Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a client with version 6.0.7 but when i start the launcher then make the client updates...

why ? i will start the game and not updates..

RuneDev.ini
[Path]
Resource=.\

[Server]
IP=127.0.0.1
Port=21002
RunewakerInsideTestServer=1
DisplayMaintainMode=1

[Debug]
SkipVersionCheck=1

[ErrorList]
PosX=44
PosY=58
Width=960
Height=722

[ChatLog]
Chatlog=1

[Option]
Glow=1

[Locale]
Language=eneu

[Crash]
NeedCheck=1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you set to the shortcut "NoCheckVersion" ?

maybe this helps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes it works now.. but i have a other problem.. when i created a charakter i have a "System Error"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cloud server, through the NAT conversion, there are internal network address and network address, such external network IP how to configure?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,
sadly I was unable to stop my computer from upgrading to windows 10 which is why I need to set-up all the stuff anew.
Now I encountered some errors and troubles I havent had before, I hope you are able to help me out here.

When setting up the server I am stuck on step 2.3.
All I get are errors like this one
Any idea how fix that one?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Abraham911,

this error normally means that you need to check your global.ini settings. You need to check your SQL connection settings.
Acc_DBServer: -> needs to be the server name (normally you set your name in the installation progress from MSQL (ExpressAndTools 32BIT\SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exe : )
Acc_Account: -> needs to be the Login from MSQL (it's the account to create as Romuser)
Acc_Password: -> needs to be the encoded password from the MSQL - Romuser Account (RAPasswordEncode.exe - username: romuser | password: <your normal MSQL Login password>

...and so on and on for the other databases!

Hopefully, it helped. If not just requote and ask :)

Greetings,
mollo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Abraham911,

this error normally means that you need to check your global.ini settings. You need to check your SQL connection settings.
Acc_DBServer: -> needs to be the server name (normally you set your name in the installation progress from MSQL (ExpressAndTools 32BIT\SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exe : )
Acc_Account: -> needs to be the Login from MSQL (it's the account to create as Romuser)
Acc_Password: -> needs to be the encoded password from the MSQL - Romuser Account (RAPasswordEncode.exe - username: romuser | password: <your normal MSQL Login password>

...and so on and on for the other databases!

Hopefully, it helped. If not just requote and ask :)

Greetings,
mollo

Can't seem to get it to work
HOWEVER, If I ignore that step, everything still works - I can login, create characters, play the game.
I have Critical Errors quite often, but I think thats related to Windows 10 somehow :D

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, let's hope you don't run a corrupted script, otherwise, it can happen that you lose all databases xD

I never tried to run a server under win10 (seems to be a bad idea cause its original programmed for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server SQL-Database 2003... I found some original documents with a lot of new info about the server structure, how the patch-server works and more stuff around rom server hosting)

at least it worked for you, so let's hope it's a long time working function :)

Greetings,
mollo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now I have the server, but the next problem is the client.
All links I find are down. Can someone post a working link to the 6.0.7 client?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So after alot of hassle i finally got it to work. everything seems to be working just fine, thanks for that!
i just got 2 little problems left:
1st: i cant get GM Commands to work, whatever i do, they do not execute. i tried to activate it using /gm ? 2013RuneWaker_Rom0628 and then i entered different commands with and without "?". nothing worked at all
also i would like to know where to find characters in the table

Thanks in advance.

Back