Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server 5.0.7 - (Binaries + LuaScripts + Database)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server 5.0.7 installation guide

Requirements:
  • Windows 7 or 8
  • SQL Server 2012 or 2014 (x86 version)
  • min. 8GB ram

What was changed since 4.0.6 version:
  • New Race: Dwarves
  • New Classes: Champion & Warlock
  • Level 60/70 Elite Skills
  • New Zone: Yrvandis Hollows
  • New Instance: Taffrock Southern District
  • New Zone: Ancient Kingdom of Rorazan
  • New Instance: Aeternal Circle
  • New Zone: Chrysalia
  • New Instance: Kulech Bones Nest
  • New Zone: Merdhin Tundra
  • New Instance: Bedim
  • Additional bank space for ItemShop's items

Server info:
  • max Level 97
  • Exp (Quests & Combat) x15
  • Tp (Quests & Combat) x1
  • Money x1

1. Download and unpack "RoM_server_5.0.7.7z" 7-Zip compressed file to the "C:" drive.

Link:

Info:
The "C:\Runewaker" folder should be created with following subfolders:
Code:
"C:\Runewaker\[B]Client[/B]" - contains "RuneDev.ini" for the local server (read-only flag is necessary)
"C:\Runewaker\[B]DB_backup[/B]" - contains Database backup files
"C:\Runewaker\[B]RA Server Controller[/B]" - contains "RAServerController.ini" file with list of zones
"C:\Runewaker\[B]RA Server Monitor[/B]" - contains "RAServerMonitor.ini" file
"C:\Runewaker\[B]Resource[/B]" - contains Lua scripts
"C:\Runewaker\[B]Server[/B]" - contains binaries and .ini files
"C:\Runewaker\[B]Tools[/B]" - contains required & useful tools

2. Configure server

2.1. Install "RA Server Controller" and "RA Server Monitor" from "C:\Runewaker\Tools" folder. I recommend "C:\Runewaker\RA Server Controller" and "C:\Runewaker\RA Server Monitor" folders.

2.2. Replace all appearances of "<SQL_USER_PASS>" in below .ini files by encoded SQL password chosen for "romuser".
To encode SQL password use "C:\Runewaker\Tools\RAPasswordEncode.exe"
Code:
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Common\Account.ini"
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Common\Global.ini"
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Common\ServerList.ini"
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\DataCenter.ini"
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\Global.ini"
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\PlayerCenter.ini"
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Zone\Global.ini"
2.3. Replace "<PROCESS_KEY>" in "PlayerCenter.ini" file by encoded secret code.

To generate a secret code execute below command in a command line. Next use "C:\Runewaker\Tools\RAPasswordEncode.exe" tool to encode a secret code. Insert a secret code in the password field. Type "runewaker" in the username field (without quotation marks).
Code:
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\PlayerCenter.ini" "playercenter.ini"

3. Create accounts and databases. For all steps use SQL Server Management Studio.

3.1. Login to the SQL server with admin privileges and create the SQL server account "romuser". Set a password at least 6 characters long. Grant this user all privileges. Disconnect from the SQL server.

3.2. Use "romuser" account to login to the SQL server again.

3.3. Restore five databases from backup files. Right-click on Databases and choose "Restore Database..." option. Change Source to Device and select a backup file.
To restore databases correctly the "C:\Runewaker\DATA" folder should be created or it should be changed for each database during the Restoring action.
Code:
ROM_Account.bak
ROM_GlobalDB.bak
ROM_ImportDB.bak
ROM_World.bak
ROM_WorldLog.bak
3.4. Create a first user account (your own)
Select "New Query", paste below script, change 'accountname' and 'password' to your desired login and pass, execute this script.
Code:
INSERT INTO [ROM_Account].[dbo].[PlayerAccount]
([Account_ID],[Password],[IsMd5Password],[IsAutoConvertMd5])
VALUES
('[COLOR="#FF0000"]accountname[/COLOR]','[COLOR="#FF0000"]password[/COLOR]',0,1)
GO

4. Client 5.0.7 installation

4.1. Download full client 5.0.5.2592

Link:

4.2. Download five patches up to 5.0.7.2622 version

Link:
Code:
patch_5.0.5.2592.en_5.0.6.2602.en.exe
patch_5.0.6.2602.en_5.0.6.2607.en.exe
patch_5.0.6.2607.en_5.0.6.2616.en.exe
patch_5.0.6.2616.en_5.0.7.2611.en.exe
patch_5.0.7.2611.en_5.0.7.2622.en.exe
4.3. Install client to selected directory and apply five patches in a correct order

