Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server and client need to be the same version. I used 5.0 install files, patched to 6.xx and all is working fine. On my wifes machine, I was able to install 5.0 and then copy over my 6.xx without having to apply a single patch. both clients are working. saved a whole day of patching 2nd client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okeei i have only 2.0.0 and cant find a download for a other client version :/ then i patch it from 2.0.0 to 6.xx
i hope this will work xD and yes it will probably take a lot of time^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi

after patching from 5.0.0 to 6.0.7.2693 step by step i tried to connect to the server..
(all in the server monitor is online), (i created a username and password in SQL)
but it stay stuck in obtaining server list :(
what i have done wrong?

Coenx - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Within the next two or three days I'll get ya guys a new guide, which is far more detailed and more easy to understand.

Best regards!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi

after patching from 5.0.0 to 6.0.7.2693 step by step i tried to connect to the server..
(all in the server monitor is online), (i created a username and password in SQL)
what i have done wrong?

Server and Client are on the same machine?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi

what i have done wrong?

does nobody know gow to solve my Problem? :blush:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am currently having the same problem! PLEASE HELP!

!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried it again now this morning and I thought "duck it let's try starting it as administrator"....This is GENUINELY the first time EVER that this solved the problem for me for anything!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setting this up is always such a hassle! I didn't want to reinstall my Windows on my PC for 4 years because of this poop! It's SO complicated to set up this server and all the SQL stuff that I have no clue about!

I first downloaded SQL Management Studio, then I figured out that i need the SQL server separately, so i downloaded SQL Server 2008 express, then the service of the server didnt start. Then I added the SQL 2014 express, then i had SQL conflicts, then the uninstall didnt work, then i uninstalled 2008 because of the conflict, then it didnt work in RA Server Monitor (most things were yellow), then i delete every SQL and download 2012 express. RA Server Monitor works now, but cannot get the Databases to work because of a version mismatch. Then i download the 2014 Express again and have it as the only installed sql. And changed some poop around everywhere in the .ini's.

To be honest i dont even remember all the stuff i had to go through and change in order to get this to work. This was 2 days of non stop work right now again. I really hoped it would be more comprehensive this time, but here i am again not wanting to reinstall windows for the next 50 years because i wont be able to set this whole crap up again!

Anyways glad that it is working right now, but if someone could make a really into depth detail guide i think that would be REALLY appreciated by everyone here. Maybe also cover how to attach databases properly after reinstalling, cover the DB Editor and all it's versions (some things like editing item descriptions only work on older versions that i found on some russian shady site, which i am sure doesn't exist anymore by now), etcetcetc.

Maybe i will try to write my experiences down in a structured guide for others here aswell at some point. If anyone has trouble though setting this up then message me and i will try to help you out.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the forum here. A good old RoM junkie...Do I really have to patch up the client from 5.0 (from that polish pcworld site) to 6.0.6 or is there still a direct download of 6.0.6.2685 somewhere? Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can just download the 607 files and run them as is. no need to actually patch up. however. the 607 files keep getting reported by someone who apparantly is hellbent on ruining it for everyone, SO, yeah unless you find the 607 download link (its in the forums, look harder) yeah download and patch

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
3.1. Login to the SQL server with admin privileges and create the SQL server account "romuser".
Set a password at least 6 characters long. Grant this user all privileges. Disconnect from the SQL server.

3.2. Use "romuser" account to login to the SQL server again.
Having issues with this. When logging in with SQL Server Authentication as romuser, it says cant connect to server and gives me this error:
TITLE: Connect to Server------------------------------Cannot connect to DESKTOP-RSHI537\SQLEXPRESS.------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Login failed for user 'romuser'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456)For help, click: ------------------------------BUTTONS:OK------------------------------

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you include mixed authorization in sql?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, somebody, can help me, in the client I get when creating character, system error, how is it solved

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, somebody, can help me, in the client I get when creating character, system error, how is it solved
Hi, this error appear a lot of times on this forum :). If I remember correctly you only need to set your sql user to english with this code

sp_defaultlanguage sa, us_english
User sa now is on english format.

Suerte neng XDD
Regards,
Elssair.

Try it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I have this error, I can not solve it, someone helps me.

please thanks. This is my discord. Adyx#7642

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open SQL Server Management Studio
Connect to the database
Create a new query
Paste there
sp_defaultlanguage sa, us_english
Press the execute button
Profit!
If it doesn't work, restart the server.
sorry for my English

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a problem :/ Can you help me ?

this is ini

ı tried (local)\SQLEXPRESS but it didn't work.

this is working.

Back