Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You accidentally replaced the RAServerController.ini .... go back into the archive you downloaded and copy the original RAServerController.ini and replace it with the one you are currently using

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You accidentally replaced the RAServerController.ini .... go back into the archive you downloaded and copy the original RAServerController.ini and replace it with the one you are currently using

RIGHT, that very last sentence on Step 2... Ugh... I'll report back.

So I replaced the ini file, fired up server monitor and everything got listed fine. I started the Account bit under Common and it seems to have some issue with the password or something because the window showed this message on the log to the right:
yCMLhB4 - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums

When encoding the romuser password back in Step 2, I used aaaaaa as my password as no specifications besides 6 letters minimum were given. Same is used for the romuser account on my SQL server. I can login to the SQL server just fine. Double-checked the Global.ini files in the Common, Service and Zone folders and they contain this code on SQL_USER_PASS: 0e0c14120413

Ran the encode tool, entered romuser as the accountname and the aforementioned password and it gave the exact same encoded pass the files already contain.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Most recent one, SQL Server 17.6. Downloaded and installed it just this month.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. The files are unchanged except for the password lines instructed to be changed. The fileset provided with the guide has 127.0.0.1 on all IP lines, so I assumed it was supposed to work right off the bat because it would be more than dumb to write a guide and provide a fileset that doesn't work with said guide when following the instructions.

Then again, I thought the same when I was setting up a Vindictus server which was equally cancerous...

Edit:
Did a quick attempt before I head to bed. Second paragraphs mentions editing the lines with (local) in them Global.ini files. Since I'm not using SQL express but SQL developer (grabbed it based on a reddit recommendation because I thought SSMS was enough to begin with), I changed the lines to (local)\MSSQLSERVER04 (<- that 04 is because I had to do a bunch of reinstalls until I finally had it working because there's no simple ~10 lines guide cutting right to the chase). Result is similar except it looks like this now:

sXOw82H - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums

I changed the respective lines back to (local) which they used to be before but the monitor still fails to get the account and databases unlike before. I did restart the server controller service upon the changes, it had no effect.

Since the guide appears to be lacking some crucial information and even some of the files provided are not intact, could someone share their working files so I can see what they should look like?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i actually have same issue then u did the same as u and now stuck at same place so im wondering what to do now to make it work properly...

After having passed over 8 hours trying to figure out this whole thing i gave up and decided to delete everything related to this server instalation but i would really appreciate if someone is willing to help me setting a new server thats kind of a dream to be able to access rom in gm mode ... ty in advance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a problem. I have a database restored from .bak files from the archive, which is laid out here. But FROM_Account can not be restored, as well as in the screenshots of other people in this group, I saw many more SQL databases which are not anywhere. Databases ROM_Global DB, ROM_ImportDB, ROM_World, COM_World Log-I was able to connect to the server. I'm new here, and I'm asking you to help me with the server. Who has the ability to merge the full folder Runewaker and SQL database under the local server (127.0.0.1) will be grateful.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Been reading through a couple pages encountering more and more problems that are related to files not being in a useful state from the get go or other things not mentioned in the guide.

The guide was written over three years ago. Why has no one bothered taking care of stuff like what people are reporting here time and time again? It's dead obvious that following the guide to the letter doesn't work. And we don't have a ready-to-play framework like from the Aion section where we grab a rar file with Uniserver, navicat, etc. from the 4.7.5.X thread and just put in Falke's most recent emulator release and install the databases.

PS:
My RoM server fileset is still in the same state as it was a week ago where I reported the last issue which kailo was stuck at too. If you guys seriously follow the "figure it out yourself"-mindset that seems to be going on around this forum, then just scrap the tutorials section for all games ffs. Or make some proper guides with proper troubleshooting.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not new to servers. I have up and running a WoW MaNgos server and server Lineage 2 Freya. These servers have ready-made SQL files and basic settings. There are problems with them, but no one refused to help me motivated by the fact that I'm stupid and it's not for me. Forum and created for decisions problems, if you not can help, will help the other.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
pretty well explained

I dare say, that this guide is anything but "pretty well explained".
http://forum.ragezone.com/f588/aion-core-v4-7-5-a-1073648/
Here's an example of a "pretty well explained" guide. Compare its text formation, level of detail, text quality to this one and you should see that there's a big difference in being understandable. Want a negative example from this guide here? Step 2.3 is so simple, yet so poorly explained that it makes for a needless problem. Instead of instructing to use a command prompt, one could simply write "drag playercenter.ini onto playercenter.exe".

I followed the Aion guide with absolutely zero knowledge of anything SQL related and it was much more of a breeze than this thing here ever could be the way it's written at the moment. The amount of pages in each of them also is an indicator for which guide is generally more problematic. Everyone with a sane mind would agree that Giga did a much better job than Coenx.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok well i think ill stop trying its the second time i do follow this guild at perfection and at the end it dosent work...

ill stick to my legion wow trinity server have fun all :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Contacted two others and showed them the guide and server files, they both agreed that the fileset provided doesn't work out of the box as it should when following the guide to the letter. Given the amount of pages filled with problems here compared to Aion, WoW or other sections, it's clear as day that this stuff doesn't work. So everyone following the "figure it yourself" mindset can go suck it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It does work, but the guide is not the clearest sure. But at the end of the day, is the best guide for rom that exists so.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys, server link is broken and I couldn't contact with Coenx, can anyone have the file make a mirror please?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello guys, server link is broken and I couldn't contact with Coenx, can anyone have the file make a mirror please?
That's the original fileset provided here. Beware that some of the files are not fully intact and that it will not work out of the box.

Back