4.4. Replace "RuneDev.ini" file in the client directory by "C:\Runewaker\Client\RuneDev.ini" file

4.5. Create shortcut to the Client.exe file, open properties and add "NoCheckVersion" at the end of "Target" field, example:
Code:
"C:\Runewaker\Client\Client.exe" NoCheckVersion

4.6. Copy the FDB and WDB folders from your client directory to "C:\Runewaker\Resource" folder

5. Start server

5.1. Run "RAServerController.exe" service. After .exe file execution start "services.msc" and run this service.

5.2. Run "RAServerMonitor.exe" and start everything from "Common" and "Service" sections.

5.3. Start selected zones from ZONE_M, ZONE_D and ZONE_SD sections.
For a local tests you don't need start all zones. For a few zones (4-5) opened at the same time even 8GB of ram is enough.
You can start and stop required zones without closing the server or client.

6. Start client and connect to the local server. Use login and password created in step 3.4.

Play and have fun!

!!! Thanks Domo !!!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's great. I like the new server! But my old server is not running, don't know this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah!! thanks @Coenx your files are very nice :). But I've a question for you, I have tried to play with a rogue/mage, but I have this error, do you know how I can fix this?
View attachment 149769

sure it caused by missing function in lua scripts for server, don't sure if it was in 5.0.7, but here is source of it

function bico_491178_SkillBulletCheck()
local Player = OwnerID()
local WeaponID = GetItemInfo( Player , EM_ItemPacketType_EQ , 9 , EM_ItemValueType_OrgObjID ) -- ЕЄЁъјuГДДж¦мЄєID
local WeaponType = GameObjInfo_Int( WeaponID ,"WeaponType" ) -- §мЁъёк®Ж®w¤¤і]©w¦nЄєГю«¬ЎAЅb¬°14ЎA§лВYГю«h¬°16

if WeaponType == 16 then
return true
end
ScriptMessage( Player, Player, 1, "[SYS_GAMEMSGEVENT_123]",0 )
return false
end

it's from 2709.lua file

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
happyhorror: you are right, I should spend more time to verify Lua scripts for missing functions. Thx for a quick fix!

I will verify Lua scripts one more time.
Unfortunately this game is too big to verify all functionality just in a few days.
If you will find next issues I will do my best to fix them as soon as possible.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx m8 for this awesome release... Do you know how to edit the .db files inside the data fdb file ?

regards

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
happyhorror: you are right, I should spend more time to verify Lua scripts for missing functions. Thx for a quick fix!

I will verify Lua scripts one more time.
Unfortunately this game is too big to verify all functionality just in a few days.
If you will find next issues I will do my best to fix them as soon as possible.

For everyone having issues with the luas in here try those:

*you can get also get early but buggy version of chapter 6 with ch5 bins using the script I provided.

credits to IngfredRoM

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bRUZZ: you have provided almost the same Lua scripts like me with a missing "function bico_491178_SkillBulletCheck()" function in 02709.lua file. I have different versions of Lua files but I need some time to verify all files.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bRUZZ: you have provided almost the same Lua scripts like me with a missing "function bico_491178_SkillBulletCheck()" function in 02709.lua file. I have different versions of Lua files but I need some time to verify all files.

Alright haven't checked yours ;) You could also show them how to get the early chapter 6 version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Download and unpack "RoM_server_5.0.7.7z" 7-Zip compressed file to the "C:" drivethe link for that is not working HELP!!! ;Darrgs wrote the link wrong sry

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To restore databases correctly the "C:\Runewaker\DATA" folder should be created or it should be changed for each database during the Restoring action.

Additionally I have uploaded Lua scripts for version 6.0.7 but I didn't test them with 5.0.7 server
Link:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you for the great release Coenx! I'm still playing on my Ch 4 server but will certainly set this one up soon lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't thank you enough for this release, for one because its cool, and second it will probably finally stop people PMing me to help them set up 4.0 =P

Also, do you have any idea why PlayerCenter and Data Center take 5-10x longer to start up than they did in 4.0? I mean long startups aren't anything I'm surprised by but I spent awhile debugging because I was sure it wasn't supposed to be taking that long.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good tut and release :)
Greeting from Green side off Poland XD

This files must be on disk "C" ??
You can put them in any path with no spaces but you'll have to change a ton of configs that right now are pre-configured for you

it's not problem for me pre config this :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help me please.

Back