.

Step 13. ​Hit the like button. Run the game. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well folks, looks like someone is taking offence to this thread. I was sent a notice of takedown from Mega, stating that miller@runewaker.com doesnt like that we are sharing his freeware. Well, I guess thats that. I guess this complaintant has nothing better to do than to search the web for people trying to share old and obsolete software of a game that is only still played for nostalgic reasons. Or maybe its someone concerned we may be more successfull...

Your just mad because I can run the server on far less than 96gb of ram. STABLE. If you want to know how, show your face and PM me. I AM trying to build a community after all... Unless you are trying to cash in on the game, and dont like the free aspect to my server?

How about you message me, and I help you get your server back online... because I know your server is down right now.

To those having issues finding clients, now you know why. They are out there, about 10 pages down in google. Any more specific and jealous fools wont have to work for their money.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well never heard about runewaker taking action against anything. I would be surprised if miller@runewaker is not a real runewaker employee. Seems more like someone who has infiltrated the mail servers of runewaker don't want to see someone else having more success with his or her client/server.
Don't give up body, there are several other ways to share files!

Back